(first off: i have never read the book, only seen the movie. i know the book is very different in some plot points from the movie, but this question is based off the movie)
in the movie, The Time Machine (H. G. Wells), the main character builds a time machine, and travels to the future. he sees WWI, WWII, and "future" atomic war in the 60s. he then travels far into the future, like 802,701 years in the future. basically what happened is that during the atomic war, some people stayed in the shelters, becoming the light-sensitive, cannibalistic Morlocks, while the rest came back to the surface and became the Eloi. the eloi are essentially cattle for the morlocks. also, there are no adults in the eloi society. they get taken by the morlocks, who also provide food and clothes and things for the eloi.
at the end, the main character helps defeat the last of the morlocks, but realizes there is no way for the eloi to survive on their own. he goes back to his own time, tells his story to his friends, and then leaves again with 3 books. it doesn't say which 3.
so, all that for my question:
What 3 books would you take?