Welcome to Gaia! ::

Why Not?

Back to Guilds

No rules, just Fun! Join today. 

Tags: Roleplaying, Polls, Spam 

Reply "IDT" Intelligent Discussion Threads!
Bad people

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

B1g_crunch

Questionable Loiterer

8,800 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Flatterer 200
PostPosted: Sat Dec 29, 2012 4:28 pm
Are there really any bad people in the world, or are there just a lot of different opinions?

This is something that's been brought to my attention lately, and makes a lot of sense to me. Doesn't everyone always think they're doing what's right, even if it isn't? Surely nobody wakes up in the morning and thinks to themselves "I'm going to be the most horrible ******** in the world today". Even if someone knows they did something truly bad, wouldn't they try to either:

a.) express genuine remorse for what they've done, or
b.) try to justify or excuse their behavior to themselves and other people?

So I'd like to hear everyone else's take on this; are there really bad people in this world, or people who haven't evaluated whether what they're doing is really the right thing to do?  
PostPosted: Mon Dec 29, 2014 1:00 pm
B1g_crunch
Are there really any bad people in the world, or are there just a lot of different opinions?

This is something that's been brought to my attention lately, and makes a lot of sense to me. Doesn't everyone always think they're doing what's right, even if it isn't? Surely nobody wakes up in the morning and thinks to themselves "I'm going to be the most horrible ******** in the world today". Even if someone knows they did something truly bad, wouldn't they try to either:

a.) express genuine remorse for what they've done, or
b.) try to justify or excuse their behavior to themselves and other people?

So I'd like to hear everyone else's take on this; are there really bad people in this world, or people who haven't evaluated whether what they're doing is really the right thing to do?

Yes there are bad people, for example moors murderers Ian Brady & Myra Hindley never showed genuine remorse or tried to justify their behaviour. Sociopaths commit many vile and nasty deeds and feel no remorse for their actions and don't care what others thing of their actions, so they don't need to justify themselves.  

durham red

Incredible Exhibitionist

44,190 Points
  • Alchemy Level 10 100
  • Fusion Master 1000
  • Olympian 200

PurelyDef

PostPosted: Fri Jan 23, 2015 2:49 pm
It's still subjective, I mean what are their reasons for killing people - there's ways to justify murder. Some people are just altogether wired differently from others  
PostPosted: Mon Feb 29, 2016 9:56 am
PurelyDef
It's still subjective, I mean what are their reasons for killing people - there's ways to justify murder. Some people are just altogether wired differently from others

murder cannot be justified as merely a matter of opinion! What about the killer of Polly Klaas, for instance?

nope, some people we would just be better off without, period.  

beaulolais

"IDT" Intelligent Discussion Threads!

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff