Welcome to Gaia! ::

Why Not?

Back to Guilds

No rules, just Fun! Join today. 

Tags: Roleplaying, Polls, Spam 

Reply "IDT" Intelligent Discussion Threads!
How can you verify you are in love?

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Can love be tested?
  Y
  N
View Results

Duchessa

2,250 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Hygienic 200
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
PostPosted: Sun May 08, 2011 2:03 am
I know I know there are physical signs or the infamous "you just know"....etc.
but how do you test yourself that you are in love ? Maybe there is even a grey area. What do you think?  
PostPosted: Sun Dec 25, 2011 9:13 am
I know that I'm in love when I'm having this feeling of missing him A LOT even though I never had him. Remembering times we were together. Picturing him in my mind. blaugh xd 3nodding  

adrena_extermina

anime_freak_kouga

PostPosted: Tue Jan 03, 2012 9:14 pm
I knew I was in love when the very thought of not having him in my life made my eyes tear up, and when he and I would do dishes together and I could picture the two of us doing the exact same thing together year down the road.
I knew I was in love when I began to cry when telling my mom how much he means to me. I knew I was in love when I'd catch myself running my finger along his jaw and just trying to memorize every little detail.

But most importantly, I knew I was in love when he began to feel like home to me.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 24, 2012 6:41 pm
Many people confused lust for love.
If someone has never been in a serious relationship or hasn't been in one for a while, it's easy for them to get over-excited at the idea of having someone and/or easy for them to make poor decisions because of that.
I'm not comfortable saying that love can be tested, but if there IS a method of testing it, it's time. Love should be able to stand the test of time.
You should also be able to trust and confide in someone you love.  

PenPhantom

Koujo no Omoide

Dangerous Lover

PostPosted: Thu Jul 26, 2012 3:24 pm
Studies have shown that a crush usually lasts around 4 months, while love doesn't end over time.

Personally, I believe even the meaning of love can change depending on the person. For me, there are three types of love. 1.) Love, where the persons' happiness means more to you than your own. 2.) Familial love, where you love them because you have to, basically. They're your mom, or sister, or brother, whatever. Friends sometimes also fall under this category. 3.) "Mizo" (It's a word my fiancee and I made up to describe this.) It's the kind of love that most people call "true". You know deep down that you would die if this person died, that they are the world and mean more to you than anything. That when this person is in pain, you are. It's the kind of love that after three days you get the urge to run away and marry this person, and that feeling never fades. Time does not change Mizo, nor could any action or event. Mizo is a promise and a feeling and not completely understandable by anyone who has never felt it.

So how do you test it? Easy. Do you Mizo this person, would you die to save their life and would you go and marry this person right now and be happy for the rest of your life? If not, let's take a step down. Is this person family, or do you treat them like family? Would you get angry and storm away and fight with them like a sibling or parent? If not, how much does their happiness mean to you? If it means more than yours, than it's just love. If not, than you just like them.

I hope that helps a bit. But PenPhantom is also right, the only way to "test" love is time. Anything true and factual will be true and factual in 2 years, 5 years, and 10 years later...

PostPosted: Sat May 31, 2014 3:08 pm
I figured I was in love when I thought of a future without him, and thought 'realistically, if I ended this relationship, would I move on? yes. would I find someone new? very likely. could I love another person? probably. would I always wonder about what would have happened with this relationship in the back of my head? yes.' I just saw myself wondering when I was older if this could have been, and just consider this guy my one true love, and that's not really fair to anyone who came after to be in that impossible light. I figured if it really wasn't meant to be, I had to ride it out and make sure it wasn't meant to be.  

SchizoSpazz

Space Phantom

10,900 Points
  • Prayer Circle 200
  • Invisibility 100
  • Hive Mind 200

PurelyDef

PostPosted: Fri Jan 23, 2015 2:44 pm
Love is just a word to me. Something someone created because they were insecure about the reciprocity they were getting from their partner and needed some kind of validation that they would stay together. Before I had my first girlfriend, I used to think Love was just this automatic switch that goes off in your head and you experience some elevated feelings of attraction or affection, but that's just silly  
"IDT" Intelligent Discussion Threads!

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games