Submit

Aridane Avalon

Hilarious Lunatic

12,700 Points
  • First step to fame 200
  • Consumer 100
  • Millionaire 200
PostPosted: Wed Jan 20, 2016 6:58 pm

♦ So for my new years resolution I vowed to improve my drawing and not let my lack of self esteem and self worth get in the way of it, which is what I say every year. This time I'm trying to draw for an hour in the morning with a sketchbook and an hour at night with my cheap tablet.

The issue is that while I can draw eyes traditionally fine, it's not translating well digitally. That and I'm using Paint Tool Sai so it's confusing looking at a lot of the tutorials and not realizing how to work it. I'm not going to get discouraged by it like I would in the past. I'm just going to keep trying until I do get it. Or just move on to doing headshots with different eyes, maybe then it'll go better.

Anyone have any tips or anything like that?

I also don't know where to put this?

PostPosted: Wed Jan 20, 2016 9:45 pm
Not an artist, so the best tip I can give you is just the generic run of the mill advice that applies to anything.

NEVER GIVE UP!!! If at first you don't succeed, pick yourself up and try again, try again.  

Kor Saiyajinkami

Rampaging Genius

14,025 Points
  • Unfortunate Abductee 175
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • The Key to Victory 50

Gyzvx

Friendly Explorer

11,850 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Fortuitous Finder 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100
PostPosted: Thu Jan 21, 2016 11:28 am
I am an artist. My advice is to tell you to tell yourself those same words.
secondly work on fundamentals. if you want to really improve take time to learn line structure learn lighting and shading. study from around you first. to still life sketches to build a solid artistic understanding of composition. learn proper scene placement and perspective. but that's all basic stuff. that will make you good at the skill of interpreting objects around you into line theories. I always tell people I honestly believe anyone can draw. That does not make everyone an artist. So the harder part after getting the basics is then tearing it all down. Play with perspective. look at how to reinterpret what you see into what it could be or might be. after establishing the fundamentals play with the concepts like a mad scientist!  
PostPosted: Fri Jan 22, 2016 4:16 pm
My 'advice' is probably not very good.

The main thing is to not give up. Because I didn't draw much after I got out from high school I made very little improvement. I'm actually started drawing again myself today.

Picking up a few books won't hurt. As well as things that can be used as reference.

Either way I do hope it goes well for you.  

Vikabro

Fashionable Cat

12,140 Points
  • Fashionable Fancy Dress: Cute 100
  • Angelic Alliance 100
  • Magical Girl 50

Prof. Moonie

Crew

Rainbow Nerd

33,240 Points
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Bookworm 100
  • Magical Girl 50
PostPosted: Mon Jan 25, 2016 9:54 pm
Just keep drawing and play around with the digital programs. Over time you'll develop your own sense of style and ways of doing things (which may not always match up with how others use a particular program). 3nodding  
"CIF" Crikey! It's a Forum~!

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games