Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

What should I do?
  tell him
  dont tell him
View Results

fefa93

PostPosted: Sun Apr 19, 2009 2:46 am
Okay, ummmmm. I have a crush on my best friend that I've known since sixth grade but up until almost 2 years ago we've been mortal enemies. But when we started to become friends we got to know each other better and see how much in common we have and we turned out to be great friends. But last summer he moved to New York because of complications with his father ='[

So a month or 2 after summer vacation, he started to invade my mind for some reason. He was all I thought about. I wanted to talk to him real bad. And I remembered that he and his other friend kept talking about myspace during math class because he loves to see me get annoyed because he knows i hate it when people talk about things i dont know about and try to get me into the conversation [which i do to him too >3]. So I asked my other best friend to make me a myspace, so which she did........ if I made her one of my homemade smootie concoction with a side of my junk foodie mini sandwich [i dont mean to brag but it is awesome!!! XD]

So after she made me one, my best friend/crush started to talk alot somewhere around new year. We talked on myspace, then on aim, then we texted each other almost every day and/or night, then we talked on the phone until 12-2 o'clock in the morning [the texting & talking on the phone part 'cause that's how we always end our nights]. So we caught up & talked about everything. And I dont mean everything like what happened while we weren't talking or how are day was [although we do do that] but I meant we told each other are most deepest darkest secrets & what's going on on our head without limitation, censorship, or beating around the bush on what we had to say.

But one of the things we've both told each other was that we're both bi. Then a little while after that he told me he was bi, he told me that he has a boyfriend. The way he talks about him sounds like really likes him. But now they're having difficulties because gets crushes from alot of people. And now there's a girl stalking him & he's trying to keep his relationship on the DL, so basically she's ruining their relationship without her even being aware of it =/

OMG! I am such a rambler XD Anyways, lets get on with the show. He's a sophmore & his bf is a senior and they dont know what to do when he graduates because he's going to college and my crush is coming down to miami this summer to come visit everybody so they'll be separated for 2 1/2 months. He told me that he's thinking about breaking up with him later. But even if he says he does that and if he says he likes me, it'll just last for 2 1/2 months then he'll fly back to New York. Would it even be worth it for just a short amount of time? And the thing that im worried about is that if we do get together, would we do the long distance relationship thing, break up and never talk again, or break up and just be friends. But the thing is [dun dun dun] should I even tell him? Because he said he joining the airforce [well, he already registered], and when he turns 18, he's leaving.
Should i just give up on this and save myself from being broken hearted or should just tell him? AAAAHHHHH!!!!!! I dont know what to do because it'll either make everything akward and I'll drift apart from the most genuine person I've ever met or maybe... just maybe, i'll fall in love.

ugh, i hate this >.<"

Oh, and sorry about the 5 million year-long story. i tend to ramble alot =]

PostPosted: Sun Apr 19, 2009 4:57 pm
Yay! I'm first to help! Let me just start by saying that I love hearing stories like this. I've seen a lot of this stuff happen to close friends.

OK... ok now for my advice. You never really now until you try so hen he goes there, tell him but explain to him everything like about how you feel about him going to the airforce, he might change his mind and you both can work something out. If you really like him, then it's worth it, even for just 2 1/2 months. Make the best out of that time together. When the time comes, talk to him and see if there's anything you can do about the long distance thing. Who knows, maybe things will magically fall into place. If they don't and if neither of you think the long distance thing will work out, then try to still stay in touch, be friends and just try and talk to eachother like you used to. Believe me, nothing hurts more then ending a good friendship in a bad way. I personally, had something like happen to me, and it worked out for the most part but then she got angry at me and completly erased me from her life. Blocked me in every way possible. This was almost a year ago and I still think of her, dream of her, and wonder how things would have been. I miss her so, even if you need to end it, do it a good way, and if it's what you want, try to continue to be friends, you never know when you might just see eachother again and all those feelings might just pop back up again.

I really hope this helps. I wish you luck.

Gabriel55

fefa93

PostPosted: Sun Apr 19, 2009 7:19 pm
lol thanks, im just glad somebody answered.

Dangit, you're right. but im just scared for my life because almost everytime I told a guy I liked him he says no, so im kinda used to them saying no but with him, I'm terrified to tell him. I dont want to end my friendship with him [whether its on good terms or bad]. I'd rather keep it a secret and be friends than risk ending our friendship [even if it'll end on good terms].

But I suppose I can give it a shot. omg, i can imagine it now. My heart racing, my head getting dizzy [i get stressed out when i tell someone i like them], being clumsier than ever [that never happened while confessing to a crush but i bet it'll happen, lol], extreme stuttering.
ugh, so embarassing -.-"
lol

oh, and i know for sure he's not gonna bail out on the whole airforce thing because.....
1.) he already joined it so he cant bail out no unless he goes to a different country
2.) he needs to go there so he can go to college

I told him about a site i know for scholarships but i guess i told him too late =/

PostPosted: Mon Apr 20, 2009 7:11 pm
Gabriel55
Yay! I'm first to help! Let me just start by saying that I love hearing stories like this. I've seen a lot of this stuff happen to close friends.

OK... ok now for my advice. You never really now until you try so hen he goes there, tell him but explain to him everything like about how you feel about him going to the airforce, he might change his mind and you both can work something out. If you really like him, then it's worth it, even for just 2 1/2 months. Make the best out of that time together. When the time comes, talk to him and see if there's anything you can do about the long distance thing. Who knows, maybe things will magically fall into place. If they don't and if neither of you think the long distance thing will work out, then try to still stay in touch, be friends and just try and talk to eachother like you used to. Believe me, nothing hurts more then ending a good friendship in a bad way. I personally, had something like happen to me, and it worked out for the most part but then she got angry at me and completly erased me from her life. Blocked me in every way possible. This was almost a year ago and I still think of her, dream of her, and wonder how things would have been. I miss her so, even if you need to end it, do it a good way, and if it's what you want, try to continue to be friends, you never know when you might just see eachother again and all those feelings might just pop back up again.

I really hope this helps. I wish you luck.

I completely agree, and I'll add a little more:

Just try to keep in touch as much as possible. You two seem really close, it would be a real bummer to lose contact with this guy.
I'll probably say you shouldn't tell him how you feel, since he has the boyfriend and a stalker, so maybe he has a lot on his plate right now.

Sorry about the airforce thing. I can only imagine how much that must suck. >< As a repition, is there a way to contact people in / on the air force? Maybe that would be cool. [:

Best of luck, hope I helped !!

minus infinity

Fluffy Fatcat

fefa93

PostPosted: Wed Apr 22, 2009 6:38 pm
minus infinity

I completely agree, and I'll add a little more:

Just try to keep in touch as much as possible. You two seem really close, it would be a real bummer to lose contact with this guy.
I'll probably say you shouldn't tell him how you feel, since he has the boyfriend and a stalker, so maybe he has a lot on his plate right now.

Sorry about the airforce thing. I can only imagine how much that must suck. >< As a repition, is there a way to contact people in / on the air force? Maybe that would be cool. [:

Best of luck, hope I helped !!

Well if I were to tell if that I like him, I would tell him when i see him during the summer [which is in 2 months], so his stalker predicament would most likely be gone. But in the meantime, I'll cross my fingers and pray.

Ummmmm, I think people can contact someone in the airforce but I'm not really sure =/

PostPosted: Wed May 27, 2009 4:03 pm
Sorry if this is too late, but..
If he HAS broken up with his boyfriend, then yes, tell him how you feel. However, if he is still together with him, then you should not tell him - it will add to his stress whether or not he likes you back.
What is wrong with dating someone for only two and a half months? You said that you are a sophmore in high school? You shouldn't expect marriage or a long-term relationship at this time. Just have fun with it and enjoy the time you have together. It won't hurt to date someone for a short period of time, if anything, it will teach you how to deal with more serious relationships later on.
About losing a friendship? If you keep in touch after he moves back to New York, then you will stay close no matter what. And if he decides that it is too awkward to remain friends after you tell him how you feel? He was never a friend to begin with. I've been rejected by friends before, and the good ones have stayed just as close as ever with not much awkwardness at all.  

Naoko_Mei

freddyfrito

PostPosted: Fri Jun 05, 2009 1:13 pm
TELL HIM.
or you'll regret it.

wow my advice was short.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 27, 2009 12:18 am
Naoko_Mei
Sorry if this is too late, but..
If he HAS broken up with his boyfriend, then yes, tell him how you feel. However, if he is still together with him, then you should not tell him - it will add to his stress whether or not he likes you back.
What is wrong with dating someone for only two and a half months? You said that you are a sophmore in high school? You shouldn't expect marriage or a long-term relationship at this time. Just have fun with it and enjoy the time you have together. It won't hurt to date someone for a short period of time, if anything, it will teach you how to deal with more serious relationships later on.
About losing a friendship? If you keep in touch after he moves back to New York, then you will stay close no matter what. And if he decides that it is too awkward to remain friends after you tell him how you feel? He was never a friend to begin with. I've been rejected by friends before, and the good ones have stayed just as close as ever with not much awkwardness at all.

*sigh*
You're right
[& he broke up with his boyfriend btw but I dunno if the stalker proble is resolved =/]
lol, this reminds me of the time I told one of my really good friends I liked him a long time ago.
He didn't like me [because he's gay], but we got closer to each other.
He's cool =]
Damn..... I just noticed..... I have a thing for bi/gay guys
[I've never noticed that before]
This is a problem
-.-"

fefa93

fefa93

PostPosted: Sat Jun 27, 2009 12:19 am
freddyfrito
TELL HIM.
or you'll regret it.

wow my advice was short.

Yes it is.
hmmmm........ but I think I'll tell him.

"ALI" Advice for Life Issues

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games