Reply "ALI" Advice for Life Issues
im losing my friend please help

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

4ever_lost in_ ur eyes

PostPosted: Wed Jun 10, 2009 1:10 am
my friend and i were really close. ive known her for a couple of years but now we dont talk much. she has turned to a "different" crowd and making bad decisions. She used to be bulimic (sry cant spell it right) and she is thinking about changing her appearence drastically. The girl i used to know wouldnt do this.The crowd she is currently hannging with is making her do these things. im losing her...please help.

what do i do???
question question crying crying sad  
PostPosted: Wed Jun 10, 2009 11:58 am
You simply have to talk to her and give her your position. Tell her your opinion and let her know what is bothering you. At first it might not seem to do much, but if she explains her situation to you as well, then there is always hope. Keep talking, but don't be clingy/annoying about it.
I had a problem a few months ago with my best friend and this is how we handled it and we spent two months after without speaking to each other until finally she forgave me (I was in the wrong in this particular situation) and we talked about it more and got over it. I don't know about your friend, but mine isn't attracted to jealousy (and clingy comes off as jealousy in most situations).  

bePeterPan

4ever_lost in_ ur eyes

PostPosted: Wed Jun 10, 2009 12:37 pm
Thanx. but what if she doesnt want to listen?  
PostPosted: Wed Jun 10, 2009 3:15 pm
If your friend doesn't want to listen to you, she might think that shes doing the right thing by hanging around bad crowds. (Which, of course, is not true.)
If shes actually considering being buliemic, tell an adult. A parent, a teacher, or something - when someone decides to do that they're putting themselves at risk for death. Starving yourself is not the right way to go. Hopefully, the adult will talk to her and change her mind.

minus infinity

Fluffy Fatcat

bePeterPan

PostPosted: Wed Jun 10, 2009 5:07 pm
Bulimia isn't starving oneself. It's actually binging and purging (as in, eating a lot and then throwing it up).

Anyway, my opinion is pretty much the same as minus infinity. I mean, if she doesn't want to listen to you then she's obviously not mature enough to deal with such situations.  
PostPosted: Wed Jun 10, 2009 5:27 pm
You got a couple choices... the previous, and very well thought out ones above are excellent, but do not cover everything. From experience, I have figured out a few more. Be there, no matter what happens, and your friend might eventually come back. Give up and move on with your life. Try to get an intervention with her family and 'good' friends. There are many possible things you can do... or not... it's all up to you. Wish you luck sweetie, you're obviouly a good person to care so much for a friend.  

Mayhem is Death

MadamBitchTits

Tipsy Receiver

PostPosted: Fri Jun 12, 2009 3:22 am
Talk to her straight if she wont listen she's a lost cause  
PostPosted: Mon Jul 06, 2009 5:51 pm
thats happening to me right now but idc my friend is mean, crazy, and going to die soon if she keeps smoking biggrin & why did I hear a firework ppl please 4th of july already past  

Tina161495

"ALI" Advice for Life Issues

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff