Reply "ALI" Advice for Life Issues
What do you think?

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

hunn-E-bee

PostPosted: Thu Apr 30, 2009 12:05 pm
I recently had to borrow money off of my mom, and I had just finished paying her back about 2 days ago. I had 2 months to pay her back, and she took my new Ipod that I got for christmas and she said "if you dont pay me back in 2 months, I am keeping this". So it took a while for me to pay her back because I am a full time student, and I dont get very many shifts, but I managed to pay her back in the time frame she had given me. So this afternoon I went into her room to get my Ipod, and I look at it and there is a HUGE crack right in the middle of the screen. I was REALLY angry so I call my mom at work and ask her if she knew what happened, and she told me that it wasn't her. I said "okay",but when I gave it to you to hold onto that crack wasn't there. She FLIPPED at me and said that I was blaming her for breaking it, even though I asked her if she knew what happened to it. She said that saying "when I gave it to you to hold onto the crack wasn't there" meant that I was blaming her for doing it, and she freaked out at me. She took what I said completley out of context, and told me I better be out of the house befor she gets home because I am "blaming" her for things. What a piss off, I didn't blame her for anything sad  
PostPosted: Fri May 01, 2009 3:35 pm
Well, your mom obviously over-reacted. Heck, its your iPod, I would be pretty angry too. Maybe when she gets back from work, you can calmly explain to her that you were not blaming her. (Being calm is actually really important - it helps to use "I" statements, which are "I was really upset when I saw the broken iPod" and so it helps the other person better understand your point of view.)

Best of luck, hope I helped !!

minus infinity

Fluffy Fatcat

hunn-E-bee

PostPosted: Fri May 01, 2009 4:21 pm
Thank you for the reply, it really did help. I did what you said and I just explianed to her that I wasn't blaming her, but that I was just upset because I didn't understand what happened.
smile
Thanks a lot.  
PostPosted: Sat May 02, 2009 12:48 pm
No problem, glad to help !! [:

minus infinity

Fluffy Fatcat

"ALI" Advice for Life Issues

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items