Reply "ALI" Advice for Life Issues
need advice on marriage

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

1Die Romantic

PostPosted: Wed Mar 18, 2009 7:15 pm
HI, I'm 18 and I'm getting married this summer and I'm scared. I don't know what to do...I think I'm having cold feet and I know I am really young to be getting married. Thats not the only problem, my soon to be husband is joining the army and I don't know if I can live my life as a military wife. His parents know about us getting married but my parents don't. I feel like If I told them I would be disappointing them because they think I have a bright future ahead of me. I'm still going to go to college. I don't know what to do I just need someone to talk to...None of my friends know....I wanted so many things for my future but everything seemed to have brought me down like I really wanted to get into an amazing college out of my state but it's to expensive my financial aid barely covers the college I'm going to attend and I haven't received notice of any scholarships,,,,I don't know what I am going to do for the rest of my life....I just need to know I'm not making a mistake....  
PostPosted: Thu Mar 19, 2009 3:43 pm
Well, you're awfully young to be tied down to marriage... I say you should wait a few years, because you're still growing up. I'm not saying to never get married, but wait and make sure that this person is the one. You can always postpone the marriage. It doesn't matter when you get married, as long as it's to a person you love and you're ready for it.
You should also probably wait until you finish school and have a good job that'll cover your life costs before you get married, make sure that you're financially okay for marriage, and that you won't struggle to make ends meet, and that, when your husband is away for army business, you'll be able to handle yourself without him there.
Definitely talk to your parents, also. I'm sure that you won't disappoint them by telling them your plans, but they'll offer better guidance than I can.

PelicanBlack

Dapper Prophet

Arieknight

PostPosted: Fri Mar 20, 2009 9:32 am
I have to agree with social...I think its important to wait for the right time for marriage...and if he loves you like he says then he will wait also. heart  
PostPosted: Mon Mar 23, 2009 8:57 pm
I've been in your exact situation. Except I was 19 and already had a year of University and my guy had joined the Army right as I went into University.

Listen, if you're ready to be married everything will be fine. But, if you're not theres not reason not to wait for a little bit. My husband and I have been together since we were kids, I'm talkin' 11 and 12. We knew we were ready. But it doesn't sound like you are.

You should talk to your parents and tell them your plans. They may not be pleased but, they'll more than likely stick by you and be more than willing to give you advice.

If you need to talk just pm me sometime. I'd be glad to give you any advice or just be there to talk to.  

-old cupcake-

Sparkly Darling

"ALI" Advice for Life Issues

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces