Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

f ii o r e ll a

4,000 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Full closet 200
PostPosted: Mon Dec 21, 2009 1:39 am
I remember in the past one of my classmates told me that I'm 'never going to get anywhere in life' - and I'm starting to believe her now.

Back in high school I used to be a little bit optimistic because life was easy - I didn't have to make much decisions, and the rules and orders were easy to follow/less confusing. Now that I've finished school the thought of getting a job is painful because I'd have to go through a job interview. It's going to be really hard for me to answer their questions because I stutter a lot and I'm not good at thinking on the spot. I'm extremely shy, I blush, shake and twitch uncontrollably when someone's talking to me.

I'm currently suffering from Social Anxiety Disorder - I don't have much experience with people, I don't feel like I have friends anymore, all I can depend on are my parents but I can't depend on them all the time.
My dream was always to become someone who is independent, friendly, outspoken, brave, and a good model for someone - but I can't see myself being that because I'm trapped in my own shyness and I feel so hopeless.

My mum really wants me to have a good career that pays well, therefore she wants me to go to university but I'd have to do a TAFE course first which involves interviews to get into that course. I just can't do that, and I feel I've just let my parents down. She also wants me to go to uni so I'm used to being around other people. If I take any other courses/classes that won't help me get to uni, won't help me get a job or are basically just hobby classes I'll feel guilty because they cost much, and it's my parents who are wasting their money on me not me paying for those classes...

I really need support and advice for this because at the moment I'm extremely stressed and upset because of those thoughts and I'm just sick of crying - I just want to act my age and be able to rely on myself. All I can think of right now is...ending my life ...  
PostPosted: Mon Dec 21, 2009 1:55 am
don't it will leave your parents and friends very upset.

your sad and shyness you can work on

GLJordan

Lucas Moonrose

Shapeshifter

PostPosted: Mon Dec 21, 2009 1:58 am
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

I suffer from the same Disorder and understand what you're going through.
One of the ways I look into for motivation and plan your Ultimate Future.
Plan what your home is going to look like, Find what your dream job is and any benefits of said job.

As far as friends go, If you take classes you like, you can find friends.
Go back to high school friends and talk to the people you Really wanted to get to know.

I had little to no friends after highschool, Once I got out I had tons, and it's really helped me relax.
No only if my Dad would shut up about me finding a job. x.x
It's enough stress as it is to be reminded of it Every time him and I are alone.

I'm here for ya if you want to talk some more, PM me and I'll Listen ^-^

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 13, 2010 7:07 pm
I used to be shy like u back in my in my freshmen year in high school. But u have to understand that u have to break that shell and open urself up a little and stop shying urself away from people. If u jus allowed urself to open up by expressing urself and speak to people maybe it can help u overcome ur shyness. And it's okay to stutter and i mean really, cus my brother have trouble with the way he talks and he always stutter, but i think u'll be okay with it. if u were to be interviewed jus pretend to urself that u'r in a room by urself or imagine something that can calm u down. Pleze don't end ur life because then u'll never know what u could have became in the future. And if u jus give up now then u'll jus prove to urself how weak u r in the inside. Pleze don't do such a thing. And if u don't want to do the interview, then jus go to a community college first and from their jus transfer to a university afterwards.  

ll S W E E T ll

"ALI" Advice for Life Issues

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff