Reply "ALI" Advice for Life Issues
my mom is in trouble and she wont listen. plz plz help

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

4ever_lost in_ ur eyes

PostPosted: Wed Jun 10, 2009 8:39 pm
okay lets rewind.....a few years ago my mom told me the doctor told her that she has type 2 diabetis. and that if she didnt treat it soon she will only have a few more years to live. i love my mom and when she said that i broke out in tears. crying
A COUPLE OF MONTHS AGO...she countines taking the right pills needed but she had to cut down on a lot of them because we coulldnt afford them. so she only took a few out olf the million she needed.
NOW A DAYS....Its like she has completely stopped taking her medication. she always says she "forgets" but i mean you cant forget something that is helping you live. it worries me that she isnt taking her medication. i dont want to lose her.... crying
what should i do??? please i need your help..... crying  
PostPosted: Thu Jun 11, 2009 6:56 am
Wow, well it sounds like you are having a really hard time with this, and I dont blame you! I can see that you care about your mother a lot, and you just want her to take her medication. You have to let her know what the consequences are of not taking them, or let someone else know that she is not taking them. I really don't know what else to tell you, but I really wish that I could help in some way. But you REALLY need to let someone know because not taking medication you need is the same as abusuing it. So you need to tell someone about it.  

hunn-E-bee

4ever_lost in_ ur eyes

PostPosted: Thu Jun 11, 2009 4:26 pm
thanx. but a lot of my family knows this too and my mom just says that she cant afford medication and that she "forgets". I dont want to lose her, espesialy since if shes gone i wont have anyboldy else. and i love her too much for her to go....this sucks. thanks anyway...  
PostPosted: Thu Jun 11, 2009 5:54 pm

I say talk to your mom and tell her you're worried about her. If she completely stops taking her medication for a long time, there can be serious consequences. If your mom is saying shes forgetting to take the meds, maybe she can put a sticky note somewhere very visible to her (ex fridge, bathroom / bedroom mirror, ect) that reminds her to take the meds. It actually really helps a lot of people to remember to do stuff they need to do, and I think it could help your mom.

If the meds are expensive, get your mom to talk to her doctor about not having the money to pay for what she needs. Hopefully, the doctor will understand that your mom really needs to take the meds and they'll be able to help her in some way.

Good luck, hope I helped!

btw, hello again [:

minus infinity

Fluffy Fatcat

Miyuki Nakami

PostPosted: Wed Jun 17, 2009 4:37 pm
Tell your mom to not worry about money, because family and life are more important. I said this to my mom once when she was talking to me about financial issues, and she got much happier. 3nodding

Sorry, just a short and small suggestion.  
PostPosted: Wed Jun 17, 2009 11:27 pm
Thanks everyone for your help biggrin . Im going to have a talk with my mom and im going to try to get her back on track. Thanks again, You all are the best biggrin  

4ever_lost in_ ur eyes

Nerevar Fatehand

PostPosted: Wed Jun 17, 2009 11:51 pm
And that's why Why Not? is a magical place, best of luck talking with your mom, I can approve and understand using the sticky note method sometimes memories are terrible even with life threatening things.  
PostPosted: Mon Jul 06, 2009 5:56 pm
peoplesgirl05
okay lets rewind.....a few years ago my mom told me the doctor told her that she has type 2 diabetis. and that if she didnt treat it soon she will only have a few more years to live. i love my mom and when she said that i broke out in tears. crying
A COUPLE OF MONTHS AGO...she countines taking the right pills needed but she had to cut down on a lot of them because we coulldnt afford them. so she only took a few out olf the million she needed.
NOW A DAYS....Its like she has completely stopped taking her medication. she always says she "forgets" but i mean you cant forget something that is helping you live. it worries me that she isnt taking her medication. i dont want to lose her.... crying
what should i do??? please i need your help..... crying

wow u have alot of bad things going on  

Tina161495

SuchSweetSadism

8,200 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Signature Look 250
  • Tycoon 200
PostPosted: Sun Sep 06, 2009 8:26 am
Remind her when to take it, and watch to see that she does. It could help her get back on her schedule she needs.  
PostPosted: Mon Sep 28, 2009 9:40 am
Also check in your area for help on meds, money wise. There might be some programs out there for people that can't afford the meds. Next time she goes to the doctor ask about special programs for meds. Or go to the city, to the Health Department and see if there is way they can help.  

Bernadette Rachel

Profitable Gaian

7,650 Points
  • Entrepreneur 150
  • Wall Street 200
  • Money Never Sleeps 200

Half Headless Horseman

Tipsy Streaker

PostPosted: Mon Sep 28, 2009 9:54 am
About talking to the doctor comment, I'm not sure if anyone has said this yet but perhaps have her ask about a generic brand of whatever medicine she's taking. It does the same thing it just doesn't cost as much.  
"ALI" Advice for Life Issues

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games