Catkid_neo

Magical Cat

10,750 Points
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Magical Girl 50
PostPosted: Sun Dec 20, 2015 5:01 pm
Okay, so here we go...
This week's topic is... Self-Sufficiency!

My little sister moved out of the house to live with her boyfriend's family, which means that I'm the only dependent child now. cat_sad
I was unhappy about having both of my sisters being away on their own while I'm stuck with my parents... until I've chatted with the owner of the studio that I go to over it. It was then that I have realized that I can get pretty much whatever I want without worrying about paying for them myself. My own house, a car, gas money, groceries... BWAHAHAHAHAHA!!! cat_twisted

... That doesn't mean that I can't be self-sufficient, you know. I've already set up the Christmas tree and decorated it all by myself. I've finally made my bed after having the sheets and pillows cleaned (because I was so lazy with that). And I'm in the process of organizing the craft room and the guest/dog room. Everything is going well! cat_3nodding

Because Christmas is this Thursday and that we've already got our holiday shopping done, I only have to worry about keeping the house in good order before then. Oh, and perhaps keep the animals' needs in check.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 21, 2015 1:18 pm
It's always a little scary at first when you start experiencing that transition from having no care in the world because your parents took care of everything to you are now in charge of everything important. However, once you get familiar with all of the "adult"-oriented stuff you need to worry about, it becomes second nature. Not that you don't ever have the nostalgic feeling of wanting to go back to those carefree days.

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

Prof. Moonie

Crew

Rainbow Nerd

33,240 Points
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Bookworm 100
  • Magical Girl 50

SuicidalSkittles
Crew

Rainbow Witch

PostPosted: Wed Dec 23, 2015 2:49 pm
I moved out when I was 21. A little late I think, but I was also the only person in my house that had a job until then. Once my family was on their feet, I moved out and into an apartment with a friend.

Worst. Roommate. Ever.

I moved out after the lease was up, and in with Aaron, and we've lived together ever since.  
PostPosted: Sat Dec 26, 2015 11:50 pm
SuicidalSkittles
I moved out when I was 21. A little late I think, but I was also the only person in my house that had a job until then. Once my family was on their feet, I moved out and into an apartment with a friend.

Worst. Roommate. Ever.

I moved out after the lease was up, and in with Aaron, and we've lived together ever since.

It's actually becoming more common for "kids" to leave the "nest" later than they used to. Many of the articles I've seen discussing about it have mentioned that most "kids" don't leave until their mid-20s to early 30s. The recession, lack of job availability, and the cost of living are the main contributors to the changes.  

Prof. Moonie

Crew

Rainbow Nerd

33,240 Points
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Bookworm 100
  • Magical Girl 50

yeet-chan

Big Duck

PostPosted: Thu Dec 31, 2015 10:56 am
Prof. Moonie
SuicidalSkittles

Worst. Roommate. Ever.

It's actually becoming more common for "kids" to leave the "nest" later than they used to. Many of the articles I've seen discussing about it have mentioned that most "kids" don't leave until their mid-20s to early 30s. The recession, lack of job availability, and the cost of living are the main contributors to the changes.

Yup, exactly. A lot of people think millennials are just lazy but all the odds are against us actually being able to move out and sustain ourselves independently/with partners, due to the economy and all of those other factors you listed.
I'm 20 and I'm nowhere close to being able to live with my girlfriend yet. We have to depend on my parents for a while before we can even think about moving out.  
PostPosted: Sun Jan 03, 2016 10:58 pm
Time Immemorial
Prof. Moonie
SuicidalSkittles

Worst. Roommate. Ever.

Yup, exactly. A lot of people think millennials are just lazy but all the odds are against us actually being able to move out and sustain ourselves independently/with partners, due to the economy and all of those other factors you listed.
I'm 20 and I'm nowhere close to being able to live with my girlfriend yet. We have to depend on my parents for a while before we can even think about moving out.

I'm 26 and still living with my parents. At this time, with the job(s) I have, I wouldn't be able to live on my own.  

Prof. Moonie

Crew

Rainbow Nerd

33,240 Points
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Bookworm 100
  • Magical Girl 50
"CIF" Crikey! It's a Forum~!

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers