Welcome to Gaia! ::

Digimon: Tamer Island Guild

Back to Guilds

#1 Digimon Guild where you can actually be a Tamer with your very own Digimon. 

Tags: Digimon, Tamer, Island, Digimon Tamer, Tamer Island 

Reply Walter Island (Official Contest Forum)
Cinco De Mayo!!! Goto Page: 1 2 3 ... 4 ... 11 12 13 14 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

lief_7
Crew

nuGen Staff Lead

22,875 Points
  • Guildmember 100
  • Gaian 50
PostPosted: Mon May 05, 2014 8:22 am
User ImageUser ImageUser Image

Welcome Tamers top the DTI Cinco De Mayo Celebration, everyone's favorite time to devour tacos and gulp Margaritas! Here in DTI our party is hosted by none other than Panchomon, this guy just loves to party!! SO come one come all grab a drink and relax and enjoy the party, find some new friends and chat among yourselves as Panchomon explains what he has planned today!

Challenge 1: The Unlikely Victors
Mexico should not have won the Battle of Puebla against the occupying French army, winning this battle is the reason they remember the 5th of May, it was important in leading to the removal of French troops and a huge moral boost to a troubled Mexico. To read more about the underdog victory check here.

Rules:
Show your ability to do the unlikely and win this contest by randomizing a number and beating the odds. Randomize a number between 1810 and 2014 (The Years Mexico has been a country.) and get 1862. PM me with a link (Lief_7) to your winning roll!

Won By:Im Windspirit
Donated To: Mister Smokes

Prize= Eaglemon

Challenge 2: Time to Party
Cinco De Mayo, in most places, has become a celebration of Mexican Heritage. The Digital World is no different. Celebrate with the rest of the Digimon and Tamers. Don't forget your costumes!

Rules:
It's time to dress up, this is a Cinco De Mayo Avi Challenge. To win you must enter an avi that fits the theme of a Cinco de Mayo party. Can be your avi or a Tektek. This could be anything from an avi that represents a part of Mexican heritage or just an avi that likes to party. Along with the Avi place a description of why you avi fits in this theme. Creativity and research to back up you reasoning will help your chances. Post links to research. The one I like the most will win but there might be something in it for those who don't win also. All Submissions must be in by Thursday May 8th at 2:00 PM
CST

Spazzy:
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.
Information:

Cinco de Mayo, also known as the Anniversary of the Battle of Puebla, is a national holiday in Mexico that honors the military victory in 1862 over the French forces of Napoleon III. In 1861 Mexico declared a temporary moratorium on the repayment of foreign debts, English, Spanish, and French troops invaded the country. By April 1862 the English and Spanish had withdrawn, but the French, with the support of wealthy landowners, remained in an attempt to establish a monarchy under Maximilian of Austria and to curb U.S. power in North America. On May 5, 1862, a poorly equipped force under the command of Gen. Ignacio Zaragoza defeated French troops at the Battle of Puebla, southeast of Mexico City. About 1,000 French troops were killed, although the fighting continued and the French were not driven out for another five years, the victory at Puebla became a symbol of Mexican resistance to foreign domination. The city, which was later renamed Puebla de Zaragoza, is the site of a museum devoted to the battle, and the battlefield itself is maintained as a park.

The day is celebrated in Mexico, especially in Puebla, with parades and speeches. In some cities there are reenactments of the Battle of Puebla. Cinco de Mayo has also become a festive holiday in parts of the United States with large Mexican American populations, including many cities of the Southwest. Celebrations in the United States often extend beyond the actual day to encompass an entire week, with parades and festivals that include music, dancing, and food.

Source: http://www.britannica.com/EBchecked/topic/118001/Cinco-de-Mayo

My tektek is based of the historical event that changed Mexico for the better. It represents those who fought to see their county free and symbolizes the country as a whole. I have tried to make it festive and fun, so that it is a reminder of the hardships that happened on this very day (May 5th). I hope to honor the fallen or both sides, and congratulate Mexico with a festive avatar.

levelknight:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/1920
http://www.history.com/topics/roaring-twenties
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Great_Gatsby

The 1920s were an age of dramatic social and political change. For the first time, more Americans lived in cities than on farms. The nation’s total wealth more than doubled between 1920 and 1929, and this economic growth swept many Americans into an affluent but unfamiliar “consumer society.” People from coast to coast bought the same goods (thanks to nationwide advertising and the spread of chain stores), listened to the same music, did the same dances and even used the same slang! Many Americans were uncomfortable with this new, urban, sometimes racy “mass culture”; in fact, for many–even most–people in the United States, the 1920s brought more conflict than celebration. However, for a small handful of young people in the nation’s big cities, the 1920s were roaring indeed. This was before the Great Depression had occurred so people prospered in wealth. The novel "The Great Gatsby" was written based on this time period, or the Roaring Age.

My avatar is based on the idea that life is prosperous at the current moment so why not party it up! Let confetti rain down upon the party goers and let them enjoy the luxurious life I say!

Marco:
The problem was resolved 3nodding thanks to a friend.

source(s):
- http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cinco_de_Mayo
- http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ignacio_Zaragoza
- http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/4/4e/Monumento_Ignacio_Zaragoza.jpg

This avatar is none other than Ignacio Zaragoza Seguin who was a general in the Mexican army, best known for defeating the invading French forces at the Battle of Puebla on May 5, 1862. This event is now celebrated in both the United States and Mexico as the Cinco de Mayo.

When the forces of Napoleon III invaded in the French intervention in Mexico, Zaragoza's forces fought them first at Acultzingo where he was forced to withdraw. Zaragoza understood the favorable defensive positions outside of the city of Puebla, and with a force that was smaller and not as well equipped as his opponent, he beat back repeated French assaults upon the Mexican positions at Forts Loreto and Guadalupe. The French were forced to retreat.

This man knows how to kick French butt and it was thanks to his victory against the French Army that the people of Mexico celebrate Cinco de Mayo today.

Yume:
i went more festival with some hertiage: so i went dancer:

With celebrations, which is oddly celebrated more in the US than Mexico -surprise right?- there's marachi music and dancing as well many traditional foods. I wanted to go traditional dancing but there weren't real clothes that would it do justice to make a very pretty mexican female dancer. [also it's really limited on ethnic clothes too ^^; I also added the eagle since it's a part of the mexican flag.

source: Cinco de Mayo Mexico Flag

Ethan:
User Image

Cinco De Mayo, the Fifth Day of May, I dont really know much about this festive occasion. But that wont stop me from happily taking part in this Party! Cinco De Mayo for the win!

-This American College Student taking part in a Modern Rave Party on Cinco De Mayo, a Holiday celebrated in Mexico and the US. Created after the Cival War to celebrate their freedom, but its not Mexican Independence Day. So dont get the two Confused, sorry for the lack of info on it. I just dont wanna copy from other sources too much. ^o^-

Source

Karan:
User Image

While the Flag of the Estados Unidos de Mexico ( that’s right; United States of Mexico) wasn’t established officially in its form until 1821, it depicts a story of Mexico culture from the ancient peoples known as the Aztecs.

Supposedly in 1325 long before most of North America was “discovered” the Aztecs were populating the area known as Mexico today with a relatively great civilization.

Mexico...
Mexico...
Mexico, ******** YEAH!
Coming again, to save the mother ******** day yeah,
Mexico, ******** YEAH!
Freedom is the only way yeah,
French People your game is through cause now you have to answer too,
Mexico, ******** YEAH!
So lick my butt, and suck on my balls,
Mexico, ******** YEAH!
What you going to do when we come for you now,
it's the dream that we all share; it's the hope for ******** YEAH!

TacoBell, ******** YEAH!
TacoJohns, ******** YEAH!
Cinco de Mayo, ******** YEAH!
Footbol, ******** YEAH!
Fifa, ********, YEAH!
Mariachi, ******** YEAH!
Spanish Rice, ******** YEAH!
Hot Desert, ******** ******** YEAH!

Source:
Flag Power!!!
Inspiration
Flaggssss

X Kaos X:
I tried to make an avatar wearing a traditional mexican dress, specifically from the state of Tabasco.

Sources:
http://www.mexican-clothing-co.com/traditional-mexican-dress.html
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tabasco#Culture

Won By:Yume

prize= 1st: Panchomon 2nd: lightning claw 3rd: rooster

User Image

Shadow of Miracles generated a random number between 1810 and 2014 ... 1894!
PostPosted: Mon May 05, 2014 8:44 am
Show your ability to do the unlikely and win this contest by randomizing a number and beating the odds. Randomize a number between 1810 and 2014 (The Years Mexico has been a country.) and get 1862. PM me with a link (Lief_7) to your winning roll!  

Shadow of Miracles

Friendly Seeker

6,800 Points
  • Member 100
  • Forum Explorer 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100
Shadow of Miracles generated a random number between 1810 and 2014 ... 1997!

Shadow of Miracles

Friendly Seeker

6,800 Points
  • Member 100
  • Forum Explorer 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100
PostPosted: Mon May 05, 2014 8:46 am
Shadow of Miracles

Xx_Yume_Shinkirou_xX generated a random number between 1810 and 2014 ... 1823!
PostPosted: Mon May 05, 2014 8:46 am

Xx_Yume_Shinkirou_xX

Beloved Seeker

14,725 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Partygoer 500
Xx_Yume_Shinkirou_xX generated a random number between 1810 and 2014 ... 1968!

Xx_Yume_Shinkirou_xX

Beloved Seeker

14,725 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Partygoer 500
PostPosted: Mon May 05, 2014 8:51 am
Xx_Yume_Shinkirou_xX

Xx_Yume_Shinkirou_xX generated a random number between 1810 and 2014 ... 1962!
PostPosted: Mon May 05, 2014 8:52 am

Xx_Yume_Shinkirou_xX

Beloved Seeker

14,725 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Partygoer 500
Xx_Yume_Shinkirou_xX generated a random number between 1810 and 2014 ... 1861!

Xx_Yume_Shinkirou_xX

Beloved Seeker

14,725 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Partygoer 500
PostPosted: Mon May 05, 2014 8:55 am
Xx_Yume_Shinkirou_xX

Xx_Yume_Shinkirou_xX generated a random number between 1810 and 2014 ... 1840!
PostPosted: Mon May 05, 2014 8:58 am
Xx_Yume_Shinkirou_xX
Xx_Yume_Shinkirou_xX

Xx_Yume_Shinkirou_xX

Beloved Seeker

14,725 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Partygoer 500
Shadow of Miracles generated a random number between 1810 and 2014 ... 1906!

Shadow of Miracles

Friendly Seeker

6,800 Points
  • Member 100
  • Forum Explorer 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100
PostPosted: Mon May 05, 2014 8:59 am
Shadow of Miracles
Shadow of Miracles

Xx_Yume_Shinkirou_xX generated a random number between 1810 and 2014 ... 1860!
PostPosted: Mon May 05, 2014 9:00 am

Xx_Yume_Shinkirou_xX

Beloved Seeker

14,725 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Partygoer 500
Xx_Yume_Shinkirou_xX generated a random number between 1810 and 2014 ... 1946!

Xx_Yume_Shinkirou_xX

Beloved Seeker

14,725 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Partygoer 500
PostPosted: Mon May 05, 2014 9:02 am
Shadow of Miracles generated a random number between 1810 and 2014 ... 1935!
PostPosted: Mon May 05, 2014 9:03 am
Shadow of Miracles
Shadow of Miracles
Shadow of Miracles

Shadow of Miracles

Friendly Seeker

6,800 Points
  • Member 100
  • Forum Explorer 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100
Xx_Yume_Shinkirou_xX generated a random number between 1810 and 2014 ... 1922!

Xx_Yume_Shinkirou_xX

Beloved Seeker

14,725 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Partygoer 500
PostPosted: Mon May 05, 2014 9:05 am
Xx_Yume_Shinkirou_xX

Shadow of Miracles generated a random number between 1810 and 2014 ... 1966!
PostPosted: Mon May 05, 2014 9:07 am
Shadow of Miracles
Shadow of Miracles
Shadow of Miracles
Shadow of Miracles

Shadow of Miracles

Friendly Seeker

6,800 Points
  • Member 100
  • Forum Explorer 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100
Xx_Yume_Shinkirou_xX generated a random number between 1810 and 2014 ... 1860!

Xx_Yume_Shinkirou_xX

Beloved Seeker

14,725 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Partygoer 500
PostPosted: Mon May 05, 2014 9:11 am
Xx_Yume_Shinkirou_xX
Xx_Yume_Shinkirou_xX

Walter Island (Official Contest Forum)

Goto Page: 1 2 3 ... 4 ... 11 12 13 14 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff