Welcome to Gaia! ::

Why Not?

Back to Guilds

No rules, just Fun! Join today. 

Tags: Roleplaying, Polls, Spam 

Reply "IDT" Intelligent Discussion Threads!
Abortion, birth control (pill/shot), abstinence or adoption? Goto Page: 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 8 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Which is the best/most realistic solution to teen pregnancy?
  abortion
  abstinence
  birth control
  adoption
View Results

Divine-Beauti

PostPosted: Tue May 18, 2010 5:25 pm
In my opinion teen pregnancy is a big issue in the United States. What I don't understand is why so many young girls get pregnant when there are so many ways to prevent it.

In a way I feel that it's the parents fault for not educating their children. Not just females but males as well. Most schools don't have a sex-ed class and most kids are afraid to talk about sex with their parents because of the consequences that may ensue. To put it in less words, kids usually don't communicate with their parents.

I am against abortion except in the most extreme cases. Particularly rape. I think girls should be comfortable enough to ask their parents about birth control. Taking birth control is not telling a young girl, "Sure go have all the sex you want." It's a way of knowing your daughter won't come home with any "surprises" In any case condoms should always be used but in the heat of passion things might just happen.

Abstinence is a great thing to do, but many teens are not abstinent and it's unrealistic to think that most teens are. It's better to teach and educate safe sex than to say "Sex is bad and never do it." That way if a kid ever does have sex he or she will know the consequences before hand.

Adoption is adoption. If you make a baby you should keep it. Teen or adult. You giving away something that was made out of love (hopefully). Someone that will have your eyes or lips or nose or chin. Even worse that person is just handing their responsibility over to someone else. I suppose sometimes adoption is the best option for some people but I would prefer to keep my child.

So now that I have given my thoughts on this little topic. Let me know what you guys think!  
PostPosted: Tue May 18, 2010 5:30 pm
I say even if a girl does get raped, abortion should NEVER become an option. She should either try and raise the child with help, or if not, give the child up for adoption.  

Princess Zelda21

Silent Healer

36,475 Points
  • Magical Girl 50
  • That One Hero 500
  • Noble Shade 100

Sick Until Sunday

Shirtless Player

7,700 Points
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Guildmember 100
  • Forum Regular 100
PostPosted: Tue May 18, 2010 5:39 pm

I say it's a personal choice of the person it involves.

I don't have a problem with abortion either.

PostPosted: Tue May 18, 2010 5:42 pm
Well, think about it, abortion is still considered killing an unborn human being though! It's just so wrong!  

Princess Zelda21

Silent Healer

36,475 Points
  • Magical Girl 50
  • That One Hero 500
  • Noble Shade 100

Divine-Beauti

PostPosted: Tue May 18, 2010 5:42 pm
I wasn't necessarily saying that abortion should be the choice for a rape victim. But if she does have an abortion because of the rape I would I understand. It will be hard to raise the child of a man that raped you and you will reminded of that everyday. But thats a whole different story.  
PostPosted: Tue May 18, 2010 5:45 pm
Princess Zelda21
Well, think about it, abortion is still considered killing an unborn human being though! It's just so wrong!

So?

Sick Until Sunday

Shirtless Player

7,700 Points
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Guildmember 100
  • Forum Regular 100

Princess Zelda21

Silent Healer

36,475 Points
  • Magical Girl 50
  • That One Hero 500
  • Noble Shade 100
PostPosted: Tue May 18, 2010 5:47 pm
Demon of the Stars
Princess Zelda21

So?

So, the girl would be DENYING her child a chance to LIVE a normal life! What a sad world we live in!  
PostPosted: Tue May 18, 2010 5:53 pm
I'm not for, nor am I against abortion. But! If I were to get raped, I would certainly get an abortion.

I'm not saying that my child would not be worth the birthing, but like Divine-Beauti said, I wouldn't want to be reminded of that everyday.

I have been raped, but the person who raped me used a condom. I'm still reminded of that everyday because he was my step-dad, but I wouldn't want to give birth to a child that would remind me of that.  

Slutty Waitress

5,800 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Hygienic 200
  • Dressed Up 200

Divine-Beauti

PostPosted: Tue May 18, 2010 5:54 pm
Well that brings up another interesting scenario. Even a girl gets raped if she was on birth control she wouldn't have to worry about a child. Which would be even better because being raped is stressful enough. At least I would assume.  
PostPosted: Tue May 18, 2010 5:56 pm
Simplicity in Mind
I'm not for, nor am I against abortion. But! If I were to get raped, I would certainly get an abortion.

I'm not saying that my child would not be worth the birthing, but like Divine-Beauti said, I wouldn't want to be reminded of that everyday.

Either way, I would raise my child, not have it aborted, EVER, no matter how it reminded me of such an incident every day.  

Princess Zelda21

Silent Healer

36,475 Points
  • Magical Girl 50
  • That One Hero 500
  • Noble Shade 100

Bikki Kobayashi IV

0 Points
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Beta Contributor 0
  • Beta Critic 0
PostPosted: Tue May 18, 2010 5:56 pm
Well, its hard to say what I think. Best solution is abstinence, but I don't think that is done much anymore. So I guess birth control, or adoption.

I can't agree for abortion. If I did get pregnant to not go great conditions I wouldn't really be able to kill my unborn child.  
PostPosted: Tue May 18, 2010 6:11 pm
I agree with bikki on birth control. It just seems like no parent is willing to allow their kid to take birth control. And kids are scared to ask so they go have sex without a condom thinking the pull out method is good enough. It's so easy to stop pregnancy but society just doesn't let female teens have a choice. Most likely if they take birth control and people know they'll be a target for guys then labeled as a slut.

I started taking birth control my senior year in high school and told only my closest friend. Not even my boyfriend (until I graduated).  

Divine-Beauti

Princess Zelda21

Silent Healer

36,475 Points
  • Magical Girl 50
  • That One Hero 500
  • Noble Shade 100
PostPosted: Tue May 18, 2010 6:12 pm
Divine-Beauti
I agree with bikki on birth control. It just seems like no parent is willing to allow their kid to take birth control. And kids are scared to ask so they go have sex without a condom thinking the pull out method is good enough. It's so easy to stop pregnancy but society just doesn't let female teens have a choice. Most likely if they take birth control and people know they'll be a target for guys then labeled as a slut.

I started taking birth control my senior year in high school and told only my closest friend. Not even my boyfriend (until I graduated).

What about your parents? Did you ever tell them?  
PostPosted: Tue May 18, 2010 6:13 pm
Princess Zelda21
Demon of the Stars
Princess Zelda21

So?

So, the girl would be DENYING her child a chance to LIVE a normal life! What a sad world we live in!
In my opinion a baby isn't even a person worthy of being named until it lives 6 months.

Did you guys know you can abort and adopt? Gets you right past those crying times.  

applesauce600

9,150 Points
  • Beta Contributor 0
  • Beta Gaian 0
  • Beta Forum Regular 0

Divine-Beauti

PostPosted: Tue May 18, 2010 6:15 pm
Princess Zelda21
Divine-Beauti

What about your parents? Did you ever tell them?

Oh yeah. My dad wasn't really around. But I had a discussion with my mother about it before I started taking it.

And a baby is a living being no matter how old it is. 1 week, 2 days, it doesn't matter. It will develop into a person.  
"IDT" Intelligent Discussion Threads!

Goto Page: 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 8 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff