Zphal
Captain

Shameless Humorist

24,750 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Gender Swap 100
  • Guildmember 100
PostPosted: Wed Jun 01, 2016 8:59 pm
You seem to be the only other active member on Why Not? at present. How goes it? xd  
PostPosted: Wed Jun 01, 2016 9:24 pm
Zphal
You seem to be the only other active member on Why Not? at present. How goes it? xd

User Image

Hello there!

Things are going well for me. I've been quite busy the past few days between work, taking a 8-hour long training class (for work), errands with the family, and other odds and ends. At one point, I was feeling a bit overwhelmed but that's passed. So... I'm doing fairly well. Mostly taking each day at a time.

Tomorrow I'm joining a couple of my friends to go to a Geeks Who Drink trivia night event at a local brewery place. The theme for it is Disney. It should be interesting how well I'll do especially in comparison to my friends who are major Disney geeks (like they go to Disneyland every year; multiple times if they can financially afford it). sweatdrop  

Prof. Moonie
Crew

Rainbow Nerd

33,240 Points
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Bookworm 100
  • Magical Girl 50

Zphal
Captain

Shameless Humorist

24,750 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Gender Swap 100
  • Guildmember 100
PostPosted: Wed Jun 01, 2016 10:08 pm
Prof. Moonie
Zphal

User Image

Hello there!

Things are going well for me. I've been quite busy the past few days between work, taking a 8-hour long training class (for work), errands with the family, and other odds and ends. At one point, I was feeling a bit overwhelmed but that's passed. So... I'm doing fairly well. Mostly taking each day at a time.

Tomorrow I'm joining a couple of my friends to go to a Geeks Who Drink trivia night event at a local brewery place. The theme for it is Disney. It should be interesting how well I'll do especially in comparison to my friends who are major Disney geeks (like they go to Disneyland every year; multiple times if they can financially afford it). sweatdrop

I've never understood the Disney obsession, especially the "multiple trips a year thing". I mean, I assume the park offers some kind of "season pass" to make it more financially possible, but how many times can you go to the same park with the same vigor?

(I say, while WORKING at an amusement park and loving it.)  
PostPosted: Wed Jun 01, 2016 10:28 pm
Zphal
Prof. Moonie
Zphal

User Image

Hello there!

I've never understood the Disney obsession, especially the "multiple trips a year thing". I mean, I assume the park offers some kind of "season pass" to make it more financially possible, but how many times can you go to the same park with the same vigor?

I do know that there are season passes; one of the YouTube celebrities/cosplayers I follow is constantly going there for various Disney events and she mentioned she has one of them. I'm guessing that new attractions would bring people back (especially with the 60th anniversary going on right now) or they just go back to see and ride their favorite attractions again. *shrugs* I don't understand the obsession of the parks either. But then again... I've never been to a Disney park, so that affects my understanding of the hype.

I suppose people would say the same thing about people going to the same zoo or beach time and time again. It's not often that something's changed since the last time one's gone to said location. And yet we do it whenever we can.  

Prof. Moonie
Crew

Rainbow Nerd

33,240 Points
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Bookworm 100
  • Magical Girl 50

Zphal
Captain

Shameless Humorist

24,750 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Gender Swap 100
  • Guildmember 100
PostPosted: Thu Jun 02, 2016 8:53 am
Prof. Moonie
Zphal
Prof. Moonie
Zphal

User Image

Hello there!

I do know that there are season passes; one of the YouTube celebrities/cosplayers I follow is constantly going there for various Disney events and she mentioned she has one of them. I'm guessing that new attractions would bring people back (especially with the 60th anniversary going on right now) or they just go back to see and ride their favorite attractions again. *shrugs* I don't understand the obsession of the parks either. But then again... I've never been to a Disney park, so that affects my understanding of the hype.

I suppose people would say the same thing about people going to the same zoo or beach time and time again. It's not often that something's changed since the last time one's gone to said location. And yet we do it whenever we can.

I've been to Disneyland I think three times? California Adventure once (which was way better, imo, so I'd like to sample it again eventually). I'd really like to bop down to Knott's this October for their Scary Farm again (at least with the Haunt events, new mazes get added and the scares are always different from the actors).  
PostPosted: Thu Jun 02, 2016 9:40 am
Honestly, I really don't like that many Disney films (except Beauty and the Beast, Mulan, Lion King, and Up!). Toy Story was meh, I think.

Wizard of Oz: Return to Oz was absolutely terrifying and I have no idea how they got away with something that super duper creepy. Then again, they did make Something Wicked This Way Comes.

The parks don't have enough roller coasters. I liked the Aerosmith coaster. I wouldn't go to Disney a whole lot, but I like watching this guy who does:
https://www.youtube.com/user/LiveFastDiePoor

He goes to Disney Parks A LOT!  

Saikii
Crew

Friendly Fox

30,225 Points
  • Swap Meet 100
  • Contributor 150
  • Full closet 200

Prof. Moonie
Crew

Rainbow Nerd

33,240 Points
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Bookworm 100
  • Magical Girl 50
PostPosted: Sun Jun 05, 2016 11:22 am
Saikii
Wizard of Oz: Return to Oz was absolutely terrifying and I have no idea how they got away with something that super duper creepy. Then again, they did make Something Wicked This Way Comes.

I'm sure having Tim Burton work with them has opened up a whole venue of darker material than they ever considered.

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.  
PostPosted: Sun Jun 05, 2016 12:11 pm
Prof. Moonie
Saikii

I'm sure having Tim Burton work with them has opened up a whole venue of darker material than they ever considered.

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.
Well, yes, but... that king... @~@ and the one lady...  

Saikii
Crew

Friendly Fox

30,225 Points
  • Swap Meet 100
  • Contributor 150
  • Full closet 200

Shallow Carnage

Sparkly Loverboy

PostPosted: Tue Jun 07, 2016 8:20 pm
Zphal

Im still here.. And I read most threads, but that whole phishing scam pop up ad really turned me off of Gaia cause I can see myself clicking a link without paying attention and ending up getting a horrible virus or something..  
"CIF" Crikey! It's a Forum~!

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games