Good News Pokemon Platinum IV Breeders

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Nadian
Crew

PostPosted: Wed Apr 15, 2009 6:26 am
From my Pokemon Platinum strategy guide, it looks like there is an IV checker in the Sinnoh Battle Frontier. This should give you an excellent alternative if you don't have the hardware necessary to do an IV-checking Wi-Fi battle. blaugh  
PostPosted: Wed Apr 15, 2009 10:30 am
Nice i havent read the guide fully yet hehe  

Goddess Lia

Im_a_talking_Dog

6,600 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Tooth Fairy 100
PostPosted: Wed Apr 15, 2009 6:20 pm
Also noteworthy is that a man in Veilstone City in the Game Corner Prize building will tell you what your pokemon's Hidden Power's type would be if it learned it but not the attack power of it.

I believe a pokemons IV's have to do with the outcome of it's hidden power right?
Thought I'd mention it. 3nodding  
PostPosted: Wed Apr 15, 2009 6:31 pm
Daltoad
Also noteworthy is that a man in Veilstone City in the Game Corner Prize building will tell you what your pokemon's Hidden Power's type would be if it learned it but not the attack power of it.

I believe a pokemons IV's have to do with the outcome of it's hidden power right?

Yes, Hidden Power's type and power are both determined by IVs. I don't know if any IV calculators allow you to take that into account, though.  

Nadian
Crew

wellwisher
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Wed Apr 15, 2009 6:39 pm
Nadian
Daltoad

Yes, Hidden Power's type and power are both determined by IVs. I don't know if any IV calculators allow you to take that into account, though.

If you download this, it's got pokemon, EV, IV, nature, stats.
It'll also show you the type of Hidden power your pokemon has.

Er, the site seems to be down currently... but, I do have a stat calculator that tells the Hidden power based on the IV points.  
PostPosted: Wed Apr 15, 2009 6:40 pm
Nadian
Daltoad

I think Seribii's (Serebii?) IV calculator will tell you the hidden power.. I haven't tried it for myself since I don't exactly know the EV's of my pokemon.  

Im_a_talking_Dog

6,600 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Tooth Fairy 100

wellwisher
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Wed Apr 15, 2009 6:43 pm
I was going to give the Marriland one, but, that one should work as well.

You'd be starting over if you were calculating the EV points. you really have to know both the EV and IV points to know what your pokemon was. I know some guy who can calculate it if he knows the EV/IV and the pokemons nature, type, (when it evolved) and it's level. Er, that is he can calculate the remaining IV/EV points (for EV in groups of four, so extra he doesn't calculate, and for IV he ballparks with up to a +2/-2 variant)  
PostPosted: Wed Apr 15, 2009 7:01 pm
Daltoad
Nadian
Daltoad

I think Seribii's (Serebii?) IV calculator will tell you the hidden power.. I haven't tried it for myself since I don't exactly know the EV's of my pokemon.

You interpreted what I said backwards. I was saying that I know of no IV calculator that can use a pokemon's Hidden Power type to help figure out the IVs. Try this entering these values into the calculator (quick link)

Bulbasaur
Adamant
Level 50
Stats 120 75 69 76 85 65

Now, "Calculate IVs". It'll give you all 30s, but with 50% accuracy for each one meaning any of them could be 31s.

Next, if I told you Hidden Power's type was BUG, you can actually narrow some of those down!

1 1 1 1 0 0
0 1 1 1 0 0
1 0 1 1 0 0

That means we now know four of the IVs for sure!

HP: 30 or 31
Attack; 30 or 31
Defense: 31
Special Attack: 31
Special Defense: 30
Speed: 30

(In fact, the IVs I chose for this example were 31, 30, 31, 31, 30, 30.)

The reason this can be most useful is when you're soft resetting. Normally, the pokemon is Level 50, just like this Bulbasaur, and you can't do any IV checking that requires you to save (without completely destroying your ability to soft reset.)  

Nadian
Crew

"PPP" Peoples' Pokemon Place

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces