Welcome to Gaia! ::

Why Not?

Back to Guilds

No rules, just Fun! Join today. 

Tags: Roleplaying, Polls, Spam 

Reply "IDT" Intelligent Discussion Threads!
I Don't Understand It

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Danse-de-Macabre

Sparkly Prophet

PostPosted: Thu Dec 10, 2009 6:16 pm
I don't believe anyone can TRUELY say there own personal opinion on anything anymore. Without someone, Blindly "Spamming" or "Harassing" the persons word without reading or TRYING to understand what that person is trying to get through to the other.
Now I know, free speech is something we all have. But some people ABUSE that. And really should not have any right to speak or talk anymore. In fact ever again.
I will make an example:
You read through comments that you have made. One that is pretty good to understand. Has plenty of knowledge, and the intellectual statement and psychological point is there. But when you try to make it come across as "Easy to understand" in some points. More or less. The person, Who obviously never even read the whole speech you had made. Blindly back hands your word straight into your face, without so much as to really have read or try to understand what you are saying.

Another example would be:
You read this one persons comment to a video, or artwork. You reply to them. Now your trying to state in the most polite and nice way you can, because no one wants an enemy on the net as it is. But when you try to tell them politely, that most of there own opinion is "Slightly Flawed" not fully, but just slightly. God forbid you would have disagreed with them!. They continue to go on to harass you, and switch your motive to what you truely want to accomplish against you. Not really knowing to themselves they talk and sound like a child not getting what they so arrogantly want. Attention.

Now I don't know weather it is due to the age of the "Now" generation. Or is it because of the less, god forbid, lack of moral fiber. That being the mind itself.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 11, 2009 11:03 pm
It the fact how people hate being wrong.So, instead of nicely saying something along the lines of "Oh, I see.Well, its just my thoughts", they would get defensive about someone elses' comment on their comment if they've done wrong.
Make sense? :/  

Raemida

Frozen Fatcat

7,025 Points
  • Dramatic Shipping 25
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Generous 100

Danse-de-Macabre

Sparkly Prophet

PostPosted: Sun Dec 13, 2009 9:56 pm
True. You do have a point there.
But should they not at least try and understand that the person is only being helpful?.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 15, 2009 5:22 pm
Also, you may state you onpion calmly, or as a social comment, and you get automatically hammered, when people take personal offence, some back down when they realise that they wern't being attacked personally, yet some keep yelling, and you end up in a mess staying-on-topic wise. Then you get fustrated.

People suck, they really do...  

Sarcastic Squirrel

Mad Haru

PostPosted: Tue Dec 15, 2009 6:11 pm
All I can say is-
PEOPLE ARE FRUSTRATING.
I've come across that type of situation more than I'd care to.  
"IDT" Intelligent Discussion Threads!

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games