Welcome to Gaia! ::

Why Not?

Back to Guilds

No rules, just Fun! Join today. 

Tags: Roleplaying, Polls, Spam 

Reply "IDT" Intelligent Discussion Threads!
Who was worse: Adolf Hitler or Joseph Stalin?

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Which was worse: Stalin, or Hitler?
  Hitler, why?
  Stalin, why?
View Results

lnvictus

Profitable Guildsman

5,550 Points
  • Wall Street 200
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Profitable 100
PostPosted: Thu Dec 24, 2009 6:19 am
A little bit for the uneducated, if there are any of you here..

Adolf Hitler:

Fought for his country (Germany) during World War I, later rose to power and became one of the most powerful and influential men in the world. Leader of the Nazi Regime, Hitler systematically started killing off every "non-Aryan" race in the world in a form of mass murder we call genocide. Non-Aryans were classified by Hitler as anyone who wasn't light skinned, light haired, and fair-eyed. Though he himself had dark hair and dark eyes and was raised by a Jewish mother and abusive father, he set out to destroy the Jews in 1942, he started in 1944, the same here Germany invaded Poland and sparked the beginning of World War II. The victims of the Holocaust (genocide carried out by Hitler and the Nazi party to destroy any non-Aryan race) would be approximated at anywhere between 11 million and 17 million. Only about 6 million of them were Jewish, many others were Poles, the Romani, Soviet POW's, people with disabilities, Jehovah's witness', Homosexuals, and any other political or religious opponents.

Joseph Stalin:

Also serving his country during WWI, Stalin did not immediately start to rise to power much greater than that he already had. In 1922, he became the General Secretary of the Communist party of the Soviet Union, which is synonymous with leader, or in this case, dictator. In the 1930's Stalin launched "The Great Purge" a campaign to purge (rid) the communist party of people accused of: sabotage, terrorism, or treachery. Targets were often executed on spot or sent to labor camps to be worked and beaten to death. Nearly 700,000 people were executed. But, unlike Hitler, these were his own people, the people that trusted him to bring Russia back to a standing of a superpower.

So, which is worse, Hitler or Stalin?

Hitler Killed roughly 13 million people, but little or none of them were Germans.

Stalin killed roughly 700,000 people, but they were ALL Russian or Georgian. He also mercilessly and cruelly killed his victims by hand in some cases, he even killed his entirely family in a bloody rage. (This includes decapitations and severing of many limbs).

Please post your viewpoint below after voting in the poll, don't vote unless you know this stuff already or you read this thread.  
PostPosted: Thu Dec 31, 2009 6:17 pm
there's some history involved that says stalin was worse, and my still scared red husband says stalin as well, but i say hitler because he was discriminate and there was little to nothing you could do to get off hitler's hit list. i guess the same was for stalin. maybe it's just because history seems to feel sorryer for hitler. i don't know  

SchizoSpazz

Space Phantom

10,900 Points
  • Prayer Circle 200
  • Invisibility 100
  • Hive Mind 200

Deppfan

PostPosted: Thu Dec 31, 2009 7:38 pm
SchizoSpazz
there's some history involved that says stalin was worse, and my still scared red husband says stalin as well, but i say hitler because he was discriminate and there was little to nothing you could do to get off hitler's hit list. i guess the same was for stalin. maybe it's just because history seems to feel sorryer for hitler. i don't know

People feeling sorry for Hitler? Why would anybody in their right mind do that?

@original post: Well, Hitler wasn't originally from Germany, so the aspect of non-Germans as opposed to Stalin and his country can't really be equally argued.  
PostPosted: Mon Feb 15, 2010 6:37 pm
I think Hitler was the worst; Stalin did his own dirty work, but Hitler was a sociopath who manipulated people into doing it for him.

Besides, Hitler only had one ball.  

Ablutophobia

Breaking The Skyline

PostPosted: Tue Feb 16, 2010 1:07 pm
definatly hitler. his methods of killing were more inhumaine than Stalins were. plus he killed 13 million people which is huge compared to Stalin or really anybody that ever committed genocide.  
PostPosted: Thu Feb 25, 2010 6:28 pm
I'd say Hitler; he killed more people, he was a sociopath who manipulated others, and was completely in his right mind. He had rationale for what he did and thought it was ordained through all of the occult stuff he believed in. He also commissioned all sorts of crazy military technology designed to kill more people more effectively. Stalin was just messed up in the head, like a serial killer, i think.  

tea and coffee

Garbage Duck

Mad Haru

PostPosted: Fri Mar 12, 2010 2:24 pm
Stalin. Definitely Stalin.
Why?
Well, Hitler's reign only lasted less than a decade and his rule, however brutal, terrifying, and evil it was (I'm not going to deny Hitler's atrocities), was the thing that vilified racism, and if the Holocaust hadn't happened, the Civil Rights movement may never have happened.
Stalin, on the other hand, caused the Cold War, which lasted fifty years, and, (if the Korean and Vietnam Wars are to be included) indirectly caused the death of millions, and a state of unrest in Eastern Europe that continues to last today.  
PostPosted: Tue Aug 31, 2010 9:37 pm
Stalin was worse. You could not live in Russia without being afraid of being killed for anything you said or did. In Germany, you at least had a chance if you were German. In Russia, if you offended your next door neighbor, they could report you for treason and you would be arrested and often tortured until they got you to confess. Also, very few people who were arrested ever saw their families again. Hitler was a racist psycho; Stalin was a race-blind psycho.  

Ariemea

Dangerous Informer

Infix

Durem Champion

PostPosted: Fri Sep 03, 2010 8:10 pm
Stalin killed way more than the number you posted. It's debatable hes responsible for far more deaths than Hitler. With descendents from Russia myself, I can't help but think Stalin was worse. However Hitlers' work in his fascist government was feared by both Russia and the United states. Even as the Cold War became the big event, both the USA and the USSR agreed fascism should never return.

Ariemea
Stalin was worse. You could not live in Russia without being afraid of being killed for anything you said or did. In Germany, you at least had a chance if you were German. In Russia, if you offended your next door neighbor, they could report you for treason and you would be arrested and often tortured until they got you to confess. Also, very few people who were arrested ever saw their families again. Hitler was a racist psycho; Stalin was a race-blind psycho.

As for this, you were in danger of your tongue in both groups. If you had a child in Germany you had to watch your tongue just as much as if you had lived in Russia. The Hitler youth teachers would ask their kids what their parents say at the dinner table, and if it was unpleasant towards Hitler or the Nazi party, they would be expecting a midnight knock at the door from a couple Nazi's that night. The same thing happened in Russia however as well, so if you had kids you had to be even more careful than you already had to there. This tactic worked surprisingly well for both parties since you can't expect kids to keep their mouths shut about things they don't realize are serious.

Peppermint Waffles
I'd say Hitler; he killed more people, he was a sociopath who manipulated others, and was completely in his right mind. He had rationale for what he did and thought it was ordained through all of the occult stuff he believed in. He also commissioned all sorts of crazy military technology designed to kill more people more effectively. Stalin was just messed up in the head, like a serial killer, i think.

As for this, Hitler didn't come up with the tactics actually, it was his commanding officer. You are correct that it was well designed to kill more people efficiently. When I look at the Nazi history, there were far more evil people in the Nazi party than Hitler. When the Jews were dropped off at one specific Death camp, there was a doctor that told them they would have to go left or right, (this happened at all death camps but this one in-particular im going to continue talking about) going one way would lead to a work camp, the other to the gas chambers. However, if the Doctor spotted twins, he would take them to a personal area, treat them nicer, then do absurd experiments on them, such as infect one with tuberculosis, let one die, then kill the other one, and examine them both, or operate on their eyes while they are conscious.

EDIT: On one more note, Hitler killed roughly 6 million Jews, and 2 million of other ethnics. Stalin killed roughly 10 million people.  
"IDT" Intelligent Discussion Threads!

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games