Submit

crbs

150 Points
  • Beta Gaian 0
  • Beta Contributor 0
  • Beta Voter 0
PostPosted: Mon Jan 25, 2010 11:32 am
Do feelings just go in a snap?
Or how long does it take for you to get over someone?

Not saying the story.
Just answer the question.

P.S. My kitten is eating my vegetarian kung pao chicken.  
PostPosted: Mon Jan 25, 2010 11:34 am
Sometimes it takes me a while to get over someone like when I lose a good friend. Other times it takes me a few weeks depending on my mood I guess.  

Princess Zelda21

Silent Healer

36,475 Points
  • Magical Girl 50
  • That One Hero 500
  • Noble Shade 100

Prof. Moonie

Crew

Rainbow Nerd

33,240 Points
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Bookworm 100
  • Magical Girl 50
PostPosted: Mon Jan 25, 2010 11:43 am
Depends on who they are. Sometimes it's easy for me to get over someone (about a week or so). Then other times it takes some time for me to get over them (about several months).  
PostPosted: Thu Jan 28, 2010 11:09 am
Well, generally, if it doesn't work it wasn't meant to be. So that's what I tel myself, and I realize that it wasn't real love them. ^^

DvnT

[O Thnap!]

PostPosted: Thu Jan 28, 2010 6:42 pm
Go out and get laid. Rebound sex helps.

Blunt, but true.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 14, 2010 12:17 am
It takes a really long time to get over your first "love," according to most people I've talked to and my own experience. Someone told me once that to truly get over someone, where you aren't just functional but really don't feel anything for them anymore, it takes as long as the length of time you spent in a relationship with them.
Also, as stated in the post above, getting out and seeing other people is good advice.  

tea and coffee

Garbage Duck

skittlemaster42

Wealthy Tycoon

PostPosted: Mon Mar 01, 2010 4:23 pm
Divide how long you have been with them by ten.

For example, if you were with someone for a year, it should take you a little over a month to snap the connection.

Not saying this is accurate for everyone, just me.  
PostPosted: Mon Mar 01, 2010 4:28 pm
For me, to get over someone I have to find someone else. I noticed that, because I was still crushing on the girl I liked before my last girlfriend until I started hanging out with her and finally got over that girl. Well, it worked that one time. I've found several other people I could date and still can't get over my ex. *sawb*  

Afi_Kino

Prof. Moonie

Crew

Rainbow Nerd

33,240 Points
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Bookworm 100
  • Magical Girl 50
PostPosted: Wed Mar 10, 2010 7:15 pm
Depends on the closeness and authenticity of the feelings. If it was just a spur of the moment crush, then yeah, I guess feelings can "just go in a snap". But if these feelings were pretty deep that you actually thought you were of relationship level ((or more than that, if such is the case)), then it can take some time to get over someone.

If you've been in a relationship with someone, it can affect how long you get over the person too. If it was a good relationship and you were truly happy with the person, then it might take some time to get over them. But if it was a bad relationship and you weren't happy with them, then you might get over them faster.  
"ALI" Advice for Life Issues

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games