Tags: Roleplaying, Polls, Spam 

Reply "ALI" Advice for Life Issues
The Dynamics Of Both Mine And My Little Sister's Friendships

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Did I do the right thing?
  Yes, you were obligated to tell D. She deserved to know.
  No, it was wrong to speak of something spoke in confidence.
  You really should have handled things with more delicacy. [I tried! I really did!]
View Results

Miss Cider

Timid Lover

10,650 Points
  • Nerd 50
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Bunny Spotter 50
PostPosted: Thu Jan 12, 2012 3:21 pm
So, might ramble a bit here. Emotions are bit high right now, so bear with me. For a little while, you might think that this would belong in a different subforum, but I don't want to b***h, I want to get some advice for this situation.
So, know this: I'm from a small town, population around 500. Tiny school. Keep these things in mind.
I have a friend, we'll call her D. She has a close friend that we'll call E, a grade below D and I. These two recently decided that not only are they bi but in love with each other. They only tell a few people, because in our area, it would be a base for hazing and bullying. I myself am one of the few they trusted enough to tell. Well, my little sister, who is in the same grade as E, and who always hang around E like pre-adolescent girls hang around Justin Bieber, snooped around and managed to convince both E and D that they could trust her not to tell anyone their secret if they would only tell her. They told her, against my advice not to, and everything seemed okay for a bit. Then, suddenly, everyone knew about D and E's relationship. They both freaked out, and tried to figure out who snitched. We never did know who snitched, until my sister and I were talking and she told that while she didn't tell anyone that D was bi, she told pretty much everyone in her class that E was bi. The next day, I told D, who told E, who confronted my sister at break. Then my little sister came up to me crying and screaming about 'How could I betray her', and 'I said that to you as a sister! You were never supposed to tell anyone!'. Now, I have no idea what to do...I don't want my sister to hate me, but I feel like I did the right thing in telling D. HELP!!!

PostPosted: Thu Jan 12, 2012 3:55 pm
Could really use some help here, some way to patch things up with MLS before she murders me in my sleep tonight...  

Miss Cider

Timid Lover

10,650 Points
  • Nerd 50
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Bunny Spotter 50

shabatha

Desirable Prophet

10,375 Points
  • Entrepreneur 150
  • Profitable 100
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
PostPosted: Sun Jan 29, 2012 6:03 pm
I shall advise you.

Now little sisters are silly like this, first of all, she shouldn't have spoken about it. You should tell her that because it was the right thing to do, you told the person it was about. I feel for her yes, because she may have just lost her friend. But if she was any sort of good friend she wouldn't have said anything about E in the first place. That makes her an awful friend. She may think of you as an awful person/sister. But it was her fault she had caused so much disregard and awful things to happen.

You should probably apologize but say that you had too, since D is your friend and she did something wrong to your friend and her friend.

This is what i would do to my bratty little sister. Mine is four years younger than I and a total pain so...  
PostPosted: Sun Jan 29, 2012 6:11 pm
You did the right thing, but your friend probably should have been a bit more delicate about the confronting thing  

Minnta Aloripma

Dangerous Storyteller

"ALI" Advice for Life Issues

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces