Submit

solipism yes or no?
  yes
  no
  *types solipism into wikipedia*
View Results

judomasters

PostPosted: Wed Feb 18, 2009 8:32 am
What are your thoughts on solipism? is it a viable philosophical position? is it the ONLY viable philosophical position? debate here  
PostPosted: Sat Feb 21, 2009 5:17 am
It is a viable philosophical position (although, by definition, it's hard to have a non-viable philosophical position.) However, it essentially is the essence of claiming something, and then asking for the burden of disproof, so, no, it is far from the only viable philosophy.  

Bearorist

Dangerous Prophet

6,250 Points
  • Mark Twain 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Statustician 100

flavored pencils

PostPosted: Fri Apr 03, 2009 1:17 pm
what the heck is solipism??  
PostPosted: Fri Apr 03, 2009 7:27 pm
It's "Solipsism"

It's like logging onto Gaia and calling everyone a bot. (Though it would match to 2/3 users)

A basic definition is "Every thing does not really exist until proven!"  

Verderbnis

Khalida Nyoka
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Sat Apr 18, 2009 5:07 pm
I don't feel it is viable. It may be correct, but it is ultimately boring. My main problem with solipsism:

Accepting that your "self" (not necessarily your body) may be the only thing in existance, then nothing else can really exist. You have made the claim that you need proof of the "reality" of other things, but any proof could be invented by your mind. So nothing can exist, because any proof may not exist.  
PostPosted: Mon Jun 15, 2009 3:40 am
This solipsism stuff is messing with my head! The theory sounds so simple yet so impossible yet possible at the same time! But I definitely know MY mind exists. OMG! I must get out of this subforum or else I'll start thinking that everyone else doesn't exist and that's scary!  

idiotic_mT

"PDF" § Philosophy & Discussions subForum §

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff