Welcome to Gaia! ::

Why Not?

Back to Guilds

No rules, just Fun! Join today. 

Tags: Roleplaying, Polls, Spam 

Reply "IDT" Intelligent Discussion Threads!
What a sad world.

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Good point
  Yes
  No
View Results

poseidons_daughter_cara

3,950 Points
  • Entrepreneur 150
  • Trader 100
  • Survivor 150
PostPosted: Thu Mar 18, 2010 5:54 am
First off let me say this, I'm from South Africa. I don't know how it is in other countries. In SA when a murderer is caught is he given a maximum of a life sentence which happens to be 25 years.
Yeah, thats a long time, but they have killed someone else to get given those 25 years. Sometimes they even get off for good behavior. Isn't it depressing to live in a world when someone is murdered the murderer goes off to a cell, they live on the govenment money and get three meals a day.
Do the deaths of innocent people really mean so little to the government that the killer cannot at least share their fate.
Its a scary thought to walk down the street and never know who might pull a gun out and shoot you.
Is this really the sort of world that anyone should have to live in. I feel grateful everyday to just get home alive.
Would it be so hard to sort everything out, with a harsher punishment, people wouldn't just kill someone and walk away from it.
Does anyone agree with me?  
PostPosted: Thu Mar 18, 2010 5:16 pm
I understand how you feel, but capital punishment will only invoke riots, and won't solve anything. IN America they still use it, but the murder count is still high because nobody is thinking about consequences when they murder someone, they just want that person dead. And ofcourse they have to give them three meals a day. Jails are rehabilitation facilities, not torture chambers. The act of murder is humane, but that doesn't take away the murderer's human dignity and his right to humane treatment. If you want to stoop to the level of life-taking and vengeance, feel free to do so when ever you get into government.  

Afi_Kino

Tainted Quintessence

Sparkly Treasure

11,000 Points
  • Beta Gaian 0
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Gaian 50
PostPosted: Fri Mar 19, 2010 11:24 am
I don't care if I bid no where near LMP...

There's always the problem that you could have sentenced the wrong guy to death.

Imagine what will happen if a guy was sentenced to death and a few days after he is executed, someone finds proof that he was innocent.

...it's inflated when I say it's inflated!

PostPosted: Fri Mar 19, 2010 2:24 pm
Tainted Quintessence
I don't care if I bid no where near LMP...

There's always the problem that you could have sentenced the wrong guy to death.

Imagine what will happen if a guy was sentenced to death and a few days after he is executed, someone finds proof that he was innocent.

...it's inflated when I say it's inflated!

That was in a movie 3nodding  

Afi_Kino

VodkaLeona

PostPosted: Thu Mar 25, 2010 12:26 am
Well I for one think that they should spend some time in jail before coming up for the death penalty. Like if ya can't be proven innocent in 10 years then goodbye. Also, if your proven innocent then they should have to reimburse your members of your family for those 10 years you were out of their lives.  
PostPosted: Mon Aug 16, 2010 12:25 am
well my idea for a punishment is pretty simple, if u can prove someone murdered another person u take them out back and put a 50. caliber pistol to there skull and fire. see if u take a life u should have to give ur life. plus with a round that big they wont feel it let alone live. I think china may have gotten that one right.  

last angel served

Afi_Kino

PostPosted: Mon Aug 16, 2010 12:34 am
last angel served
well my idea for a punishment is pretty simple, if u can prove someone murdered another person u take them out back and put a 50. caliber pistol to there skull and fire. see if u take a life u should have to give ur life. plus with a round that big they wont feel it let alone live. I think china may have gotten that one right.

I really hope you mean 50 calibur or .50 o.o  
PostPosted: Mon Aug 16, 2010 12:35 am
VodkaLeona
Well I for one think that they should spend some time in jail before coming up for the death penalty. Like if ya can't be proven innocent in 10 years then goodbye. Also, if your proven innocent then they should have to reimburse your members of your family for those 10 years you were out of their lives.

It's called Death Row, but 10 years working on a homicide case is ridiculous, especially gang violence.  

Afi_Kino

regelet

PostPosted: Mon Aug 16, 2010 7:19 pm
Well, I can't share your situation. I live in the Bible Belt(if you know what I mean, The Tri-Cities in the North East area of Tennessee.)and don't exactly have murderers going around killing people like sycopaths. While that is the case, I also agree. If you kill someone, accident or not, you should share the fate of the one murdered.  
PostPosted: Tue Jan 04, 2011 11:21 am
The Red Rebelx
I understand how you feel, but capital punishment will only invoke riots, and won't solve anything. IN America they still use it, but the murder count is still high because nobody is thinking about consequences when they murder someone, they just want that person dead. And ofcourse they have to give them three meals a day. Jails are rehabilitation facilities, not torture chambers. The act of murder is humane, but that doesn't take away the murderer's human dignity and his right to humane treatment. If you want to stoop to the level of life-taking and vengeance, feel free to do so when ever you get into government.

Hitler C a k e

delasislas

Friendly Gaian

18,675 Points
  • Window Shopper 100
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Market Browser 100
PostPosted: Tue Jan 04, 2011 12:57 pm
last angel served

then china should be extinct because you are taking a life so someone shoots you someone shoots them and etc. so don't kill anyone in china i't just going to create a chain of deaths that technically were legalized  
PostPosted: Fri Jan 07, 2011 8:14 am
The act of killing other people has been around since there have been people. Even during the ages when if you killed someone, there would be a public hanging, there were still people killing other people. What you really need to find out is why those people kill. If someone has dementia and they kill someone, would you really want to kill them, or try to make them better? What if you killed someone in self-defense? Would then you have to be killed?

There is nothing that will stop violence altogether. If you feel that you are unsafe in your neighborhood, leave the area, take self defense courses, or bring weapons with you if you are able to. Sometimes the death penalty is best, other times rotting in jail is best. It just depends on the situation.  

Areashine

Interesting Lunatic

MindxHunter

PostPosted: Tue Jan 11, 2011 1:03 pm
I would have to put myself in a killers shoes. I wouldn't know what that person was thinking or what was going on in his head. But I know I would walk with a huge burden, and I'm not sure what reason I would have for taking a life. Eventually it might come that I would want to commit suicide and not live with the burden of what I've done in feeling that I'm giving them their vengence.

If I was in the military and I killed people daily. Well I'd walk on knowing what I've done, take the responsibility and not take pride from those actions. Just know what I've done and find a way to forgive myself in an act of duty.

I just say like I did in another discussion. I personally can never say that person deserves to die (Punished yes, but not die). Even if that terrible person was a killer there was a mother who loved it.  
PostPosted: Tue Jan 11, 2011 1:07 pm
The Red Rebelx
last angel served

I really hope you mean 50 calibur or .50 o.o

just noticed that haha...... no serious  

delasislas

Friendly Gaian

18,675 Points
  • Window Shopper 100
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Market Browser 100
"IDT" Intelligent Discussion Threads!

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash