Hiddochi wolf
Crew

Sexy Nerd

14,825 Points
  • Champion 300
  • Partygoer 500
  • Perfect Attendance 400
PostPosted: Fri Mar 04, 2016 5:26 pm
I-I s-swear... emotion_0A0 *Clutches desperately at gaping stab wound in the chest.*

Ugh. Just checked my midterm grades, and I haven't been this disappointed in myself in a long time. And I've been working my a** off, but it still isn't enough. I waited this long to check them because I've been on break and didn't want to ruin it by thinking about them, but I drive back up to school tomorrow so I figured I'd be prepared. Now I almost feel like I've wasted my whole damn week enjoying myself instead of trying to fix things. emotion_facepalm  
PostPosted: Fri Mar 04, 2016 11:22 pm
Oh no! sad *hugs tight*

I had a severe bout with depression in my junior year of college over grades and schoolwork. It was the first summer I took off because I had to break away if I had any chance of recovery. Also the summer I binged all the TOS and discovered my love of Trek (and gay fanfic), heh.  

Zphal
Captain

Shameless Humorist

24,750 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Gender Swap 100
  • Guildmember 100

wolf_with_a_dragon

Fallen Avenger

8,250 Points
  • Statustician 100
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Treasure Hunter 100
PostPosted: Fri Mar 04, 2016 11:22 pm
Hiddo! *grabs lots of 4X4 gauze and badassages* it's okay buddy, I got you.

Also, what grades did you get?  
PostPosted: Sat Mar 05, 2016 6:07 pm
Oh no! gonk  

Prof. Moonie
Crew

Rainbow Nerd

33,240 Points
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Bookworm 100
  • Magical Girl 50

Hiddochi wolf
Crew

Sexy Nerd

14,825 Points
  • Champion 300
  • Partygoer 500
  • Perfect Attendance 400
PostPosted: Sat Mar 05, 2016 6:48 pm
Zphal
Oh no! sad *hugs tight*

I had a severe bout with depression in my junior year of college over grades and schoolwork. It was the first summer I took off because I had to break away if I had any chance of recovery. Also the summer I binged all the TOS and discovered my love of Trek (and gay fanfic), heh.

*Hugs back* emotion_hug

Oh man, that's rough. I'm kinda surprised that I don't seem to be depressed, honestly; my mom has clinical depression (as did her mother), and there's an almost genetic guarantee that I'll end up with it, too. I've had bouts of it here and there, but they rarely last longer than a few months. If anything, I've been more angry this year than before. Angry at society, angry at the educational system, angry at the fact that no place will give me a chance for internships in my field, angry at how stuck I feel lately, angry at people I know and like. I'm not used to it -- I usually slip into sadness and uncertainty before anger, but I kinda like this fire in my veins for a change. It makes me more assertive.  
PostPosted: Sat Mar 05, 2016 6:57 pm
wolf_with_a_dragon

Well, you didn't disappoint, that's for sure! emotion_awesome

C++ Programming: B (fine)
Microcontrollers: B- (fine)
Adv. Num. Methods: D+ (ouch, but expected)
Robotics Engineering: D+ (dear god gonk )
Diff. Equations: C- (almost acceptable)

I need a C or higher in every single class for them to count as passed, or else I have to retake them. Depending on what score I got on the exam in ANM (which will be handed back Monday in class), I may or may not drop that course; it's the only one I can drop without too badly affecting the rest of my subsequent semesters, and I don't have much wiggle room left in my academic plan if I'm to graduate on time in the 5-year path.  

Hiddochi wolf
Crew

Sexy Nerd

14,825 Points
  • Champion 300
  • Partygoer 500
  • Perfect Attendance 400

Mama Ame
Vice Captain

Shy Conversationalist

PostPosted: Sat Mar 05, 2016 8:00 pm
sad I'm sorry you didn't do as well as you wanted.  
PostPosted: Mon Mar 07, 2016 1:09 pm
Hiddochi wolf
If anything, I've been more angry this year than before. Angry at society, angry at the educational system, angry at the fact that no place will give me a chance for internships in my field, angry at how stuck I feel lately, angry at people I know and like.

I think a lot of people are feeling the same way. I know I've felt the same way off and on the past few years, especially when I was job searching because it was hard to find anything that related to either my interests or the degree I have.

While I am pretty lucky to have gotten the jobs I do have, they aren't exactly the "dream job" I was looking for... or they're a step in the door towards the "dream job" but I don't know when the "door of opportunity" will actually be opened for me to move up into a more permanent position.  

Prof. Moonie
Crew

Rainbow Nerd

33,240 Points
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Bookworm 100
  • Magical Girl 50

Prof. Moonie
Crew

Rainbow Nerd

33,240 Points
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Bookworm 100
  • Magical Girl 50
PostPosted: Mon Mar 07, 2016 1:13 pm
Hiddochi wolf
wolf_with_a_dragon

Well, you didn't disappoint, that's for sure! emotion_awesome

C++ Programming: B (fine)
Microcontrollers: B- (fine)
Adv. Num. Methods: D+ (ouch, but expected)
Robotics Engineering: D+ (dear god gonk )
Diff. Equations: C- (almost acceptable)

I need a C or higher in every single class for them to count as passed, or else I have to retake them. Depending on what score I got on the exam in ANM (which will be handed back Monday in class), I may or may not drop that course; it's the only one I can drop without too badly affecting the rest of my subsequent semesters, and I don't have much wiggle room left in my academic plan if I'm to graduate on time in the 5-year path.

Ooo... those certainly aren't ideal grades to be having. Hopefully you'll be given the opportunity to bring them up.

I remember when I was attending university that there were a couple classes that I struggled with a bit that I wish I didn't have to take... but unfortunately they were required classes for my degree and there was only the one professor that taught them. Thankfully I was able to get through them with grades I was content with - not ideal by any means but still good enough that I wasn't too upset about it.  
PostPosted: Mon Mar 07, 2016 3:31 pm
Hiddochi wolf

Prof. Moonie
Hiddochi wolf
If anything, I've been more angry this year than before. Angry at society, angry at the educational system, angry at the fact that no place will give me a chance for internships in my field, angry at how stuck I feel lately, angry at people I know and like.

I think a lot of people are feeling the same way. I know I've felt the same way off and on the past few years, especially when I was job searching because it was hard to find anything that related to either my interests or the degree I have.

While I am pretty lucky to have gotten the jobs I do have, they aren't exactly the "dream job" I was looking for... or they're a step in the door towards the "dream job" but I don't know when the "door of opportunity" will actually be opened for me to move up into a more permanent position.

Yeah I agree with you about a lot of people feeling that way Moonie. I also having been feeling that way a lot more recently especially after finding out recently that the gov't has known for a while that it would be cheaper for them to eliminate homelessness by providing free housing to the homeless than all the money they spend on dealing with the problem of homelessness right now.

@Hiddochi, I know how you feel. I've even been feeling depression on top of the anger too. They kinda have been switching back and forth for me in the past few months. And I'm sorry you weren't able to get the grades you were hoping to get. Good luck with raising them before the end of the semester.  

Kor Saiyajinkami

Rampaging Genius

14,025 Points
  • Unfortunate Abductee 175
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • The Key to Victory 50
"CIF" Crikey! It's a Forum~!

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items