MommiiDearest

Beloved Elocutionist

11,100 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Guildmember 100
PostPosted: Thu Jan 19, 2012 10:11 pm
Good idea or bad idea?
I want one soooo badly, but ordering one off the internet seems wrong somehow, and there isn't anyone near me who sells them.
So I was thinking of making one of my own.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 26, 2012 3:58 pm
I see nothing wrong with making your own tarot card deck. At least with making your own, you can get the theme you want to have. Sometimes its hard finding tarot card decks out there with the right type of theme you're wanting them to be in. *shrugs*  

Prof. Moonie

Crew

Rainbow Nerd

33,240 Points
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Bookworm 100
  • Magical Girl 50

Leprechaun_Sean

Loyal Hunter

10,900 Points
  • Battle Hardened 150
  • Brandisher 100
  • Invisibility 100
PostPosted: Thu Jun 28, 2012 11:59 pm
Because I have no idea what to say, I'll go Harvey Dent on this and let fate decide. *flips and actual coin* OK. I came up heads. And I did this by flipping it once and catching it. I didn't slam it on the back of my other hand. That method is bull.  
PostPosted: Fri Mar 08, 2013 6:04 pm
gaia_nitemareleft Lucas Speaks gaia_angelright

Oh nothing wrong with creating your own tarot cards, dear. smile
I think it's a good idea sing you can control the outcome of the cards ^_^

LucasMondeveig

Defensive Gunner

Fushigi na Butterfly

High-functioning Businesswoman

7,000 Points
  • Swap Meet 100
  • Millionaire 200
  • Tycoon 200
PostPosted: Thu Jun 13, 2013 5:20 pm
But your first deck should always be gifted to you (it's tradition). Do you have a Barnes&Noble near you? They sell some really nice decks (it's actually where I got the one that I use and I absolutely love it). However, making your own will help you to get more familiar with your cards and understand their personalities (anyone who doesn't do tarot will think I'm crazy when I talk about the cards having personalities), and I really think the outcome/influence will be stronger. 3nodding Ultimately, it's up to you. smile  
PostPosted: Mon Dec 27, 2021 12:34 pm
MommiiDearest
Good idea or bad idea?
I want one soooo badly, but ordering one off the internet seems wrong somehow, and there isn't anyone near me who sells them.
So I was thinking of making one of my own.

I think that if you create a deck of your own, it would be wise to base your own deck on one of the original Tarot decks for essential symbolism. Of course, you can change the imagery to reflect your own personal viewpoint, but since the Tarot covers a lot of ground to make a valid prediction for the diviner/guest inquirer, to have a wide pictorial book of cards would be ideal.

I once created a RUNE divination paper deck, with colours that spoke to me in a feminine manner. I used hand-made paper that I created myself, in tones of green and blue -- in rebellion to the traditional male-energy-power stones/wooden slabs that were traditionally infused with blood/male body fluids. Since I created this fortune-telling deck myself (infused with feminine light energy) I was very comfortable using it.

Another time I added some cards to a Totem Animal deck -- adding a Snow Leopard (which I encountered in a vivid dream) and a few others, which had symbolic meaning to me, personally. I drew and colored these cards in pencil crayon over watercolor drawings, and glued this art to a colored photocopy of the art found on the back of the original deck, all cut to size to work in well with the original Totem Animal cards. I used rubber cement to make a strong, clean bond between these two papers, and put the hand-made cards inside the pages of a weighted large, heavy book to help flatten them perfectly.

I have not used a Tarot deck, or any other diving system, personally, in quite some time.

I wish you well with your spiritual journey. gaia_diamond May the light shine through you!  

Clove Boheme

Allied Explorer

8,600 Points
  • Inquisitor 200
  • Popular Thread 100
"PDF" § Philosophy & Discussions subForum §

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items