Submit

Hay?
  Hm. No.
  Hay is for horses.
  Gold is for horses.
View Results

Sherri Black

PostPosted: Tue Mar 17, 2009 5:13 pm
WARNING: Yeah, it's another boy-crazy clichéd story. Sorry.

So, here's the story. I've liked this kid [We'll call him Brandon] for about a year or so. I was in an indoor drumline with him for half a year, but now he's all gone and graduated. We barely even spoken three words to each other every other day. At least I'm a step up... He knows who I am. xd

Anyway, I'm friends with his younger brother [and we'll call him Justin]. I already know that if I do ended up getting together with Brandon, Justin will haaaaate me, but he'll get over it in the end.

The thing is, is that I've finally recieved Brandon's phone number, but I'm hesitant to call it. I get seriously nervous if 'Brandon' and the word 'phone' are used in one sentence. I can't help to think he will think less of me if I do.

Yo, what should I do!? o.o; I'm gonna go crawl in a ditch now.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 20, 2009 7:52 pm
Callhimcallhimcallhimcallhimcallhimcallhimcallhimcallhimcallhim

Get it over with (in terms of calling Brandon)! Its better to actually take the plunge and do something instead of letting it pass and wondering what could have been. Think about it in a scenario type of way - would you rather jump into the deep end of the pool that you've never tried before, or sit by the edge longing to and never doing it, and then coming back a year later and wishing you had jumped?

How do you know Brandon doesn't like you? Sure, theres a buttload of "SIGNS YOUR GUY LIKES YOU ROFL" articles on the internet, but a lot of guys show different signs. He would never ever think less of you for calling him, maybe he'll be happy you finally called him. You can ask him stuff about himself on the phone, and because its extremely common to draw a blank when on the phone, write the questions on an index card or a slip of paper and look at it while you're talking to him. A few examples would be like:
- Do you like ___ ? (it can be anything, from cupcakes to Disney)
- Do you still play the drums? (If I read it right)
- Do you have pets?
- What do you do for fun in your spare time?

and so on. Those were very lame examples, but hopefully, you get the point.

As for Justin, how do you know he wouldn't like you going out with his brother? And there might be an unshakeable reason for that, but you said yourself he'd be able to get over it. Maybe he'd be happy for you, he's your friend. [:

Best of luck, hope I helped!

minus infinity

Fluffy Fatcat

flavored pencils

PostPosted: Sat Mar 21, 2009 8:06 am
uhh, i think that you should call him, if you really want to. i mean, these things happen to everybody, so its not that big of a deal.
and i can promise you that you'll feel very good once you're done, and you'll be very proud of your self.
and i don't think that he will think less of you, because it's nothing big at all, its just a phone call. but if you're embarrased to call him for some reason you can make up a story, like ask him a question or something, so that it seems like you have a reason to call him.
hope i helped =D

PostPosted: Sun Mar 29, 2009 7:45 am
minus infinity

Get it over with (in terms of calling Brandon)! Its better to actually take the plunge and do something instead of letting it pass and wondering what could have been. Think about it in a scenario type of way - would you rather jump into the deep end of the pool that you've never tried before, or sit by the edge longing to and never doing it, and then coming back a year later and wishing you had jumped?

How do you know Brandon doesn't like you? Sure, theres a buttload of "SIGNS YOUR GUY LIKES YOU ROFL" articles on the internet, but a lot of guys show different signs. He would never ever think less of you for calling him, maybe he'll be happy you finally called him. You can ask him stuff about himself on the phone, and because its extremely common to draw a blank when on the phone, write the questions on an index card or a slip of paper and look at it while you're talking to him. A few examples would be like:
- Do you have pets?

As for Justin, how do you know he wouldn't like you going out with his brother? And there might be an unshakeable reason for that, but you said yourself he'd be able to get over it. Maybe he'd be happy for you, he's your friend. [:

So, I attempted to make an excuse to call him. It was a rather dumb excuse [the fact that I asked if he called me (saying that number came on my phone looking similar to his), then I realized after I asked it and he told me that he never recieved my number the day he gave it to me. epic failure, no?]. Anyway, yeah, we talked for awhile... only 10 minutes actually only because he had homework.

I called him again two days ago and asked if we could hang out. He said to call anytime. wink

And as for Justin, I think he's already getting the memo that I like his brother and he hasn't talked to me since. o___O; Oh well.

P.S. He played guitar for indoor drumline, by the way. whee

flavored pencils
uhh, i think that you should call him, if you really want to. i mean, these things happen to everybody, so its not that big of a deal.
and i can promise you that you'll feel very good once you're done, and you'll be very proud of your self.
and i don't think that he will think less of you, because it's nothing big at all, its just a phone call. but if you're embarrased to call him for some reason you can make up a story, like ask him a question or something, so that it seems like you have a reason to call him.
hope i helped =D

Actually, I did feel fairly awesome after I did call him. It was a big lift from my shoulders, but even so, I think my troubles would be gone if I actually hang out with him without the phone tag conversations. Thanks =]

It did help a lot actually. Trying to come up with random stories to figure out why I should call him. xD Oh well.  

Sherri Black

minus infinity

Fluffy Fatcat

PostPosted: Mon Mar 30, 2009 3:00 pm
Defunkti
minus infinity

- Do you have pets?

So, I attempted to make an excuse to call him. It was a rather dumb excuse [the fact that I asked if he called me (saying that number came on my phone looking similar to his), then I realized after I asked it and he told me that he never recieved my number the day he gave it to me. epic failure, no?]. Anyway, yeah, we talked for awhile... only 10 minutes actually only because he had homework.

I called him again two days ago and asked if we could hang out. He said to call anytime. wink

And as for Justin, I think he's already getting the memo that I like his brother and he hasn't talked to me since. o___O; Oh well.

P.S. He played guitar for indoor drumline, by the way. whee

flavored pencils
hope i helped =D

Actually, I did feel fairly awesome after I did call him. It was a big lift from my shoulders, but even so, I think my troubles would be gone if I actually hang out with him without the phone tag conversations. Thanks =]

It did help a lot actually. Trying to come up with random stories to figure out why I should call him. xD Oh well.

Thats awesome! I'm really glad things have worked out for you. [:

PostPosted: Thu Apr 02, 2009 6:07 pm
looks like you don't need anymore advice then?  

Lotus136

1,450 Points
  • Statustician 100
  • Window Shopper 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100

Sherri Black

PostPosted: Sun Apr 05, 2009 5:37 pm
Well, as of right now, I don't know. I might need help with some little things like... WHERE THE HECK ARE WE GOING TO GO? *sits*

I asked if we could hang out, but I don't know what to do or how to react if I should ask him out. I'm kind of nervous about it actually. Any ideas?

Halp?  
"ALI" Advice for Life Issues

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff