No, I don't believe.
View Results

RcM08171978

1,300 Points
  • Gaian 50
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Treasure Hunter 100
PostPosted: Mon Feb 23, 2009 3:39 pm
I was raised Christian. I believe in the Father (God), The Son (Jesus) and the Holy Spirit which make up the Holy Trinity. I personally believe in Angels, for I have seen them. They are everywere more often then you'd think, and they have different tasks to complete. Angels work (technically) for God, so they are good.

Spirits, exist and rome everywhere also. Some are stuck doing the same thing over and over and over and over.... some don't know that they are dead and some do.

Demons unfortunatley exist as well. They sneek around and lie, and convince people to do things that are bad or not right. They are constantly at war with God's Angels.

Without God, nothing would exist. Satan, the Devil or Lucifer was once God's most beautiful Angel untill he thought that he was better than God and fell from Heaven. Don't get me wrong even though I believe that the dark and evil things exist, I know who my creator is and I know who to follow. I love God and Jesus with all my heart. That will never change.

I have had many eexpieriances in my 30 years of life and would be willing to tell them to anybody that would like to know them.

God Bless You,
Akito  
PostPosted: Wed Feb 25, 2009 11:03 pm
The difference between angels and demons is what we think of their moral codes, and whether we perceive their influence as helpful or harmful.  

Charlie Dodo

4,750 Points
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Beta Forum Regular 0
  • Beta Treasure Hunter 0

RcM08171978

1,300 Points
  • Gaian 50
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Treasure Hunter 100
PostPosted: Thu Feb 26, 2009 7:48 pm
Interesting... remember it also depends on who they are "working" for. God is a lot different than Lucifer.  
PostPosted: Sat Mar 28, 2009 1:23 pm
i really don't know if i believe in those things or not. i personally think that god did not create the world. and that god, angels, and devils can be people that we know, we just describe them as god, angels, and devils because they share the same characteristics.  

flavored pencils

roni_ruin

PostPosted: Thu Apr 16, 2009 6:01 pm
I'm confused about it to be honest.

I'm so deep in evolutionary studies that i'm sorry, i just don't believe that god created everything, not when you can map the evolution of an eye right back to those found in fossilised fish. However, i think its a really bleak thing to expect people to believe it all comes down to random chance.

Although i spent so long in Sri Lanka growing up, i've adopted some beliefs and i've modified some, but i pretty much follow my own religion.

I think as long as you have you're own beliefs, or at least hope in something, even if its just for the sun to be shining on saturday smile you'll get on fine.

x

PostPosted: Fri Apr 17, 2009 7:13 pm
Isn't Lucifer from The Divine Comedy?  

Bearorist

Dangerous Prophet

6,250 Points
  • Mark Twain 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Statustician 100

shadowmartyn

PostPosted: Mon Apr 20, 2009 5:40 pm
roni_ruin

I'm so deep in evolutionary studies that i'm sorry, i just don't believe that god created everything, not when you can map the evolution of an eye right back to those found in fossilised fish. However, i think its a really bleak thing to expect people to believe it all comes down to random chance.

Although i spent so long in Sri Lanka growing up, i've adopted some beliefs and i've modified some, but i pretty much follow my own religion.

I think as long as you have you're own beliefs, or at least hope in something, even if its just for the sun to be shining on saturday smile you'll get on fine.

x
I hate living without you, dead wrong to ever doubt you.

Hey ummm... try this.
An apple- it is a fruit, it has skin on the outside, seeds on the inside, it grows on a tree.
An orange- it is a fruit, it has skin on the outside, seeds on the inside, it too also grows on a tree.
Is it possible that if you plant an apple tree enough it becomes an orange tree?
I don't think so...

As for me I believe... completely.

But my demons lay in waiting to tempt me away.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 21, 2009 12:11 am
This doesn't strike me as a discussion so much as a "say what you believe" kind of thread.

But hey, why not?

The only religion I'm really willing to be associated with is:

The Unitarian Universalist Church.

I do not acknowledge the idea of the trinity. God is God, if there is a God. A divine being can't be fractured in any sense we can conceive of. Either Jesus was God (if there is God), or Jesus was just inspired and assisted.

As for other things, I do not buy into "demons" and "devils" mainly because I don't believe in hell. Simple reconcilliatory problem. If God loves all of creation, then God would never want creatures to suffer. Even if they "misbehaved."

So yeah. Kinda tired.  

Khalida Nyoka
Vice Captain

Verderbnis

PostPosted: Wed Apr 22, 2009 7:09 pm
1. Spirits: Yes, maybe.

2. Demons: Demons do exist, they are the dark/bad side of people, at least I call it that way. They only have the powers left to them by their "bearer". I have my demons, and you have yours.

3. God: No, not for me. If that higher being is really so loving, merciful and what not, why are there still wars? Do not always say "Thanks god, that I have survived a hard time", you can only use your own powers and no one will ever waste their energy on you, use your own chances and they will reveal new chances and so on.

4. Angels: See point 3.  
PostPosted: Thu Apr 23, 2009 8:03 am
I believe in angels, and I also believe that each person has their own demons.

But I also believe that angels work with all religions--I'm an ecletic pagan and I do angel work occasionally.

Human kind can't be put into "good" and "bad" categories so easily.  

PrincessSaraQueen

Sforzando Poco

PostPosted: Sat Apr 25, 2009 4:25 pm
I do believe in ghosts - in fact, I'm starting to think that my house is haunted...

I think that demons, angels, and god were created by man in order to explain everything that we can't. You know, we blame demons for misfortune because we don't want to/can't to say that something happened to so-&-so at random - that freaks people out. We use angels to explain why good things happen to people. We use god to explain just about everything else that we can't or don't want to explain.  
PostPosted: Sun May 03, 2009 9:34 pm
I think that there is a god and a devil, but I do not completly believe he is truly evil. I think he just disagrees with God on several subjects.  

The Rutherford

Kumi Katsuna

PostPosted: Wed May 20, 2009 7:17 am
I believe in just about everything. From the little fairies that trip my and steal my stuff to the angel that makes me move myself out of the way of harm.
I believe in a Higher power that I refer to as God and Goddess.
And that Satan is really just something created by man to cover up their own mistakes.  
PostPosted: Sun May 24, 2009 12:04 am
Khalida Nyoka
This doesn't strike me as a discussion so much as a "say what you believe" kind of thread.

But hey, why not?

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

Agreed.

Anymore to add? not really, there is a point in reasoning(sp?) where we can doubt of absolutely(just grasping the idea of absolute) anything and everything and at the same time believe in anything and everything, I avoid that point because its humanly impossible to make sure of a belief or a doubt, therefore, the idea of god, angels, demons and the likes can't be discussed.

Kagayaku Shirou

Rainbow cat FACE

PostPosted: Mon Jun 15, 2009 1:44 pm
shadowmartyn
roni_ruin

x
I hate living without you, dead wrong to ever doubt you.

Hey ummm... try this.
An apple- it is a fruit, it has skin on the outside, seeds on the inside, it grows on a tree.
An orange- it is a fruit, it has skin on the outside, seeds on the inside, it too also grows on a tree.
Is it possible that if you plant an apple tree enough it becomes an orange tree?
I don't think so...

As for me I believe... completely.

But my demons lay in waiting to tempt me away.

O.o
what? thats not how evolution works at ALL.

first, there has to be a defect in the apple tree to make it change over time and make itself better by evolving. and that process, if it happens, would happen so slowly and gradually that you wouldnt even notice, if you were alive to see the entire thing.
second, oranges and apples are completely different species. that's like saying, "dogs are mammals. so are humans. thus, humans will one day evolve into dogs." =/ it just doesnt work. if apples were to evolve, it would be something new.

anyways.
i dont believe god exists because religion is just a reflection of what a person wants in life and death. christianity is the most accepted religion, because it's so easy. all you have to say is, "god, come into my life and forgive me," and everythings all better and you go to heaven. if you dont, you go to hell.

so basically, god exists within ourselves, because we want him to be there. if you think that you saw an angel, that doesnt mean it exists. if you saw a demon that doesnt matter either. you see what you want to see. and, as someone already said, i think demons are an easy excuse to blame all of the bad things in the world. angels are overused as reassurance too, because theyre used in situations like, "OMG she survived that car crash!!!1! your gardian angel must have been protecting you!!121"

the spirits thing just kind of depends. i think its also whatever you think is supposed to be there is what is there.  
"PDF" § Philosophy & Discussions subForum §

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games