Both
View Results

demon catwolf

6,300 Points
  • Member 100
  • Citizen 200
  • Dressed Up 200
PostPosted: Sun Feb 08, 2009 2:37 pm
Is a experimental death a experiment or sucide?
Im not saying that someone is trying to kill themselves because there depressed about living. Im talking about killing oneselves because they want to see the other side. Lets say someone killed themselves because they thought it as a experiment but not veiwing it as killing themslves. Do you still call this sucide or a experiment? Be honest please.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 09, 2009 9:50 am
That's pretty weird. My opinion: That may be a strange case of depression or mental instability. Or they were on a spiritual quest and got carried away. Have you seen the movie Flat Liners by the way? They did that. But they were only dead for a few minutes then brought back.  

Curiosity4hire

zfirezdancerz666

PostPosted: Mon Feb 09, 2009 12:01 pm
I agree with Curiosity4hire that it could be a mental instability, or perhaps just curiosity. like you said an experiment.

I wouldn't say it is a smart idea to want to experiment with that though, however have you ever thought that, they wanted to experiment what its like on the other side because they aren't happy with what they have in this life?.
So, i believe that suicide sometimes goes hand in hand with experiment anyways in my opinion. cause... its kind of an experiment on how far you will go to see what it is like on the other side.  
PostPosted: Fri Feb 13, 2009 9:43 am
I have 2 say its a little of BOTH. Because technically experiment or not it is killing oneself. But also it is an experiment. One that means killing yourself but an experiment none the less.  

mara love queen

DressedUpToUndress

PostPosted: Sat Feb 14, 2009 4:29 pm
(Well how do you feel now, my love?)

Stupidity.

(It's all for you...)

PostPosted: Mon Feb 16, 2009 2:28 pm
I, am going to be honest here, and say that I have thought of doing that.
Mind you, it was a few years ago, and I was depressed anyway.

From experience I can now say that I think I was simply telling myself that it was an experiment, so I would not feel guilty about whether heaven or hell was real or not. But, there were times that I honestly believed it was for a better purpose, just another thing to test out.

Now, whether I was a total lunatic or not, is still up for grabs.

Saint Black the Morbid

1,800 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Forum Dabbler 200
  • Peoplewatcher 100

Mader Hatter

5,500 Points
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Citizen 200
PostPosted: Tue Feb 24, 2009 5:12 pm
I think it is still suicide even if it's intentional or not. Nobody should be experimenting with death because that resoponsiblity belongs to God alone so I think it is still considered suicide  
PostPosted: Sat Mar 28, 2009 6:13 pm
Some people may want to see what comes after death but as for me i am afraid of the unknown state after life. Once you experiment with it remeber there is no turning back you can only go forward.  

Crap Sandwich

Color me goblin

1,350 Points
  • Beta Explorer 0
  • Beta Consumer 0
  • Beta Citizen 0
PostPosted: Sun Mar 29, 2009 9:16 am
I have to say i agree with the general theme of people thoughts. Not really for religious reasons just the simple facts. If your heart stops you are technically dead. If you are responsible for your death then you are committing suicide. Take a look at Constantine. (thats enough of a religious view on it) And if you are testing something thats an experiment.. Like when you were a kid and grabbed a hot stove. Yes you burned yourself and yes you were testing something.  
PostPosted: Wed May 13, 2009 12:41 pm
It really depends for me, though I say it's both suicide and experiment  

RiziN-ergeez

Britainian_Knight

PostPosted: Fri Jun 05, 2009 5:21 am
though I'm not sure if you could consider it an experiment (as that implies learning something) it would depend on if there is an afterlife. If not, then you don't figure anything out it's suicide. in either case it's suicide. burning_eyes  
PostPosted: Mon Jun 15, 2009 12:18 am
What kind of suicidal experiment is that? It's so inconsiderate to kill yourself to see what's on the other side (if there IS an other side) and leave people who know you behind. How traumatic it could be! That's just my opinion.

Feel free to disagree.

idiotic_mT

Mad Haru

PostPosted: Mon Jul 20, 2009 4:54 am
I'd say it's suicide and stupidity.
Killing yourself just to see what's on the other side is foolish, as you can't bring yourself back, and, what if there's nothing at all?
What then?  
PostPosted: Mon Jul 20, 2009 6:01 pm
Suicide is the act of killing yourself the reasons why would be your motive. You do not need to be depressed to kill yourself it could be that case. With that said it would be suicide considering that they would be killing one self. Now for the reason it is stupid and in order to do that you would have something wrong with your head and should have it checked out or you are depressed but you are in such a deep state of denial that you think you are not depressed and the thought comes to you in a different form.  

ZealTheDemon

light shinomi

450 Points
  • Member 100
  • Gaian 50
PostPosted: Thu Aug 13, 2009 9:00 pm
“<******** the poets of the past, my friends.
there are no beautiful suicides.
just cold corpses with s**t in their pants
and the end of the gifts.”
-tell me if someone know this poem/quote too. it reminds me of the experimental death and suicide stuff
called 'Poets of the Past' I believe. what do you guys think about this regarding the subject?
written by...sorry I was never able to find a author to it.(looked it up again just now quick) so no copyright issues here b/c of this non helful disclaimer right?

I think its a little of both if experimental death doesn't involve you dying just yet; may leads to suicide or accidental suicide though so who really knows unless your that person testing it out.  
"PDF" § Philosophy & Discussions subForum §

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff