Welcome to Gaia! ::

Why Not?

Back to Guilds

No rules, just Fun! Join today. 

Tags: Roleplaying, Polls, Spam 

Reply "IDT" Intelligent Discussion Threads!
who inspires you?and what are your goals in life?

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

do you have goals?
  yes
  no
View Results

salooka

Friendly Gaian

4,400 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Citizen 200
  • Contributor 150
PostPosted: Sun Aug 12, 2012 10:39 pm
for me, there are many people who inspire me like: Bill Gates, Dr. Ibrahim elfiky, prophet mohamad ( not for religious matter but I just admire him as a leader though I'm Muslim) and also omar bin abdulaziz.

My goal in life is basically to be successful for sure, but recently I've been interested in robotics so I guess I would like too work in a robotics development company (though I haven't created any robot yet XD) but I'm only 17 so I still have time to learn biggrin

I intend to study communication engineering after finishing high school.
, and ...that's it biggrin

Now what about you??

PostPosted: Mon Aug 13, 2012 1:15 am
Hal Jordan  

GLJordan

Ayame-Yuura

Familiar Darling

11,450 Points
  • Streaker 200
  • Tycoon 200
  • Guildmember 100
PostPosted: Mon Aug 13, 2012 2:43 am
Me~? I have many idols.

Johnny Depp, Heath Ledger, Michael Jackson and Lady Gaga inspire me to be my true self. Crazy, unique and positively delicious~

Anne Rice inspires me to read and make attempts at writing my own stories.

My sensei and Matsuri Hino inspire me to draw.

The Little Prince inspires me to be free and independent of what others think because they really do think differently.

Robin Scherbatsky from How I Met Your Mother inspires me that you can be a little masculine and assertive while at the same time be completely feminine~

My goal in life is to enjoy, pleasure and entertain myself with minimum inconvenience and trouble =w=  
PostPosted: Sat Dec 29, 2012 4:23 pm
The type of people that inspire me are people who decided to improve themselves for no other reason than to have accomplished it, or someone who's overcome personal problems in life that required a serious amount of change in the way they saw things.  

B1g_crunch

Questionable Loiterer

8,800 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Flatterer 200

0Jason Voorhees0

Romantic Werewolf

9,500 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Person of Interest 200
PostPosted: Thu Jan 31, 2013 8:18 pm
The few friends I have inspire me. I am inspired by them to try and make this world a better one. I aspire to help all whom need it, and to never be hurtful to anyone. I am 21 and have a major ready disability and need help myself, but that will not excuse me from helping anyone that I can help.  
PostPosted: Thu Apr 11, 2013 3:37 pm
It may sound odd, but I have not found anyone I want to emulate.
Instead, I see people and strive to not be like them.
My parental unit's parenting skills? No. My mother did it mostly right with me, has butchered it with my brother.
Prescription drug use? In moderation, lots of people become addicted.
Current clothes trends? If it is ugly, then its ugly. Like this seasons obsession with old time-y floral prints. I mean barf.

I strive to be the best I can be, by the standards I set myself. I may ask my husband to weigh in on his thoughts once in a while.
I really want to be a high school science teacher. Biology and Chemistry,  

MommiiDearest

Beloved Elocutionist

11,100 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Guildmember 100

Lycanthropos

Lupine Guardian

PostPosted: Fri Apr 19, 2013 6:01 am
I pass, like night, from land to land;
I have strange power of speech;

Ill start with the easy question: Goals. I'm 45 and at a stage where my goals are simple, because I've already spent a good deal of my life accomplishing what I want(ed). My goal is to raise my daughter to be polite, thoughtful, sensible, generous, caring, and to finish what she starts and not give up easily to frustration. Some of those traits are inborn and I nurture them, others I had to start from scratch. Personally I want to be financially solvent, respected, thinner, and an overall good person.

People I admire...well, that's harder to pin down. I won't go into the whys, I'll just list some of them:
Moses, the Dalai Lama, Mother Theresa, the Buddha, Ghandi, Rabbi Hillel, Judah haLevi, Golda Meir, HRM Queen Elizabeth II, The Founding Fathers (particularly Washington, Franklin & Jefferson) and too many more to list. The ones listed have several traits I admire. And there are more, but I'm not going to fill the whole page. xd

That moment that his face I see,
I know the man that must hear me:
To him my tale I teach."
- Samuel Taylor Coleridge, Rime of the Ancient Mariner

PostPosted: Fri Apr 26, 2013 5:39 pm
My parents and best friends are my major sources of inspiration. Along with Johnny Depp, J.K. Rowling, and recently Cassandra Clare.

My goal is to publish a book. It's been a life long dream and I'm slowly working my way towards completing it.  

Prof. Moonie

Crew

Rainbow Nerd

33,240 Points
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Bookworm 100
  • Magical Girl 50

flauterfli

Gekko

3,700 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Timid 100
PostPosted: Sat May 18, 2013 11:42 am
Get married, have some youngins, watch them grow up and move out, then die an old cat lady.

Besides the basics? Get the Humane Society job I really really want.

Go back to school, get certified as a veterinary technician (CRN in the animal hospital world, basically.)

Eventually pursue a high school teaching degree (biology/social studies/language arts/creative writing)

Also, to speak more than three languages fluently. (Spanish, Italian, & Korean mainly..)

These are a few of the people I admire the most.

Yes, Miley Cyrus is one of them, if only for this um...gem:
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 28, 2013 7:24 pm
Jane Addams, founder of Hull House in Chicago, inspires me.
She is the mother of modern social work! A brave innovator, breaking the rules for women of the early 20th Century.
She was befriended by world leaders and won the Nobel Peace Prize.

This is from the Nobel Presentation Speech:
"From this social work, often carried on among people of different nationalities, it was for her only a natural step to the cause of peace. She has now been its faithful spokesman for nearly a quarter of a century. Little by little, through no attempt to draw attention by her work but simply through the patient self-sacrifice and quiet ardor which she devoted to it, she won an eminent place in the love and esteem of her people. She became the leading woman in the nation, one might almost say its leading citizen. Consequently, the fact that she took a stand for the ideal of peace was of special significance; since millions of men and women looked up to her, she could give a new strength to that ideal among the American people.

And when the need became more pressing than ever, she inspired American women to work for peace on an international level. We shall always remember as one of the finest and most promising events during the last great war, the gathering of women from all over the world, even from enemy countries, who met to discuss and pursue common action for world peace. The initiative for this conference, which took place at The Hague in April of 1915"

http://www.nobelprize.org/nobel_prizes/peace/laureates/1931/press.html  

beaulolais

Weather Forecast

PostPosted: Mon Oct 07, 2013 7:02 pm
I'm inspired by many people, including Rabbi Nachman of Breslov, The Rebbe (Menachem Mendel Schneerson), my siblings, my parents, and my friends. (And my siblings friends...)
Also, random people I come into contact with over the course of the day.
Sometimes random conversations can lead to the most brilliant insights, or useful and inspiring information.

My goals in life... to make the world a better place, with all my actions. It's a process, since I have a lot of imperfections in my character that I have to fix, but it's definitely worth the effort and setbacks. smile

As for more concrete goals... currently, to finish the two projects I've started and start new ones. (A graphic novel and a short children's book.) I also want to learn a whole bunch of languages (starting with Hebrew, Russian and Spanish...), read and absorb a whole bunch of books and as much relevant information as I can... and share what I know with others.  
"IDT" Intelligent Discussion Threads!

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games