Submit

Catkid_neo

Magical Cat

10,750 Points
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Magical Girl 50
PostPosted: Tue May 11, 2010 4:15 pm
There's a new discovery aboard, ladies and gentlemen. There are three sihlouettes of the 5th generation starter Pokemon. Can you guess what they'll look like and what each of their types are? The answer will be revealled quite soon.
*click*

PostPosted: Tue May 11, 2010 8:02 pm
My guess is: top left plant, top right water, and bottom fire.
the three things on the tail of the top left look like three leaves, the top right has flippers, and the bottom would be fire by default if it follows the same starter balance as it's four predecessors.

Though, perhaps it's just me, but the top left one looks like it has a cyntaquil head on a sort of weasel-ish body.
The top right one looks kind of like a psyduck with a bidoof head.
and the bottom one looks like a turtwig body with spoink's tail, and those ears and snout look very rodent-like.  

wellwisher
Vice Captain

KingJack!

5,850 Points
  • Flatterer 200
  • Autobiographer 200
  • First step to fame 200
PostPosted: Fri May 14, 2010 11:25 am
Already revealed.

I rather life the Grass-type starter, if it is a little Treeko-y (Clones?). The Fire-type...eh, not so much. The Water-type is a clone of Piplup, at least colour-wise. At least with the Treeko-clone it had more variation.

'Course, I didn't like the 4th Gen starters until I got used to them. Maybe I'll start my journey with a Grass-type this time, for the first time.  
PostPosted: Wed May 19, 2010 2:16 pm
{Update} Since the names of the 5th generation starters have Japanese names, it is likely that the Engligh names will be revealed in the future. However, we have yet to see the evolved forms of those Pokemon. Let's cross our fingers just in case!  

Catkid_neo

Magical Cat

10,750 Points
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Magical Girl 50

KingJack!

5,850 Points
  • Flatterer 200
  • Autobiographer 200
  • First step to fame 200
PostPosted: Wed May 19, 2010 2:42 pm
Catkid_neo
{Update} Since the names of the 5th generation starters have Japanese names, it is likely that the Engligh names will be revealed in the future. However, we have yet to see the evolved forms of those Pokemon. Let's cross our fingers just in case!

Let's just turn on the Pignition and think about this for a second.

What do you guys think the evolutions would be like?  
PostPosted: Sat May 22, 2010 4:51 am
KingJack!
Catkid_neo

Let's just turn on the Pignition and think about this for a second.

What do you guys think the evolutions would be like?

For the Grass-type, it might end up being either a giant snake, another lizard, or a leafy dragon. If it is going to turn out as a giant snake, then it wouldn't make sense for it to have limbs, would it? If it becomes a Grass-type and a Dragon-type Pokemon, think of the potential the Pokemon could have as a powerful combatant since Dragon-types can use a variety of special-type moves such as Flamethrower and Water Pulse. Should this Pokemon be just a giant lizard, it shouldn't be a copycat of Treeko's evolution line.

For the Fire-type, it is possible that it could be really huge (maybe fat) and maybe have some tusks, but not hairy like the Swinub evolution line. Due to mass, it can have a lot of HP and maybe defence if it has some form of armor, but might move slowly. It may be able to use moves that are Ground-type and Rock-type.

And for the Water-type, it could end up as either a large otter, a beaver, or an aquatic weasel. Either way, the Pokemon would probably be super long, have a big tail, sharp claws, and large teeth. When it comes to Water-types and Ice-types, this one is likely going to be a combination of the two since former can use Ice-type moves and the latter can use Water-type moves. Should it be able to stand on its hind legs like its first stage, it is possible the Pokemon could also use moves that are Steel-type and Fighting-type.

Catkid_neo

Magical Cat

10,750 Points
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Magical Girl 50

wellwisher
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Sat May 22, 2010 10:40 am
my bets are the grass type will get long, and be probably a mix between Flygon, Arbok, and maybe Sceptile. I'm thinking that it's going to be the flying type starter if there is one for gen five. (it might end up looking slightly similar to Tropius as well.

The fire type is probably going to be the tank of the three, hitting hard, having a lot of HP and defense.

And the water type will probably evolve to be relatively long, and be quite fast.  
PostPosted: Wed May 26, 2010 1:41 pm
Smugleaf will be Mudkips Meme replacement. It looks... Strange. Wotter is just uncreative, IMO, and Emboar *I think that's its name* will turn into, and I quote from Shoddy batlle, 'a mamoswine on fire'.

I'll keep with tradition and choose fire first, as I've done for every single game so far.  

Fake Aorta

5,000 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Forum Junior 100
  • Popular Thread 100

ItzShelby1

PostPosted: Fri May 28, 2010 11:52 am
The grass snakes japanese name is Tsutaja, the fire pigs japanese name is Pokabu, and the water otters japanese name is Mijumaru. I got the names from serebii.net

My thoughts on the starters:
-Since Tsutaja is a snake, Im thinking its fully evolved form will be grasspoison because snakes just seem to make me think of poison. I think this one will be the fastest of all of them, since snakes are pretty fast (:
-Since Pokabu is a pig, Im guessing its fully evolved form will be fireground because pigs like mud and they like digging for truffles. Im guessing it will have high defence since its a pig and they tend to be big (:
-To me, Mijumaru looks like its wearing a jacket or somethig along those lines, I was thinking that maybe its fully evolved form is waterice. It seems like it will have fairly general stats, nothing to big and nothing to small

So... what starter does everyone think they are gonna pick. Personally I have no Idea XD (wow, this was a long post biggrin )  
PostPosted: Fri May 28, 2010 11:53 am
OH SHI...DAYMN, those legendaries are badass.

*Ahem* Pignition, Emboar, Piglit, Propig...  

KingJack!

5,850 Points
  • Flatterer 200
  • Autobiographer 200
  • First step to fame 200

`Trace

Newbie Noob

6,650 Points
  • Member 100
  • Gaian 50
PostPosted: Fri May 28, 2010 6:59 pm
I'm picking Mijumaru. I always pick the water starter. 3nodding