View Results

MommiiDearest

Beloved Elocutionist

11,100 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Guildmember 100
PostPosted: Sat Feb 04, 2012 2:19 pm
They were mean to me over in the Lifestyle Discussion forum.
I guess I shouldn't be upset, but they were bitching at me for being a mother and being proud of it, even though I am only 19.
And my post wasn't even about motherhood =/.
Thread

PostPosted: Sat Feb 04, 2012 2:53 pm
0_0

My parents don't care if I do drugs (Smoke weed- Anything else and I'd get kicked out faster than you can say "Crystal Meth Lab")...

And as for ragging on you for being a parent, I don't see what the big deal is. I'm 17, a soon-to-be godfather, a good friend of mine had a kid last year, and I've got 3 younger sisters, and a god-brother still in diapers. I've babysat for at LEAST 25% of my life... Not to mention the various pregnancy scares I've been involved in.

That being said, I'm NOT having kids until I'm 30 for 2 reasons: I lack patience, and I still wanna party for another decade. mrgreen  

The Original Jitterbug

Dedicated Hunter

3,650 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Signature Look 250

Minnta Aloripma

Dangerous Storyteller

PostPosted: Sat Feb 04, 2012 3:03 pm
If they keep harassing you, report them or add them to your ignore list  
PostPosted: Sat Feb 04, 2012 9:47 pm
I hadn't planned on being a mom, my birth control just decided that it wanted to take the 1% possibility of me getting pregnant and show me how serious 1% could be.
I just closed the thread. I guess I posted the thing in the wrong place anyways.
I should have given more of a discussion basis instead of leaving it so open.

MommiiDearest

Beloved Elocutionist

11,100 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Guildmember 100

SilentShadowDreamer

Omnipresent Sex Symbol

PostPosted: Sat Feb 04, 2012 10:18 pm
Well, if it upsets you, then it's a valid reason to be upset - I know that probably sounds a little flippant, sorry about that, but I can't really think of a better way to phrase it. Your emotions are always valid. If something hurts you or makes you angry, who is anyone else to say that "there's no reason to be upset"?

I hate to generalize, but I'm going to be somewhat hypocritical and do it anyway - from what I've seen when I go there (which is very rarely) a lot of people in LD are jerks. I'm sorry they upset you, but I hope you don't let it get you down for long. They don't know your life story, they don't know anything about you, so personally I'd say their opinions aren't as important as the opinions of people who do know you and who care about you.  
"PDF" § Philosophy & Discussions subForum §

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games