Welcome to Gaia! ::

Why Not?

Back to Guilds

No rules, just Fun! Join today. 

Tags: Roleplaying, Polls, Spam 

Reply "PPP" Peoples' Pokemon Place
Piplup Opinions (For Hard Breeding Request T_T)

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Cnl Mustang

PostPosted: Fri May 15, 2009 7:48 am
Hiya!
I'm a Pokemon breeder amateur at best in my opinion and mostly specialize in battle Pokemon.

I've never bothered with Piplup rather than collecting it and shoving it into a box to complete dex.

Here's my dilemma.
A) Never played with it, I'm primarily fire if I do something for myself (or Skitty ^^;;;; wink .
B) .......The request is that it DOESN'T EVOLVE.

They don't want an evolved form they want just the starter Pokemon. So I'm looking for help/opinions on:

- Best EVs to train (as in does it work best with special attack or whathaveyou, should I get it more HP in the EV's and etcetera xD).
- Nature you think it'd work best with.

I'm not entirely without ideas on it or how to raise it ... I just.. wouldn't mind some extra input considering they don't want it evolving @_@.

Alright, thank you for taking the time to read my predicament, thank you in advance, and pleasant day!  
PostPosted: Fri May 15, 2009 9:50 am
Well, first you should know that Piplup oes evolve twice, so, it needs to evolve for your dex entry. So, if they don't want it to evolve, then that's their problem not yours.

Now, since you sound like you're making this for someone else. then, you just breed the nature and IV stats yourself, then leave the EV training to them. Empoleon is a defensive pokemon, so, you'll probably want decent defense, special attack, and if possible defense and speed as well.

http://www.smogon.com/dp/pokemon/empoleon

If this isn't for anyone else, and it is for you, then, it depends heavily on what your team already has. Empoleon can be ok as a sweeper, but his stats really look like a defensive pokemon. he also has a very wide and diverse set of moves that can be learned. Just, think about your actual team first, then figure out what the best strategy is for making your empoleon fit into your team.
Since you play battle teams you must know all about the fact that just stating one pokemon will make it imposible to figure out an appropriate version.  

wellwisher
Vice Captain

Cnl Mustang

PostPosted: Fri May 15, 2009 7:16 pm
Thank you wellwisher!
Yes indeed this is for someone else, I have no clue why the heck they'd just want the one starter and no evolution (What are you truly gonna do with a level 50+ starter at first evolution?).

Thank you again so much for letting me know about the pokemon, just reading stuff online I never fully believe it or trust when it was published so it's always nice to have some live thought on it.

Thank you again (and thank you for the link!) ^_^ you've helped me out greatly. heart  
PostPosted: Sat Jun 06, 2009 1:26 pm
boo  

never-had-a-life-

"PPP" Peoples' Pokemon Place

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas