Welcome to Gaia! ::

Digimon: Tamer Island Guild

Back to Guilds

#1 Digimon Guild where you can actually be a Tamer with your very own Digimon. 

Tags: Digimon, Tamer, Island, Digimon Tamer, Tamer Island 

Reply Thriller Ruins (Event Archive)
Radiant Light

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Grandwing
Captain

PostPosted: Sat Sep 29, 2012 2:21 am
As you walk, you see a small glistening orb before you dropping from the sky. You pause for a while, wondering in amazement what is this radiant ball of light? Just then, the orb suddenly gave a bright flash and now all you can see around you is pure white. You never felt so calm before.
You then hear a voice from out of nowhere.

Voice: Can you hear me? With this radiant light before you, form an image into your mind...what can you see?

Quote:

Rules:
Draw anything that you can think of with the theme "Radiant Light"
Criteria:
Relevance to Theme: 30%
Creativity: 30%
Overall Impression: 40%

The one with the best image presented by the end of the week shall win AncientGarurumon as an extra partner.

*No stealing of art from any website.
Do the art yourself. You can sketch it/use photoshop as long as the content is there. Violators shall be dq'ed from the event.

*Only 1 entry per person.
No chatting/bumping in this thread.

User Image

PostPosted: Sat Sep 29, 2012 9:48 am
Title: Radiant Winged Dragon
Media: Hand Sketched and inked
Attempted digital coloring with microsoft paint and paint.net after i scanned it in
its my first attempt at coloring digitally but i didn't think my colored pencil did it justice. This is defiantly brighter and I'm proud of it. My reference was the actual card's picture.

I got my inspiration by Ra's magnificent in the Anime. It starts as a burning sun whose tamed fire becomes the shining glory of the sun god. In a yellow flash the Winged Dragon can encompass the entire earth in its radiance. I hope you enjoy.

User Image  

Orre Champion Monty

Enduring Browser

Grandwing
Captain

PostPosted: Fri Oct 05, 2012 6:49 am
We still need entries for radiant light.
We can't have a win by default because there is only one entry.  
PostPosted: Fri Oct 05, 2012 8:44 am
Title: Resolve! Save Alphonse!
Hand drawn and shaded/coloured.

This is based off of a statue created by Square Enix at the end of the first season of FMA, I drew this a few years ago for my old DA account, there is a non-colour shaded version here.

The broken and twisted metal, the tears filling Ed's eyes and the ravaged, lifeless suit that he clings to instill a sense that the brothers were surrounded in the darkness of despair, all hope lost, the smothering emotions of pain and suffering all but crushing them. But with the scrap forming a single wing, and the incandescent, blazing light from the Philosophers Stone offering the brothers hope, the scene changes to represent a beacon of hope, and to pass on the message to never, ever, give up on that which you care about.

This is his Radiant Light. The hope for his and his brothers future.

User Image

Kazu Matsumoto

Fashionable Guildsman

Luigi Egbert

Neophyte Tycoon

9,325 Points
  • Flatterer 200
  • Citizen 200
  • First step to fame 200
PostPosted: Fri Oct 05, 2012 5:32 pm
So I suck at drawing but I wanted to try so I got my old sketch pad out and drew a sword. I write a small story and mantra about it. I added the crest of hope in there, and added fire because it is supposed to represent a candle against the darkness.
I do not have a scanner so excuse bad graphics.

User Image

Here is a link to a couple photos I took of it because I dont have a scanner.

http://s1100.photobucket.com/albums/g402/theredthor/

Thingy I wrote about it to kinda show what I meant to draw

Oh the darkness, the cold, the terror comes

A child seeks comfort against it's halting chill

A father full of hope, lights a bright candle

A ward to fend off the ever growing darkness

Oh a radiant guardian against it's opposite, against the chill, against the terror

PostPosted: Fri Oct 05, 2012 6:07 pm
I took this picture of the sea with my camera. Then I ported it to my computer where I edited it with the program GIMP. I wasn't sure if it would be allowed to count or not, but it is what I think of when I close my eyes, so I thought I would give it a shot.

User Image  

Kizadek

Beloved Lunatic

9,325 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Luck of the Draw 50
  • Elocutionist 200

Shadow of Miracles

Friendly Seeker

6,800 Points
  • Member 100
  • Forum Explorer 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100
PostPosted: Fri Oct 05, 2012 7:30 pm
Here is my entry for the radiant light. When I thought about light, it made me think of my childhood and how I used to play with my three best friends. Light is warm and so is the feeling of having friends. Here is my drawing, old friends now grown up looking at the light because no matter what, their future will be bright in the end:

User Image

p.s. sorry for the bad quality, my scanner is not working so I had to take a picture of my drawing using my phone.  
Thriller Ruins (Event Archive)

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games