Reply "ALI" Advice for Life Issues
What do i tell my Family?

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Squirt u

PostPosted: Wed Feb 18, 2009 12:30 pm
My family thinks i am afraid of rejection because i don't ask girls out, i want girls to ask ME out. I'm not that great looking, as a matter of facct i'm probably the plainest dude on the face of the earth. So if a girl asks ME out it proves she sees something beyond my appearance. And i see nothing wrong with that but my family insist that i stay traditional without any true reason behind it?

What do you all say? is it really that bad that i don't ask girls out, besides the fact that i might miss an opportunity, which i don't see how i would because i don't IGNORE girls, i keep them as friends, so if she IS the one at least she will be near by.  
PostPosted: Wed Feb 18, 2009 1:44 pm
Usually, it's the other way around. You're supposed to ask the girl out. You ask her out, she says yes, then that'll prove she sees something in you.  

SuicidalSkittles
Crew

Rainbow Witch

Adalissia12

PostPosted: Wed Feb 18, 2009 5:57 pm
I think that its ok that you don't feel comfortable enough to ask a girl out. If the chick really likes you, she'll ask herself. Don't listen to the people telling you that you HAVE to ask a chick out, if someone likes you then they should be able to find advice from their friends (girls are good at that) and stuff so that they can do it-, its common in my school for a girl to ask a guy out, so don't stress about it. There's always hope for everyone, so don't give up!
Hope my ranting helped ya! wink  
PostPosted: Wed Feb 25, 2009 4:46 pm
*You have to love yourself, before you can love anyone else
Be who you are, waiting for girls to ask you out is fine. As long as you give them hints and whatnot. They cant read your mind. >.< Telling other girls is a great way to avoid regection too.

Good Luck! biggrin  

Love Volim

Devout Senshi

8,950 Points
  • Somebody Likes You 100
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Megathread 100

KaisenKItsune

PostPosted: Sat Mar 07, 2009 1:44 pm
i like your concept. It's nice to be noticed and wanted by the opposite sex. Just explain to your family how you feel. You obviously want someone who's serious about you and confident and a relationship that will go somewhere. just tell them that. And if they still don't understand don't even bother. You know whats best for you better than they do.  
PostPosted: Mon Mar 09, 2009 4:56 pm
I'm the traditional type myself,but just tell them that you haVEN'T gotten a crush or that you feel that you're not ready yet.that should get them off for a bit.so they know they're rushing you too much.Then go hang out with your friends,but if they're girls keep an eye for any signs.  

Lotus136

1,450 Points
  • Statustician 100
  • Window Shopper 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100

Ciokon

Blessed Capitalist

9,650 Points
  • Cats vs Dogs 100
  • Invisibility 100
  • Junior Trader 100
PostPosted: Tue Mar 10, 2009 2:16 pm
You don't need a girl to ask you out in order to prove that she sees something in you. The fact that she doesn't reject you when you ask her out usually means she sees something in you 3nodding  
PostPosted: Tue Mar 17, 2009 6:02 pm
Nice way to take it easy. Being friends with them is a great idea. That way if someone likes someone they already know a bunch about eachother. Also for the parents, let them know that in time you might but your just haven't found one that you like enough to ask out (if it's true). And don't let them push you into it asking people out. No reall reason to rush it. I'm 20, a virgen and I didn't have a girlfriend till I was 16. Keep being you.  

BluePod

Lilyanatos

PostPosted: Thu Mar 19, 2009 9:17 am
So lets see here. I come from a very traditional family and half the guys that I've gone out with I have asked out. See traditional is cool and all. The thing with me is girls are asking for equal rights and such and I thinking that in a relationship things need to be equal as well. I know a lot of guys too shy to ask a girl out. In my opinion its really cute and sweet. I haven't exactly told my parents that i asked out half of them but they also don't know about half of them. That and the fact that I was not allowed to call guys in highschool like my boyfriend or a guy friend they had to call me. i broke that rule all the time. Really its to each his own if you don't want to ask a girl out don't if you do do. I don't think your family should tell you that you have to ask the girl out. Times have changed and tradition therefore with it.

Wow okay i just ranted there hope that helps a little.  
PostPosted: Thu Mar 19, 2009 11:49 am
well, i think you should just do whatever you want, because after all, its about YOU.
but usually, its guys that ask girls out, not the other way around, so i think that you should at least try.
don't worry too much about it, looks aren't the most important thing, just be your self, and don't look too hard. =D

flavored pencils

DarkHyacinth

PostPosted: Sun Apr 05, 2009 10:28 pm
The decision is up to you...girls though like to see confidence in guys, try talking to some, just try having a casual conversation, where you work or at school or anywhere, "how are you?" "anything new?" girls like it when guys show interest in them. Then through conversations you can get to know each other, and eventually you can lead it up to asking them out. Good luck!  
PostPosted: Mon Apr 06, 2009 12:12 am
Well, how you go about getting into a relationship is your own choice. Having said that, I do want to point out that I and most of the girls I know would rather the guy ask them out than go and ask them out. Most girls I know, including me, are just not that direct about that part of dating even if they really want to go out with a guy. So maybe every once in a while, if you really like the girl, take a chance?  

Katsura Zanshin

Eloquent Fatcat

11,725 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Invisibility 100
  • Elocutionist 200

Kotori82

7,200 Points
  • Forum Dabbler 200
  • Happy Birthday! 100
  • Dressed Up 200
PostPosted: Mon Apr 06, 2009 6:00 pm
The choose is up to you. No matter want your family thinks, you make the last decision. It's true girls like to be asked out buy a guy, but it's not always true. Being friends with girls is the best way because you get to know the person and than it gives you both time to decide.

Just remember it's your life and your family can't change it. Good Luck!  
PostPosted: Mon Apr 06, 2009 11:54 pm

For most girls its the other way around, there are probably a ton of girls wishing you would ask them out. Give it a shot, if they say no, then they weren't worth your affection anyway.

Sick Until Sunday

Shirtless Player

7,700 Points
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Guildmember 100
  • Forum Regular 100
"ALI" Advice for Life Issues

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items