Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Miyu Reiki

3,950 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Member 100
  • Gaian 50
PostPosted: Mon Feb 02, 2009 1:12 pm
Okay... so...my friend is trying to set me up with someone...

She won't tell me who though... I have a feeling that I know who it is...

It is just so awkward... I mean we (me and the person she /may/ be trying to set me up with) are friends... but I would never want to date him...

(and... well this would be my first date... and I really don't want it to be with him...)

What should I do...? I'm so new at all of this...  
PostPosted: Mon Feb 02, 2009 4:09 pm
I say you should try to just go with the flow of everything. Sometimes its the best thing to do.

But if you're really, honestly uncomfortable with the idea, then you can tell your friend - in a polite way - that it makes you uncomfortable. A good way to do that is by using "I statements" which are:
"I'm uncomfortable because..."
"I dont want to do this because..."
and be clear. it helps the person you're talking to understand your point of view and then its more likely for you to reach a compromise.

Good luck!

minus infinity

Fluffy Fatcat

cherrysoda08

PostPosted: Sat Feb 07, 2009 3:06 am
You should never do anything you're truly uncomfortable doing.

But then again, I gave some guy a "chance" (a friend, nonetheless) and now we've been together 6 months and live together.

Sometimes things are worth the risk.

=]  
PostPosted: Sat Feb 07, 2009 2:43 pm
I say give it a try.
going on a date doesn't neccesarily make you a candidate to having to go out with that person.
You could just use the date as getting to know the person more, and who knows maybe perhaps after the date you'll feel as though you would like to try and date this person .
However, if you feel uncomfortable about the whole thing you don't have to pull through with it if you don't want to.
I'm sure they would both understand and respect your feelings. 3nodding  

zfirezdancerz666

Loki god of BS

PostPosted: Tue Feb 10, 2009 7:57 pm
Maybe your friend should keep out of your love life, if you're not ready you're not ready, and nothing will change that. You don't have to go out with someone you don't want to. and most definetly shouldn't have to put yourself into a situation that makes you feel awkward. Tell your friend you're not ready when the time comes you'll be able to handle it on your own.
On the other hand you might just be nervous, first dates allways are, I was so anxious I got sick I was afriad I would miss my first date LOL. But after the ice was broken it's not so bad. And when you start dating it's good to go with friends, that way your not alone with someone you hardly know. And also where you're at go on group dates the more people the less awkwards it is and you're less likely to get into trouble. Besides group dates are way more fun!  
PostPosted: Thu Feb 12, 2009 3:11 pm
Hieis kikya
Maybe your friend should keep out of your love life, if you're not ready you're not ready, and nothing will change that. You don't have to go out with someone you don't want to. and most definetly shouldn't have to put yourself into a situation that makes you feel awkward. Tell your friend you're not ready when the time comes you'll be able to handle it on your own.
On the other hand you might just be nervous, first dates allways are, I was so anxious I got sick I was afriad I would miss my first date LOL. But after the ice was broken it's not so bad. And when you start dating it's good to go with friends, that way your not alone with someone you hardly know. And also where you're at go on group dates the more people the less awkwards it is and you're less likely to get into trouble. Besides group dates are way more fun!

Seriously, I would like to date, but just NOT with him. I've already decided that.

And my friend has stopped pestering me about it, so Its all good.  

Miyu Reiki

3,950 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Member 100
  • Gaian 50

Love Volim

Devout Senshi

8,950 Points
  • Somebody Likes You 100
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Megathread 100
PostPosted: Thu Feb 12, 2009 5:40 pm
Personal, I'd just tell your friend what you just told us. No harm in telling people the truth. If you dont wanna do it, no one should make you. no one can make you.
Or you could just cancel last minute with a flu or grounding. xp  
PostPosted: Fri Mar 06, 2009 12:48 am
i would feel excited if i were you. just experience a blind date. if you don't think you're interested in him, you can always break it off. 3nodding  

hikari megumi 15

flavored pencils

PostPosted: Wed Mar 18, 2009 12:06 pm
just speak up and tell your friend that you really don't want to date him and that you should make your own choice.  
"ALI" Advice for Life Issues

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games