Welcome to Gaia! ::

Why Not?

Back to Guilds

No rules, just Fun! Join today. 

Tags: Roleplaying, Polls, Spam 

Reply "IDT" Intelligent Discussion Threads!
What stops people from living life to the fullest? Goto Page: 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

0Jason Voorhees0

Romantic Werewolf

9,500 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Person of Interest 200
PostPosted: Sun May 24, 2009 12:03 pm
I'm not sure where to put this, philosophy or here, so I'm just going to ask it here.

What stops people fro living life to the fullest? Whay does everyone act the way they do?

My response is, they are afraid to. I know I am.  
PostPosted: Sun May 24, 2009 12:14 pm
The first answer that popped into my head was because of money  

sambart

8,000 Points
  • Gaian 50
  • Consumer 100
  • Member 100

0Jason Voorhees0

Romantic Werewolf

9,500 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Person of Interest 200
PostPosted: Sun May 24, 2009 1:09 pm
You don't need money to act yourself.  
PostPosted: Sun May 24, 2009 2:46 pm
Well, money can unfortunately be a part of it. Fear is another thing; fear of fear, fear of rejection, fear of unacceptance.  

Nilly Tsegrah

0Jason Voorhees0

Romantic Werewolf

9,500 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Person of Interest 200
PostPosted: Sun May 24, 2009 7:34 pm
I fear rejection... what stops you guys?  
PostPosted: Mon May 25, 2009 4:04 am
Fear of people in general. : That and of being seen as an obese chick. I'm not technically obese - I'm 170-some when I should weigh 120, probably - but I've been called fat, ugly, overweight and it makes me less wanting to deal with people. Hence why I'm introverted. >>  

Nilly Tsegrah

hunn-E-bee

PostPosted: Mon May 25, 2009 5:34 am
You can live your life to a certain extent, but things are always going to bring you down, and sometimes something is just going to get in your way. I know I can be a rebel sometimes, but I am not going to risk my life, someone elses, or end up in jail just because something looked fun. There is always the money aspect too, but all the best things in life are free, and as long as you take advantage of those things than you are living life to the fullest. See the beauty of nature, take the time to fall in love... it's all beautiful, and all free <3  
PostPosted: Mon May 25, 2009 2:46 pm
Fear stops people.

For me it's that and laziness. sweatdrop  

Chaeronia_Syathephos

Diligent Seeker

soleamorevdo345

PostPosted: Mon May 25, 2009 11:09 pm
i think people don't live life to the fullest because they are afraid of the consequences or the fact that if they change their normal routines they'll realize that the entire time they've been living lies.  
PostPosted: Wed May 27, 2009 8:27 am
soleamorevdo345
i think people don't live life to the fullest because they are afraid of the consequences or the fact that if they change their normal routines they'll realize that the entire time they've been living lies.

Kudos for the awnser! mrgreen I'm gonna start living life to the fullest, no matter what the cost.  

0Jason Voorhees0

Romantic Werewolf

9,500 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Person of Interest 200

Master Azrael Reaper

PostPosted: Mon Jun 01, 2009 11:48 pm
many people feel they need to play it safe in order to live a longer, normal life. thus, they do not take the risks they ought to, because they fear it might potentially screw up the rest of their life.

keep your solid, decent paying job at wal mart VS take your money and start your own business/ try for your less average dream job
- it could make you richer or happier, but you fear failure, and risk no
longer having that solid paycheck to support you if you do fail.

invest in a new upstart companies stock VS dont.
- they could get to be a big thing, but you fear that they may also fail,
thus throwing away you cash.  
PostPosted: Tue Jun 02, 2009 9:53 am

fear. fear of death, fear of what others will think, fear of an unstable situation.

indubitably~

luvdunkindonuts

Drunken_Ninja08

PostPosted: Tue Jun 02, 2009 12:27 pm
I live how I want to. I have never done anything and feared what people will think of it. I'm too laid back to truly be bothered by it. However, I am extremely shy. Don't ask how that works. Also, there are things I can't do and have to restrict myself on because of money. We have to tighten our belt money-wise because my sister is in college and I am in a private high school. Really, shyness and money are my own two reasons.  
PostPosted: Mon Jun 08, 2009 6:25 am
The secret source of Humor itself is not joy but sorrow.

I think people don´t achieve that mostly because of their own prejudices:

who can say what is good or bad for you, other than yourself?

Most people are too busy with minding about other´s opinion, and forget what is really important for them to be happy.

Money is relative. You can have a great time with few money, as long as you have good friends, and a strong desire to try new things. On the other side, you have people who have big money, but nobody to have a good time with, or who are unwilling to expand their horizons.

There is no humor in heaven. Mark Twain

Donna Cecilia

Romantic Genius

16,050 Points
  • Rat Conqueror 500
  • Luminary Melee Champion 200
  • Devoted Fortune Seeker 400

PelicanBlack

Dapper Prophet

PostPosted: Mon Jun 08, 2009 1:16 pm
Fear.
They're afraid that they'll mess up and get hurt, physically or emotionally.
Either that, or they're afraid that once they take a chance at doing something daring, they won't be able to slip back into their comfy life of routines and normalcy, whether it be from getting caught up in the thrill or their settings not wanting them to came back.

Whatever the case of their inabilty to make themselves happy, I hope they do something before it's too late....

"IDT" Intelligent Discussion Threads!

Goto Page: 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff