Welcome to Gaia! ::

Why Not?

Back to Guilds

No rules, just Fun! Join today. 

Tags: Roleplaying, Polls, Spam 

Reply "ALI" Advice for Life Issues
Don't let anxiety ruin your friendships.

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Gallaghir

PostPosted: Sat Nov 14, 2009 4:58 am
I've had a sort of rough few months. Family problems & health issues, the usual stuff.
I was diagnosed with an anxiety thing which also makes my heart go a little nuts at times & I'm always shaking when talking to people. Going through the process of overcoming it though.
I got my very first kitten from the pound in August. He's now 7 months old. He's had diarrahoea on and off most of his life & the vet has ruled out everything except an allergy or cancer.
And so far (to me at least) cancer seems the most likely cause which is completely breaking my heart.

Now my current issue is;
No one I know cares.
I try to talk to my friends online (they've all moved out of town & phone = anxiety issues) but they don't talk to me.
When any of them are upset, I give them my support. They say they've finished their final uni exams and I congratulate them.
But those are the only times they talk to me.

And I know I should just be fine with that. I'm not in their lives except when they decide to go on facebook or msn etc. I shouldn't expect anything in return.
It all sounds so incredibly whiny and immature, I apologise and should act my age.
But geez. How hard is it to write 'Hope you're fine' or send a poke or something?
I feel empathy towards complete strangers on the net. Some random on twitter won a cd? I say congrats.
Someone in LI has a problem and I really hope they overcome what ever it is bringing them down. Is that just not how I should be on the net? Am I supposed to not care? (Some sort of internet code of conduct I missed?)

I guess I'm just using this place as a surrogate friend.  
PostPosted: Fri Jan 08, 2010 4:54 pm
i do that too with this place, because i have the exact same thing.  

SchizoSpazz

Space Phantom

10,900 Points
  • Prayer Circle 200
  • Invisibility 100
  • Hive Mind 200

ll S W E E T ll

PostPosted: Wed Jan 13, 2010 6:53 pm
that happens a lot to me too, but u have to understand that those people don't understand the way u feel about them. Some people jus don't care about wat u have to say, they only care about themselves sometimes.
Sometimes people are to busy or have other friends that they can talk to and can forget about u....
anxiety??? hhmm...weird, but i hope u'll be okay smile  
"ALI" Advice for Life Issues

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff