Welcome to Gaia! ::

Why Not?

Back to Guilds

No rules, just Fun! Join today. 

Tags: Roleplaying, Polls, Spam 

Reply "IDT" Intelligent Discussion Threads!
Our future...

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

The future...
  We will be successful.
  Life will be the same.
  There is no hope.
  I don't know...
View Results

xXx_takashi58_xXx

PostPosted: Fri Jun 19, 2009 5:41 pm
What do you think our future is going to be like? If it's something good then explain it. If we all die, then state what will cause our fate (politics, machines, etc.).  
PostPosted: Tue Jun 23, 2009 6:28 am
I think our future is only going to get worse unless we change our ways. If anything I think the world will die because we killed it with our pollution and destruction. I think the biggest threat to the world is mankind. If we dont change, we are just creating more problems for our future generations which I dont think is fair for them. We need to clean up our act.  

4ever_lost in_ ur eyes

xXx_takashi58_xXx

PostPosted: Thu Jun 25, 2009 5:56 pm
Very descriptive...  
PostPosted: Thu Jun 25, 2009 6:49 pm
Okay. I don't usually (well, ever) post youtube links on here, but I saw this video and I think that it's got a point. So sorry if this isn't the detailed personal opinion you were looking for, but you might want to check it out anyway, right here.  

Lazuli Bunting

Nerevar Fatehand

PostPosted: Thu Jun 25, 2009 8:58 pm
Honestly I have a feeling this era of organic life may very well end sooner rather than later due to industrialization and lack of emission control doubt it'll have much effect on the planet but we'll eventually die out since I think it's a bit too cocky to think we'll not become extinct like thousands* of other species.

Think Carlin says it best
* Just a random number doubt it's accurate  
PostPosted: Sat Jun 27, 2009 2:26 pm
We will be fine. The government will always swing between bipolar states of policies, people will grumble, taxes will rise and fall, and in the meantime people will still go to work, live, laugh, cry and die. Everyone has free will and life is whatever you make it to be.  

Saelesta

White Siren Queen

PostPosted: Sat Jun 27, 2009 4:22 pm
SCIENTIFICALLY...
We're gonna die. :]

RELIGIOUSLY...
[Depending on your religion, in this case Christianity]
WE'RE ALL GONNA BURN AND DIE IN OUR APOCOLYPTIC ENDING OF 2012 WHEN "GOD" REIGNS DOWN JUDGEMENT!

xD

We're all gonna die anyhow.

I mean, the hell.
The sooner, since I agree with some of the posts here say that it is us, mankind itself, that kills our own environment. And we, that kill ourselves and eachother. So. Tsk, to hell with it, we're doomed! 8D

In a more intellectual sophisticated arguement.
Government will fail to realize our self destructive motives, and in turn, will not be able to comply soon enough to stop our own demise. Most are greedily lustful of the most deadly things in life, and so forth we wont stop with what we want, 'till we have it all. In this case, I'm refering to all those bad things industrial, money, blah blah blah.

Like all life, like all things in the so called termonoligy of "life".. EVERYTHING will die, or fade, or cease to exist. EVERYTHING in one point of existance becomes NOTHING.
LIFE becomes DEATH. It's just a matter of time. :]

[In a more mentally retarded, childish phase of myself.]

We all ghanna die sooner than latar! 8D  
PostPosted: Sat Jun 27, 2009 5:06 pm
I apologize if this post ends up being far to long, but this is one of my favorite topics for discussion biggrin

I sincerely doubt that humanity will die out anywhere in the distant future (distant being about 1000 years)

Chances are we're going to end up colonizing other planets (The moon, mars, and possibly the moons of mars) even if we don't end up getting many resources from the colonization efforts, having the extra land will end up releasing some of the pressures of overpopulation.

At this point I also doubt that we're going to end up killing ourselves off either through war, destroying our environment, or through any other means At one point I did believe that this was the most likely thing that would happen to us, but now...not so much. No country, or group political or otherwise will ever use weapons of mass destruction in war, and the reason why is simple, self preservation. If one country uses WMD's they'll instantly make themselves a huge target for every other country on earth, and the same goes for terrorists. Even dictators aren't stupid enough to do that, they want power, and what's the point in having power if the only thing you rule is a desolate moonscape.
Tensions will always be high between certain regions in the world, but the most that will come out of it will be small wars, I really doubt that there will ever be a 3rd world war.

...that's it for now, I'll probably come back later <.<  

a scawy ghost

xXx_takashi58_xXx

PostPosted: Sun Jun 28, 2009 3:56 pm
White Siren Queen
SCIENTIFICALLY...

RELIGIOUSLY...
WE'RE ALL GONNA BURN AND DIE IN OUR APOCOLYPTIC ENDING OF 2012 WHEN "GOD" REIGNS DOWN JUDGEMENT!

xD

I mean, the hell.
The sooner, since I agree with some of the posts here say that it is us, mankind itself, that kills our own environment. And we, that kill ourselves and eachother. So. Tsk, to hell with it, we're doomed! 8D

Government will fail to realize our self destructive motives, and in turn, will not be able to comply soon enough to stop our own demise. Most are greedily lustful of the most deadly things in life, and so forth we wont stop with what we want, 'till we have it all. In this case, I'm refering to all those bad things industrial, money, blah blah blah.

Like all life, like all things in the so called termonoligy of "life".. EVERYTHING will die, or fade, or cease to exist. EVERYTHING in one point of existance becomes NOTHING.

Well, you don't have to say that WAY in the future (or 2012) we're all going to die. Everybody knows that's going to happen biggrin  
PostPosted: Sun Jun 28, 2009 3:59 pm
a scawy ghost
I apologize if this post ends up being far to long, but this is one of my favorite topics for discussion biggrin

I sincerely doubt that humanity will die out anywhere in the distant future (distant being about 1000 years)

Chances are we're going to end up colonizing other planets (The moon, mars, and possibly the moons of mars) even if we don't end up getting many resources from the colonization efforts, having the extra land will end up releasing some of the pressures of overpopulation.

At this point I also doubt that we're going to end up killing ourselves off either through war, destroying our environment, or through any other means At one point I did believe that this was the most likely thing that would happen to us, but now...not so much. No country, or group political or otherwise will ever use weapons of mass destruction in war, and the reason why is simple, self preservation. If one country uses WMD's they'll instantly make themselves a huge target for every other country on earth, and the same goes for terrorists. Even dictators aren't stupid enough to do that, they want power, and what's the point in having power if the only thing you rule is a desolate moonscape.
Tensions will always be high between certain regions in the world, but the most that will come out of it will be small wars, I really doubt that there will ever be a 3rd world war.

...that's it for now, I'll probably come back later <.<

You can type as many words on your post as much as you want to (I don't mind reading) just as long as you don't page stretch.  

xXx_takashi58_xXx

Sir Francis XLII

PostPosted: Sun Jun 28, 2009 4:38 pm
White Siren Queen
SCIENTIFICALLY...

RELIGIOUSLY...

xD

I mean, the hell.

The belief that we're going to die in 2012 is a seemingly false statement. The year 2012 A.D. is not the biblical end of the world, it is just the end of the Mayan calander. But, so far, the calander has not been wrong. The Mayan calander could have ended there NOT because that is what Hamurabi predicted to be the End, but just when Hamurabi died and, therefore, could not prdict what would happen at that point in time.  
"IDT" Intelligent Discussion Threads!

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games