Welcome to Gaia! ::

Why Not?

Back to Guilds

No rules, just Fun! Join today. 

Tags: Roleplaying, Polls, Spam 

Reply "CIF" Crikey! It's a Forum~!
Gaia's Popular Guild's Algorithm is Definitely Broken!!!

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Kor Saiyajinkami

Rampaging Genius

14,025 Points
  • Unfortunate Abductee 175
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • The Key to Victory 50
PostPosted: Sun May 01, 2016 5:39 pm
I mean just look at how most of the guilds shown in this screenshot of the list are not anywhere close to popular. Hell 20% of them displayed in the screenshot don't even have any posts and 65% are under 100 posts.

User Image  
PostPosted: Mon May 02, 2016 11:36 am
If they were basing popularity on number of posts made... yeah, that definitely would indicate the system being broken. However, if it's based on latest activity, that might be a different case. It's hard to say whether those guilds with high post counts are getting as much activity as they used to. Just look at our own guild; we used to have a lot of activity (usually an entire page full of new threads or post responses) but now we only get a trinkle of posts here and there.  

Prof. Moonie
Crew

Rainbow Nerd

33,240 Points
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Bookworm 100
  • Magical Girl 50

Shallow Carnage

Sparkly Loverboy

PostPosted: Mon May 02, 2016 11:48 am
dont you all just wanna all join the mod squad!  
PostPosted: Mon May 02, 2016 11:58 am

it's a nightmare finding a non-themed active guild these days emotion_8c
i miss when this place was booming

pramheda

Fox

Kor Saiyajinkami

Rampaging Genius

14,025 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • The Key to Victory 50
PostPosted: Mon May 02, 2016 12:41 pm
Prof. Moonie
If they were basing popularity on number of posts made... yeah, that definitely would indicate the system being broken. However, if it's based on latest activity, that might be a different case. It's hard to say whether those guilds with high post counts are getting as much activity as they used to. Just look at our own guild; we used to have a lot of activity (usually an entire page full of new threads or post responses) but now we only get a trinkle of posts here and there.

How does having zero posts work to be indicative of having activity tho? Could it mean that they were just recently created and that counts as "activity"? Regardless of whether or not that's the case, I'd still say it's broken. In no way does have zero posts indicate any sort of popularity; just the opposite in that it indicates lack of popularity.  
PostPosted: Mon May 02, 2016 4:49 pm
Kor Saiyajinkami
Prof. Moonie

How does having zero posts work to be indicative of having activity tho? Could it mean that they were just recently created and that counts as "activity"? Regardless of whether or not that's the case, I'd still say it's broken. In no way does have zero posts indicate any sort of popularity; just the opposite in that it indicates lack of popularity.

Recent activity might not just be about posts being made. If it's a new guild, while there are zero posts, they could easily be making new sub-forums or something. *shrugs*  

Prof. Moonie
Crew

Rainbow Nerd

33,240 Points
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Bookworm 100
  • Magical Girl 50

Kor Saiyajinkami

Rampaging Genius

14,025 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • The Key to Victory 50
PostPosted: Mon May 02, 2016 4:56 pm
Prof. Moonie
Kor Saiyajinkami
Prof. Moonie

Recent activity might not just be about posts being made. If it's a new guild, while there are zero posts, they could easily be making new sub-forums or something. *shrugs*

True that. I still think there is something wrong with their algorithm and really really really want to see them finally getting around to working on making a Guilds 2.0 even tho I know it's pretty low on their priorities. Hell that actually just makes me want it even more because that's rather uncool of them to have it so low on their priorities list.  
"CIF" Crikey! It's a Forum~!

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games