Welcome to Gaia! ::

Why Not?

Back to Guilds

No rules, just Fun! Join today. 

Tags: Roleplaying, Polls, Spam 

Reply "IDT" Intelligent Discussion Threads!
orientation..... Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

MenDia

PostPosted: Fri Mar 27, 2009 10:09 am
orientation has been a hot button among people in my community for a while now, and i would like a perspective on a wider range. All who feel comfortable with discussing this topic, i would like to know your oreintation, and your feelings on other orientations.  
PostPosted: Fri Mar 27, 2009 4:02 pm
Do you mean sexual orientation?

If so...

Well, I'm straight. I can appreciate if a female is hot. I can be attracted to a girl. But anything beyond that... anything really sexual... just doesn't work. It weirds me out. Not because it's "wrong" or anything. I can't really explain it.

I have no problems with people's sexual orientation. I have tons of friends who are gay or bisexual. I find nothing wrong with it. As long as a person is happy, why should it matter?  

Deppfan

Ms Jenna_ Lee

3,000 Points
  • Market Browser 100
  • Hygienic 200
  • Consumer 100
PostPosted: Fri Mar 27, 2009 7:01 pm
im bi and i dont mind that i am..ive even been told im lucky cause im not picky -shrugs- but anyways yah appreication comes into the mix when a straight girl or boy can say that another straight/bi/gay guy or girl is hot or if theyre straight and such...it just comes as what kind of gender or genders you would be attracted to and why..and i think it has something to do with what you do sexfully with them as well..cause sure you can appreciate them and their hotness but if you do something with them..you can change your orientation if you feel you enjoyed what you did...and me i dont have a problem with it..its who you are and who your attracted to..love works in mysterious ways on the heart...so it shouldnt be that big of a deal if a person is straight,bi,lesbain or gay cause its who they are and if people dont like it then its their problem..  
PostPosted: Tue Mar 31, 2009 7:11 pm
I'm going to be the p***k that says "I'm not going to classify myself". I love who I love and make no appologies for it.

With that being said..
I am a female, and yes, I've had relationships with both men and women. I personally hate people who say "love is blind" but won't accept that blind means love can be with a man or a woman. I think that men and women bring different qualities of love to a relationship, and that people who choose one over the other are missing out on something potentially beautiful, be it gay or straight.

Love to you either way though, I couldn't care if you got your rocks off by humping a washing machine. whee  

JuilianFai

Deppfan

PostPosted: Fri Apr 03, 2009 1:21 am
JuilianFai
I'm going to be the p***k that says "I'm not going to classify myself". I love who I love and make no appologies for it.

With that being said..
I am a female, and yes, I've had relationships with both men and women. I personally hate people who say "love is blind" but won't accept that blind means love can be with a man or a woman. I think that men and women bring different qualities of love to a relationship, and that people who choose one over the other are missing out on something potentially beautiful, be it gay or straight.

Love to you either way though, I couldn't care if you got your rocks off by humping a washing machine. whee

What about shower heads?

ninja  
PostPosted: Fri Apr 03, 2009 2:29 pm
Deppfan Teague
What about shower heads?

Still love you.
.........especially since I personally KNOW people who dish out a lot of money for the good shower heads dramallama lolololol  

JuilianFai

Deppfan

PostPosted: Sat Apr 04, 2009 12:10 am
JuilianFai
Deppfan Teague
What about shower heads?

Still love you.
.........especially since I personally KNOW people who dish out a lot of money for the good shower heads dramallama lolololol

It can be a girl's best friend when you're away from your guy for quite a while.  
PostPosted: Thu Apr 16, 2009 9:43 pm
I don't personally care what your orientation is. I'm female and am friends with all sorts (bi, lesbian, gay). I'm deffinatly straight, I can say that with certianty after the lesbian experiences I had in college (I really just wanted to rule out any possiblties before I tied the knot). I still appreciate a hot woman when I see one, the same way I appreciate a hot man. I think it;'s just something that you're born with. Scientific studies have shown that gay men have more female brains. I've not kept up with it but I'm sure that it would be true vice-versa. I feel that you should be who you are and love who you love, no matter if it's someone of the same sex or not. What's right for you is right for you. I have had two true loves in my life, one man and one woman. I really had to step back for a few months and consider which path I would take. I chose what was best for me, it just happened to be the man. But to be honest I still wonder about how my life would've turned out had I chosen the other, but I know I loved him more. I still miss her and I'm sure I always will in some ways. I'll always miss the way things weren't just a sexual experience with her, but how we seemed to connect on a more spiritual level. Not to say that I don't also connect with my husband on a spiritual level, it's just different between the sexes. Women are more open and more readily accepting of some things than men. But I am content with the choices I have made. While I envy and idealize her nomadic lifestyle I know that I really wanted to settle down and have a family that was solid and not transient. We do still keep in touch and I promised her that should anything ever drastic happen I will be with her and I still feel as though I would uphold that promise. There are times when I realize that these three years of marriage have changed me and I do get scared that she would no longer accept me. I'm no longer as wild as I was when we were together and I don't think I would indulge in the whims of her addictions. It doesn make me a little sad though. I know I made the choice, and I stand by it, but I think she would forever hold it against me that I made the choice I made. I guess in the end I do truly believe that love is blind and that true love is a love affair of the soul, not the body. That being said, I don't think we can help who we love. We simply love those who would understand us and our most basic needs be they of the same or opposite sex. I say love who you love no matter the sex or price. I was very lucky to have had two loves, and that they both understood enough to wait for my choice and to be understanding about it, but not everyone is that lucky. I think that you should love whom ever you deem worthy of your love no matter the sex they happen to be. If you find someone that you can spend forever with and still love at the end of it all jump on it, it's a rare and beutiful thing and you shouldn't let it pass you by because society or religion or whatever tells you it's not right. It is right. Love is always right. If you truely love someone it's not going to matter if they're a man or a woman, it's only going to matter that they love you back and it is an unconditional love. In the end all that's really going to matter is that someone treasured you and treated you with respect and loved you more than the air they breathed. Who are we to tell you who to love? No one can telll you who to love but yourself, and who are we to judge if you follow your heart? I say goood for you, follow your heart and love who you love no matter what anyone says.  

unrequietedCat

Sullen Couch

PostPosted: Fri Apr 17, 2009 2:23 pm
A person's sexual oreintation is hardly important.
I'm slightly bisexual, but mainly straight.
The reason I say 'Slightly Bisexual' is because, if you add Johnny Depp into the equation, no guy is completely straight anymore.  
PostPosted: Sun Apr 19, 2009 10:29 pm
Sullen Horror
The reason I say 'Slightly Bisexual' is because, if you add Johnny Depp into the equation, no guy is completely straight anymore.

rofl Too true!

My guy and I have a running joke that he will have Depp's manbabies, but I must have Maynard Keegan's babies. I don't see how it's fair though... considering we'd be having each other's favorite celeb's babies. confused  

Deppfan

killerclownmeat

6,400 Points
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Sausage Fest 200
PostPosted: Thu Apr 23, 2009 4:20 pm
Ya know, if you go into detail about what orientation......You'd get alot more replys  
PostPosted: Thu Apr 23, 2009 4:21 pm
Sullen Horror

LMAO your 200000000000000% correct!  

killerclownmeat

6,400 Points
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Sausage Fest 200

Kachan36

PostPosted: Sat Apr 25, 2009 7:38 pm
Most of the time I'm vertical, but when I sleep I like to be horizontal.

Oh, that's not what you meant, was it.  
PostPosted: Fri May 08, 2009 4:34 pm
As long as people are happy, why should it bother me?  

Sprockette

Master Azrael Reaper

PostPosted: Mon May 11, 2009 12:28 pm
Here is one of my basic ideals i go by in life:

"If it doesnt affect myself or anyone close to me in a negative way, then its none of my business."'

In terms of this issue:
does someone else being gay affect me or those close to me in a negative way?
no.
therefore, I've no reason to be against it.

Has others being gay ever really hurt you negatively? I can geruntee thats a "no". So quit worrying about it and move on with life.

"gay isnt any good because they can not produce children". Take a good look at all the teen parents, foster children, and adoptive children out there. Not to mention we are overpopulated as it is. How can you say for sure that the modern spike in gayness is not gods way of thinning down the overpopulated masses? its a possibility. Worry about things that matter before you go gay bashing.  
"IDT" Intelligent Discussion Threads!

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff