Welcome to Gaia! ::

Why Not?

Back to Guilds

No rules, just Fun! Join today. 

Tags: Roleplaying, Polls, Spam 

Reply "PPP" Peoples' Pokemon Place
Minecraft Kanto Region (Version 2.0 Available)

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Master Azrael Reaper

PostPosted: Tue Dec 04, 2012 1:52 pm
Version 2.0 Here

Also, here is my pokemon forum topic on the subject

Right Here  
PostPosted: Tue Dec 04, 2012 3:25 pm
Yeah I'll give it a look.

Upon inspection:
I like how you've dealt with the buildings. A lot of the maps are either out of scale to incorporate the interior, or don't include the interior. You create a version that's just slightly out of scale but appropriate for minecraft scale. And have a cramped interior that still convey's the same idea.

I don't like how the terrain is elevated and doesn't flow seamlessly. Creating huge holes between areas instead of making the unreachable locations terrained.

You should work on some Chunk Editting so that you don't have snow in the wrong place. For the Gym badges, I suggest Records. Add steps when going down or up. Probably cut back on the wool, or make a custom texture pack for it.

Occasionally I see random ore blocks, bedrock, and wool blocks that unless I'm mistaken, have no purpose outside of the buildings.  

wellwisher
Vice Captain

Master Azrael Reaper

PostPosted: Wed Dec 05, 2012 11:10 am
wellwisher
Yeah I'll give it a look.

Upon inspection:
I like how you've dealt with the buildings. A lot of the maps are either out of scale to incorporate the interior, or don't include the interior. You create a version that's just slightly out of scale but appropriate for minecraft scale. And have a cramped interior that still convey's the same idea.

I don't like how the terrain is elevated and doesn't flow seamlessly. Creating huge holes between areas instead of making the unreachable locations terrained.

You should work on some Chunk Editting so that you don't have snow in the wrong place. For the Gym badges, I suggest Records. Add steps when going down or up. Probably cut back on the wool, or make a custom texture pack for it.

Occasionally I see random ore blocks, bedrock, and wool blocks that unless I'm mistaken, have no purpose outside of the buildings.

I tried to get as much as i could built to exactly how many blocks around they are in-game. Yes, some homes are cramped but convey the basics of whats there, while others i did ssteps downwayr to built the whole interior underground.

its elivated because of the many ledges you go up and down in-game. I actually started Pallet town on the normal ground level, but the ledges didnt keep it there very much.

I generally tried to built things tall enough that you couldnt see over the treetops/mountainsides most of the time, unless you're flying. I made a few exceptions where the otherside of the barrier was more of whats expected there.

Yeah, the snow bugs me to, but i wasnt really aware of any way to change the areas it happens in. Actually, it didnt used to snow along pallet/viridian originally, but then they made an official update that made pine tree forests snow. I may look into chunk editing.

Records as badges, eh? Yeah, thats a good suggestion. I may look at what is available and perhaps that might work.

Where are there random blocks? I mean, I didnt style up the digglett tunnel much, but otherwise there shouldnt be any.  
PostPosted: Tue Dec 11, 2012 1:50 pm
Alright, the newest version is now available.

The major feature to this update is that I did alot with the command blocks.

So now I have working warp panels in sabrina gym/silph co, I have many game messages, I have unlimited soda machines, and I have bones/raw fish available in the pokemarts, as well a many tweaks and fixes here and there.  

Master Azrael Reaper

"PPP" Peoples' Pokemon Place

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff