Welcome to Gaia! ::

Why Not?

Back to Guilds

No rules, just Fun! Join today. 

Tags: Roleplaying, Polls, Spam 

Reply "ALI" Advice for Life Issues
Why is it so hard to be the nice one these days, huh?

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

intoxicatingDestruction

PostPosted: Fri Mar 20, 2009 5:39 pm
So maybe a year or two ago I used to be a jerk. I would get mad at everything and everyone just for kicks right. But now I am like an angel (not kidding I am pretty freaking nice. ask my friends and such) So my job in my "group" is to be the psychologist, I fix the fights, arguments, and anything like that. But you know what ticks me off, when people fight over noting. They just start yelling because the other girl "looked at me meanly" What the freak is that! So now two of my friends are fighting and I really want to help, but it is such crap.

Anyway I really don't get it, I want to know is it really that hard to let someone help you without saying she is a freak and a nosy jerk! Honestly it's my job top help people. They know that too! So what do I do? It's not like I can ask to help them because I am a ghost at my school anyway. The only thing people notice is wen I am sick because I always ditch school apparently so they like to starts rumors about me and such. Whatever that is a different subject so forget that. Forget them! I can't stand when people treat others like trash. They don't even know they are doing it either do they..........I can't stand my home. We all suck don't we!  
PostPosted: Fri Mar 20, 2009 7:38 pm
People will always be a little over-the-top and sometimes, downright stupid during school, no matter what grade or level. Theres not really a way to help all of the angry people in the world, because a lot of people just don't want help. And even if they have problems, its hard for a lot of people to admit that - even to themselves. Like you said in the beginning, maybe some people get angry and get an attitude just to make others angry - because they don't know any better, usually, and its best to ignore those people until they come to their senses.

As for your friends, yes, the job of peacemaker is a tough one. (I'm "The peacemaker" in my family) When you feel anger bubbling up, change the subject to something else and have the people who were fighting talk to each other. If you talk to one of the two, the other will probably think you're favoring the other, which is never good, and most of the time not true in the first place.
When you hang out with your friends, find common ground between everybody and include everybody - because isolation can be a trigger for anger or anxiety. But don't feel like the weight is on your shoulders, tell your friends too. Tell them you don't like it when they fight, and maybe they'll understand. The best way to say that is by using "I" statements, such as "I get upset when you fight, I don't want you to fight / I want to stay friends" and so it helps the others see your point of view and reach a compromise. Your friends can help you, thats what friends are for. They'll stay with you.

Best of luck, hope I helped. [:

minus infinity

Fluffy Fatcat

intoxicatingDestruction

PostPosted: Sat Mar 21, 2009 10:29 am
I have actually tried all of that. They won't listen to me at all. Like I said I am basically a ghost at my class. My teachers don't even see me sometimes.....
Whatever I guess. If my friends want to claw at each others necks all day then let them, but I am not cleaning up for my group anymore. Not when i am usually treated like dirt or worse.  
PostPosted: Sat Mar 21, 2009 10:38 am
Flex_Jess
I have actually tried all of that. They won't listen to me at all. Like I said I am basically a ghost at my class. My teachers don't even see me sometimes.....
Whatever I guess. If my friends want to claw at each others necks all day then let them, but I am not cleaning up for my group anymore. Not when i am usually treated like dirt or worse.

Yeah, if your friends are treating you like trash, then you should start talking to other people because obviously you're the only one thats trying to keep your group together. Talking to others will probably help you a lot.

minus infinity

Fluffy Fatcat

intoxicatingDestruction

PostPosted: Sat Mar 21, 2009 1:04 pm
I don't really like the other people in my class either. Girls too shopaholic and girly. Boys.....too really annoying and assume everyone loves them. I hate all of them so. I like my friends, but sometimes to look cool they don't act like my friends at school. I know my one friend has reason, she has a though situation going on. Both my best friends have messed up family things most times. But I hate how no one thinks I have feelings towards all of this. I am just a doll or something.  
PostPosted: Mon Mar 30, 2009 10:48 am
Freind. That word means so little these days. Used everywere. Overused even.

I walk my block, they call me freind, I do not know them, They do not help me, we do not even speak? Are they my freind? How would I know? I feel no such connection yet still, these people call me freind.

I get online I sign on MSN. It says their freinds. I have not met them, they do not help me, I do not help them. Are they my freind? How would I know? I feel no such connection yet still, these people are listed as my freinds.

I walk the hallways of my school, I see those crocodile smiles. They are my freinds. I know they hate me, I do not help them, they wisper about me and I always hear. Are they my freind? How should I know?

A wise man, now deceased, told me that if I was ever gonna grow up. If I was ever gonna be an adult, I was gonna have to learn what freind meant.

A freind doesn't talk trash to you. A freind never puts you down. A freind worries when you miss lunch. A freind comes to find you when you are late for school. A freind never wispers, never mutters, never thinks about your flaws.

A freind is a person who honestly gives a sh** and has accepted you as someone they trust. When the world ends, you are one of the people this person would want to be standing there with. If they are your freind, you share that exact same feeling.

A freind is truly not far from a lover in the way it works, althought the feelings for a lover are almost a hundred times as intense.

If you say freind, thhen say they treat you like trash, then that is because they are not your freinds. Freinds don't do that. Ever, no exceptions.

I suggest you find more people, maybe even people you wouldn't normally hang out with. Go out and live a little. I used to be nothing but a gamer guy, sitting with a soda and a controller.

Now I practice Free running and swordplay with freinds. I study constantly on my own about old myths and legends and I write everything from petty anime fanfiction to full blown novels.  

newtypephynix

Dread_Detective

3,100 Points
  • Friendly 100
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
PostPosted: Thu Apr 02, 2009 8:20 am
I have the same issue of being nice to everyone even the people I do not like in the slightest. What you just described these people as are not friends if they start rumors about you that are damaging they are not your friends. So, to put it simply stop hanging out with them, ignore them and associate yourself with better people.  
PostPosted: Sat Apr 04, 2009 12:52 pm
Well, that is all very true. Two of my Friends truly are my friends though. We stick with each other when times are tough. I guess I am just easy to talk with, because I have no rue enemies.  

intoxicatingDestruction

"ALI" Advice for Life Issues

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff