Welcome to Gaia! ::

Christians In Gaia

Back to Guilds

Open to everyone who wants to share their love for Jesus or even convert themselves into Christians. 

Tags: Jesus, Catholic, Religion, Holy, Bible 

Reply Main Forum
Sacraments

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Aleetheeuh
Captain

Aged Gaian

16,875 Points
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Married 100
  • Waffles! 25
PostPosted: Tue Jan 24, 2012 8:51 pm
1.- Baptism

It was Jesus who commanded the church to baptize (Mt 28,18'20, Mark 16,15'17). Baptism makes a a person participating in the death and Resurrection (Rom 6,3ff) Applies at the time the power of Jesus' death to child. She mystically die to sin, to the world, Satan, and is reborn to life in God (2 Corinthians 5:17) Jesus rescues a person in baptism by His Blood and death (1 Peter,18,19) Baptism makes the baptized:
- The Son of God.
- A member of Jesus Christ (1 Jn 15,55) (church).
-Heir of Heaven
-Erases original sin and personal.

No one can receive the other sacraments without being baptized. No one can be baptized more then once. In case of death of any person can baptize.

2- Confirmation or Chrismation

Its is the sacrament which confirms and complements the Baptism. It brings the Holy Spirit to the person laying on the hands by the Bishop, as did the apostles (Acts 8,14,17). The person is renewed in the Holy Spirit, to follow Jesus and to witnes it with power (Acts 1: cool and sanctify it by its fruit (gal 5,22) and Infused gifts (wisdom, knowlegde, understanding, counsel, fortitude, piety, and fear of God 'Is 11) and charismatic (1 Cor 12,4S).

3.-Eucharist

Its the body, blood, soul and divinity of Jesus present in the bread to be the remedy against sin and food for the soul. Jesus said: This is my body... my blood (Lk 22,19ss,'28 Mt 26.17, Mk 14.12'24) Speaking of the Mass is the celebration of the mystery of Redemption (Salvation).

Mass updates, makes present, the same sacrifice of Jesus on Calvary, and the story continues. Celebrating the Mass is to participate in the bloodless way (without blood and pain) of the same sacrifice of Jesus. It is the sacrifice of the Lamb of God who takes away the sins of the world. Emphasize its importance to the spiritual life.

4.- Reconciliation or Penance

It is the sacrament of forgiveness and healing the wound of sin. It was the first sacrament that Jesus instituted after his resurrection, the same day. See (Jn 20.19'23) and accentuate the verse 23. The need to confess to the priest . it is necessary when there is a grave sin. Talk about sin. Something committed against God's Law (The 10 commandments, etc..) For you must know there is sin, and want to do evil. The confession to the priest gives us a salutary humiliation and he guides us spiritually. He forgives the authority of Jesus, who paid the price for sin by his blood. For a good confession is necessary preparation examination of conscience, repentance of sin, resolve not to sin, confession with the priest and fulfill the penance. You must confess with humility and sincerity (not hide anything from the confessor)

5.- Anointing of the Sick

Sacrament for the seriously ill. Explore (James 5.13'16). The anointing is to heal the sick, not kill him. Prepare for death, if this is the will of God. Forgiveness of all your sins, comforts him spiritually.

6.- Order

It is the sacrament of the priest. it is the institution by Jesus when he said to the apostles: Do this in remembrance of me in the Lord's Supper. The Order of the priest is another Jesus on earth to continue his mission of salvation, why is it that administers the sacraments, the authority of the church.

7.- Marriage

It is the sacrament for the couple has the grace of God to take good care of your marriage and family life. It is the grace for the couple to grow each other and raise their children in the faith of God, overcoming all difficulties. (See Matthew 19: 3ff; Gen 1,28; Gen 2:24)  
PostPosted: Fri Mar 09, 2012 5:23 am
I still need to get Confirmed. I was raised in the Catholic Church and have recieved all the Sacraments I am able to right now but I want to get Confirmed. I should have gotten Confirmed two years but I never went to Life Teen classes sweatdrop  

black-ribboned roses

Main Forum

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff