Welcome to Gaia! ::

Why Not?

Back to Guilds

No rules, just Fun! Join today. 

Tags: Roleplaying, Polls, Spam 

Reply "IDT" Intelligent Discussion Threads!
Where do your morals stand?

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Think you have good morals?
  Yeah, I think so.
  Eh, maybe.
  Nah, I think so.
View Results

not_a_cookie

PostPosted: Thu Aug 06, 2009 12:20 am
I was in a class, and my teacher was teaching about "Morality". To test our morals, she gave us a story and told us to rate the characters from 1 - 5. 5 = least moral person and 1 = most moral person. Each character must have a different number for each character.

So here's the story:

Once upon a time, there was a man named Gregory and a woman named Alice who were in love with each other. Unfortunately, they both live on one side of Alligator lake, and the only way to see each other is the bridge. One night, a large storm came and destroyed the bridge. Now the only way for Gregory to see Alice he would need a boat. Longing to see Alice, he went to the next-door neighbor, Samantha for help. Samantha agreed to do let Gregory borrow her boat on one condition: Gregory would sleep with her. Gregory quickly said no and went to his friend Ivan for help. Ivan said that he did not want anything to do with his problem and closed the door on Gregory. Not knowing what to do, Gregory slept with Samantha. Samantha kept her promise and lent her boat to Gregory. When Alice saw Gregory, she asked how he arrived. He said that he used Samantha's boat, but in order to borrow it, he had to sleep with her. Alice yelled that she never wanted to see him again and shooed him off. Sorrowful, he told his troubles to Slug. Slug was so mad at Alice, that he went to Alice's house and beat her up.

The End.

So there are five people you have to rate: Gregory, Alice, Samantha, Ivan, and Slug.

Remember, rate them from 1 - 5. 5 = least moral 1 = most moral.

For Example:

For me it's:
Gregory = 3
Alice = 1
Samantha = 5
Ivan = 2
Slug = 4  
PostPosted: Thu Aug 06, 2009 12:33 am
Interesting story. I'd have to agree with you... but methinks the story is set up like that on purpose. Most of the results would probably be similar to yours, if not exactly alike.

Did you get to see everyone else's answers?  

zfatal

Toothsome Fairy

Wintryicegoddess

PostPosted: Thu Aug 06, 2009 3:32 pm
Yeah, I'd rate them pretty close to how you did.  
PostPosted: Thu Aug 06, 2009 4:52 pm
zfatal
Interesting story. I'd have to agree with you... but methinks the story is set up like that on purpose. Most of the results would probably be similar to yours, if not exactly alike.

Did you get to see everyone else's answers?

Well, in my class, some of the people had Gregory = 1. Other's would switch Ivan's and Slug's numbers. THe only one thatwould seem the same was that Samantha was the least moral.  

not_a_cookie

Barrista

5,350 Points
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Window Shopper 100
  • Signature Look 250
PostPosted: Wed Aug 12, 2009 3:13 pm
Here's mine:

Gregory: 1
Alice: 2
Samantha: 4
Ivan: 3
Slug: 5

I switched Ivan's and Slug's numbers like five times before I made up my mind. xD

Why the hell did Slug get involved? In my opinion he's the least moral because he beat up Alice who was a major victim in the story.

But maybe she, Alice, over-reacted just a bit. (;

PostPosted: Fri Aug 14, 2009 11:33 am
well now

this is the issue.
morals are subjective to each person. having good morals means you try to abstain from doing anything you believe to be wrong, regardless of the circumstance. however- that's what YOU determine to be wrong.

for instance, i believe Slug to be the most immoral by my personal standards because he went and beat the hell out of some girl(probably smaller than him) because of hearsay. but that's just me. that would be seconded by Ivan because he just wanted to be a douchebag. then Gregory, because while his mind was in the right place, he still gave into sleeping with another woman for a boat lend, which shows some wavering in his "love" for alice. then Samantha, because while that was a b***h move, she didn't force him to. he had something she wanted, she had something he wanted. it was a fair exchange. and i find alice to be of the least fault because she just kinda got ******** over in that one.  

weepy young devotchka

Zariah Khi

Lavish Dabbler

13,050 Points
  • First step to fame 200
  • Partygoer 500
  • V-Day 2011 Event 100
PostPosted: Tue Nov 03, 2009 1:30 am
Alice: 1
Gregory: 2
Ivan: 3
Samantha: 4