Welcome to Gaia! ::

Why Not?

Back to Guilds

No rules, just Fun! Join today. 

Tags: Roleplaying, Polls, Spam 

Reply "IDT" Intelligent Discussion Threads!
No Manners!

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

hunn-E-bee

PostPosted: Fri May 01, 2009 4:41 pm
Why is it that you can be the nicest person in the world, and still get s**t on. Being a good person does not get you anywhere these days, and it really makes me sad. All these kids with no manners, not even a simple "thank you". People these days are so ruthless, and could give a s**t less about others feelings, or thoughts. Fighting is becomming more common amoung younger people, and people are just simply RUDE. Your friends stab you in the back, your family will sometimes do the same. We cant even trust those people who are suppose to be the ones we can count on, and the ones who are suppose to care for us. It just really makes me sad the society today is so mean, its like no one cares anymore. Its like one big fight, and of course it is just getting worse. I dont know who else out there sees this too, but I see it all the time?  
PostPosted: Sun May 03, 2009 4:04 pm
Take a stand about it then. Make people say their p's and q's by guilt tripping them into it. "You forgot to say something," or whatever.
I see it too, I just choose to be silent because I'm too awkward in my choice of words and therefore am not listened to anyway.

Living for the only thing I know,
I'm running and not quite sure where to go,
And I don't know what I'm diving into,
Just hanging by a moment here with you!

User Image

Kamira Erythren

Devoted Defender

11,000 Points
  • Battle Hardened 150
  • Survivor 150
  • Brandisher 100

roni_ruin

PostPosted: Thu May 07, 2009 1:53 pm
i work in a bar, which of course means with the public, day and night. It really annoys me when people are just like "pint of lager." I'm a really snappy person, i shouldn't work with the public at all, but i'm always just like "please and thank you's don't take much". It usually works. I think there's no excuse for rudeness, people should treat others how they want to be treated, but they don't always see it that way.

And the fighting? I see it firsthand every weekend unfortunately. I think kids just get things too easy these days.

PostPosted: Thu May 07, 2009 6:49 pm
I'm going to insult someone, I'll outright do it.
I attempt to be polite, but that usually translates as me rarely talking.  

Sullen Couch

Master Azrael Reaper

PostPosted: Thu May 07, 2009 11:08 pm
oh, dont i know it!!!! I work at the local wal mart, so you can only imagine the lack of etiquette I recieve. I am fixing u stuff on shelves, maybe a tight space between me and my cart, so wha do they do? one of 3 things usually:
1) move my cart far off down the aisle so they can get behind me.
2) shove behind me.
3) say excuse me as they are still shoving behind/at me, nearly hitting me every time.

especially they fat ppl in the riding scooters. they think they are special cause they are in the scooters. Aint my fault you are too fat to walk around wal mart.

Complete lack of respect for the average employees at wal mart.  
PostPosted: Fri May 08, 2009 10:30 pm
hunn-E-bee
Why is it that you can be the nicest person in the world, and still get s**t on. Being a good person does not get you anywhere these days, and it really makes me sad. All these kids with no manners, not even a simple "thank you". People these days are so ruthless, and could give a s**t less about others feelings, or thoughts. Fighting is becomming more common amoung younger people, and people are just simply RUDE. Your friends stab you in the back, your family will sometimes do the same. We cant even trust those people who are suppose to be the ones we can count on, and the ones who are suppose to care for us. It just really makes me sad the society today is so mean, its like no one cares anymore. Its like one big fight, and of course it is just getting worse. I dont know who else out there sees this too, but I see it all the time?

You either live in a ******** ghetto where everyone sucks, or you don't know how to find friends.
I've been all over the country as a military brat (About ten states I've lived in, so, eh) and I've found good, trustworthy people in all of them. And rarely had trouble with bullies, either. And I'm "weird". You just gotta talk right, because everyone can cool if you get them right. ;]  

Vakna

MadamBitchTits

Tipsy Receiver

PostPosted: Thu May 14, 2009 3:08 pm
yeah I know what you guys mean I've come across some rude as hell people. I lived in the USA until about a year ago then I moved to Mexico. The first time I went into the Soriana(Mexican Wall-Mart) some lady was parking her car on my effing foot and the only reason I didn't yell at her was because at the time I didn't speak Spanish. And I have gotten some dirty looks from some of the young girls man you wouldn't believe!  
PostPosted: Sun Jun 14, 2009 6:39 am
while it is true that most people have already made up their minds to be rude, it is also true that with a simple reminder they can go back to doing something for others. it's all in given expectations, if you expect people to catch you doing something wrong, you won't. take police for example if you see them on the side of the road you slow down, if they pull you over you act polite, etc. it's all a matter of expectations, let them know what's acceptable and for the most part they'll do the right thing.  

Britainian_Knight

xXx_takashi58_xXx

PostPosted: Thu Jun 18, 2009 10:39 am
I had to learn that being nice doesn't get you anywhere in life the hard way. I have been stepped all over for many years. Nobody even thanked me. That's why I'm an a*****e today, but not so much of one that everyone hate me.  
PostPosted: Fri Jul 24, 2009 3:53 pm
hunn-E-bee

This is a very interesting subject, i'll put in my opinion.
Firstly, your Mis-Use of the english language in itself is offensive
(i'm talking about the fowl language) however, i'm not here Critic you. i do have a point, and that is, what may seem perfectly acceptable to you, can be offensive to another, and vice versa. we are the products of our upbringing, it would take alot of work to change ourselves, work that most people are not willing to do for a stranger. however, there are those who are deliberately rude, for whatever reason. even if one person is willing to change others may not be, and that should be 'Vice Versa' when people hurt you, they take power over you, and when you refuse to 'move on' or you stay 'bitter', they keep that power. no matter what horrible experiences others have put you through, you shold always move on, it simply doesn't make since to let someone who's hurt you keep power over you, it is, how would you put it?, "Stupid."
the simple fact that this thred exists it proof that some people are tired of the blantant rudeness. so the question is, will you do something about it? i suppose, the only thing you can do it set an example, stand strong in your beliefs, and when someone takes power over you (hurts you) never let them keep it.
"Treat others the way you want to be treated" i feel the need to inform you that, there is no rule telling you that others should follow this rule, before you yourself participate.
The simple fact of the matter is, if you want a more 'polite' society, a more ideal world to live in, Everything starts with you. even if you don't get a immediate response, and i'm not saying you'll ever see solid results in your lifetime, but, it is a cause, and i dare say, one worth fighting for.  

Yuuki Aoyagi

xXx suicidal_skittles xXx

5,250 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Signature Look 250
  • Autobiographer 200
PostPosted: Wed Aug 12, 2009 9:20 pm
I know what you mean. Im 14 and I treat others the way I would want to be treated, eventhough half the time it hardly matters to anyone. I say "please and thankyou" but hardly ever get a "you're welcome" out of it. When I hold open doors for people, the only ones that say thank you are the older people. I dont get it. Whats wrong with saying "please and thank you"? Is it so bad to show some respect and thoughtfulness?  
"IDT" Intelligent Discussion Threads!

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games