Welcome to Gaia! ::

Why Not?

Back to Guilds

No rules, just Fun! Join today. 

Tags: Roleplaying, Polls, Spam 

Reply "IDT" Intelligent Discussion Threads!
If u love someone....does anything else really matter???

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

soleamorevdo345

PostPosted: Sun Jun 14, 2009 11:19 pm
Love is suppose to make us happy...but wut if u fall in love with the wrong person...like people who are part of incest wut then?? my friend asked me for advice on this but i couldn't come up with an answer i mean after all if it weren't for incest we wouldn't be here right?? god only created one man and woman they had children who had children with each other. and so on thats why were here right.......  
PostPosted: Mon Jun 15, 2009 9:02 am
soleamorevdo345
god only created one man and woman they had children who had children with each other. and so on thats why were here right.......

Erm, that's based on religious belief. Some people base that belief off of evolution. Anyways, back to your question, if you truly think that you love someone, then who knows. If that person is a dead-beat and appears to have no future plans, then your choices in your love life aren't that good.  

Drunken_Ninja08

Nerevar Fatehand

PostPosted: Tue Jun 16, 2009 6:47 pm
Not to mention incest was how some noble houses reportedly (Not going to slander anyone's family tree I'm an opinionated b*****d but not that much) kept their houses strong so it apparently wasn't bad back then. But if you love someone I'd say go for it if you can live with them through the hardships if it's a looked down upon choice congratulations but I don't thing I'd give up true love for someone else's opinion but that's just V, I tend to not take many opinions seriously except for those I respect and truly like so it's up to the individual.

That's V's haypenny for thought on the topic.  
PostPosted: Sat Jul 25, 2009 2:30 pm
Who is to say whether you are really in love with the another, or not?, It's something only you can answer.
i dare say, if you are in fact in love, what others say won't matter.
There is no wrong choice in love.
It's all up to the person making the decision, "is it worth it?"
i would say, when it comes to love, it certainly is worth it!
But the sad truth of it is, often we mistake things like, Lust, or respect, for love...
So, in the end, it's all up to whether you feel you are truthfully in love, and whether or not you have enough courage to see where this love of yours will take you.

This is my opinion, and i must admit, 'I am a Romantic....

Also, i am not trying to encourage you to run off with the first boy who asks you!, when your in love, you'll know it.
also, for your partners sake as well as you own, you need to be mature about the whole ordeal, no amount of love can save you from an Unhappy ending, unless your willing to put in work!, and love is something you'll be working to maintain your whole life, but, in my opinion, it is worth it.
Everything worth while in life comes with a price, love is no exception to this.  

Yuuki Aoyagi

SchizoSpazz

Space Phantom

10,900 Points
  • Prayer Circle 200
  • Invisibility 100
  • Hive Mind 200
PostPosted: Sat Aug 01, 2009 7:58 am
in truth, it doesn't, but sometimes, it should, like if you're in an abusive relationship or something.  
PostPosted: Mon Aug 03, 2009 5:45 am
I don't know about the whole incest thing, it sort of depends on how closely related and if that relative is truely a blood relative or only related to this person by marriage. To be perfectly honest (and I guess I really have to regulate this to opinion) but the idea of shaking up with a first cousin makes my stomach roil and my skin crawl. But then, thinking of anyone in my family in a romantic way no matter how far removed, really grosses me out. Incest relationships are probably not going to be something you would really want to get yourself into. You don't really want to fall into the backwoods "I married my cooooooousin" stereotype that's going to come along with that. And if you every wanted to have kids, well, you're a little screwed on that. Your children will be a huge risk for all sorts of birth defects. You have to remember that the royal families that inbred just a little had problems come up from it. Inbreeding in dogs is the reason why some species can get really awful problems in the pups. All around it's just not a good idea. There's just to many attractive people in the world with the qualities that you'll be attracted to enough to believe yourself in love to settle for family.  

unrequietedCat

Britainian_Knight

PostPosted: Tue Aug 04, 2009 5:18 am
First needs to come a definition for love, and by no means is mine the only definition.

Love is any of a number of emotions and experiences related to a sense of strong affection and attachment.

This "Love" that one feels toward family is one based on an already existing bond of family and time spent together, that can often get misinterpreted in, or after puberty as something more.

This is not from my perspective a "love" that should be expressed that way, rather they should be one of your connections to love. After all if you like the qualities in them they should be able to find people with the same qualities around themselves, as most people tend to gather around others like themselves. This should be an opportunity to help find someone special to share your life with, and your family, if slightly embarrassing, should be able to help with that.  
PostPosted: Fri Aug 07, 2009 12:00 pm
I don't know what I mean about it, but incest is something that I'm NOT a fan of to say it like that..  

Torimimi

weepy young devotchka

PostPosted: Fri Aug 14, 2009 11:10 am
well, this is where ethical relativity comes into play.

if you truly love someone, such as falling in love with a child, then you would be willing to wait until the child had grown. or if there is no way to have a sexual relationship with someone, such as someone who is not attracted to you, or er, another species, you would be willing to sacrifice that in favor of a platonic relationship.

love is love, it doesn't always mean sex and babies. sometimes it's one-sided, or familial, or pure. sometimes it's romantic, but just not possible. but as long as you aren't causing damage, then it is okay.  
PostPosted: Mon Nov 23, 2009 11:59 am
Yes. Breathing, eating, and sleeping are still vital functions.  

Pullo

"IDT" Intelligent Discussion Threads!

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff