Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Meh.
  free gold
View Results

The P e r m a B a n

PostPosted: Thu Mar 19, 2009 10:12 pm
With drinking .

I literally drink every night of the week.

I don't get drunk most nights or anything, but I feel like I absolutely cannot function without having atleast 2 strong drinks a night.

Its 12:45 on a thursday night and i've had some screwdrivers, pucker, and gin.

There have been mornings where i'm still wasted when i'm waking up and getting ready for school.
HGalf of the time I don't even get sleep before school, just a week or so ago I was up for 92 hours straight.
The day after superbowl sunday I passed out in the shower and busted my head open because I was still drunk

-sighs-
I can't tell my grandparents, obviously. (who I live with)
My step-mom lets me drink when I go down and visit her, so that doesn't really help me much.
All my friends get wasted on a weekly basis.

I don't drive or anything so I don't know where to start.
Im only a junior in high school but i've been drinking for years ( I started out when my sister did, and she's 5 years older. so I was probably 11 or younger when I had my first drink)

-shrugs-
Not sure what i'm looking for here, but I just thought it'd be nice to write it out somewhere

PostPosted: Fri Mar 20, 2009 5:52 pm
well, looks like you have some serious drinking problems. and i think that you should stop like noww! because drinking is very very bad for you, and if you dont stop now, then you'll regret later.
i know that quiting isn't easy, but you've got to try. if you can't control your self, then try to goto a concellor or something, and talk to them about your problems, im sure that they'll come up with something hopeful. you also need to get self control, and see if you can stop your self from drinking. remember, everything's possible, so don't loose hope yet, you just have to settle down and concentrate =D

flavored pencils

minus infinity

Fluffy Fatcat

PostPosted: Fri Mar 20, 2009 7:21 pm
Distancing yourself from other people who drink is a good idea, because or else its harder to resist drinking. Its really good that you've realized you have a drinking problem, and for a lot of people thats actually the hardest part !
Maybe you can just hang out with your friends, say, at an amusement park instead of a place where theres other people drinking, so once again, it won't be tempting to drink, and don't drink at your stepmother's, because it feeds the habit even more (fuel to the fire, ect ect)

and of course, tell your grandparents ! Sure, it might be hard, but they care about you, and they'll probably have the best solutions, since they know more about you than any of us do.
When you talk to them about it, its better to say it to both of them at the same time (as in like sitting them down and talking to them, I guess) because it helps a lot.
Best of luck, hope I helped. [:

PostPosted: Sat Mar 21, 2009 10:09 am
@ Flavored - : It would be nice if life was only that easy. -shrugs - I control the rest of my life, my grades, my eating habits, even people. Drinking is just so nice, it lets me loose a bit of control.

@ Minus - See, I have, but the problem remains that I have very, very easy access to alcohol because there is an entire cabinet downstairs that noone has looked at in years full of it.
I usually drink late at night by myself, more so when something bad has happened that day, I have alot of homework, or the end of the grading period is near and I need a quick fix to my grades.

.. My grandparents don't care about me, if I get caught doing anything they'll kick me out. I got placed here, it wasn't a decision I got to make. I really don't have any other place to go so i'm sorta stuck.

The P e r m a B a n

Ciokon

Blessed Capitalist

9,650 Points
  • Cats vs Dogs 100
  • Invisibility 100
  • Junior Trader 100
PostPosted: Sat Mar 21, 2009 1:03 pm
It's going to be hard to get rid of an alcohol addiction, and it only gets harder the older you get, so you should start changing your drinking habits now.
You're actually already on the road to success because you realize that you have a drinking problem, and not denying it like some many others are doing.
Try to get rid of your cravings by doing something else when you have the urge to drink. Like take a cold shower or running around the block, just something. Or even get help from third parties like the AA.
Getting support from your family is very important process because you know that someone is there with you and supporting you every step of the way. It's much better than battling it out by yourself, trust me. So go ahead and tell you family about this problem and your will to change it.
I think it's great that you've already realized the problem, and now all you have to do is fight it out!  
"ALI" Advice for Life Issues

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games