Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

spearquest

Aged Streaker

PostPosted: Fri Jan 27, 2017 9:10 am
User Image

I used this font for a project several years ago. It was on Vista and I thought it was from PS, Paint.net or MS Paint. But I can't find it anymore. I thought it was webdings or symbols, but none of the newer programs have it. Any help identifying it would be appreciated.

(edit: after some searching, it seems to be a variant on a foreign language. some of the letters are greek-ish. but i still can't find the script that replaces each letter to match the sentences above.)  
PostPosted: Fri Jan 27, 2017 6:15 pm
I don't see anything  

Mama Ame
Vice Captain

Shy Conversationalist

spearquest

Aged Streaker

PostPosted: Fri Jan 27, 2017 10:04 pm
Mama Ame
I don't see anything

sorry. fixed.  
PostPosted: Fri Jan 27, 2017 10:11 pm
your avatar reminds me of Yurusen.

Anyways. that's Accents. I'm seeing the Cedilla, Grave, Umlaut/Dieresis, Acute, and even the Circumflex. I bring this up because most Fonts come with Accented letters. (not all, but most) If i could see a few more letters I could probably figure it out. or come up with one that was close to it.

Edit: Check to see if Albertan is what you're looking for, or close to it.  

wellwisher
Vice Captain

Prof. Moonie
Crew

Rainbow Nerd

33,240 Points
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Bookworm 100
  • Magical Girl 50
PostPosted: Fri Jan 27, 2017 10:15 pm
That's no special font. That's just some of the specialized letters that you have to go into the "Symbols" window in your Word document to find ("Insert Symbol" is what you need to do to get into it). Just choose a basic font like Arial or Times New Roman, scroll through the symbols shown, and you'll eventually come across them.

Some of those are used for some foreign languages, especially for those that have unique way of pronouncing names and such. Those little dashes, dots, and other unique flares indicate how that letter is pronounced.  
PostPosted: Fri Jan 27, 2017 10:38 pm
It's not Albertan. And they are subscripts based on what Moonie said. But I'm nearly 99% positive they are not just random letters that I wanted to look like that. When I did this project, I wrote out a few sentences that fit the image to make it look like old writing. I selected the text and chose whatever font that was to replace it. Like making an actual sentence with pictographs. So the problem may also be that the font had subscript options which is why i can't find it. I can come close, but not precise.  

spearquest

Aged Streaker

Prof. Moonie
Crew

Rainbow Nerd

33,240 Points
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Bookworm 100
  • Magical Girl 50
PostPosted: Fri Jan 27, 2017 10:52 pm
spearquest
It's not Albertan. And they are subscripts based on what Moonie said. But I'm nearly 99% positive they are not just random letters that I wanted to look like that. When I did this project, I wrote out a few sentences that fit the image to make it look like old writing. I selected the text and chose whatever font that was to replace it. Like making an actual sentence with pictographs. So the problem may also be that the font had subscript options which is why i can't find it. I can come close, but not precise.

Subscript is totally different from any of the other "symbols" you have pictured in your sample. Subscript is the miniaturized text that shows up when you do something like "1st" (the "st" changes size and moves up). While it's true you have to go into the "symbol" section to get some of the subscript items, not all of those symbols are "subscripts".  
PostPosted: Fri Jan 27, 2017 11:00 pm
Prof. Moonie
spearquest

Subscript is totally different from any of the other "symbols" you have pictured in your sample. Subscript is the miniaturized text that shows up when you do something like "1st" (the "st" changes size and moves up). While it's true you have to go into the "symbol" section to get some of the subscript items, not all of those symbols are "subscripts".

Then I don't know. All I do know is that it's a selection difference like changing Ariel to Webdings. But thanks for at least trying to help.  

spearquest

Aged Streaker

wellwisher
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Fri Jan 27, 2017 11:11 pm
That's what the things I mentioned were.
Cedilla, Grave, Umlaut/Dieresis, Acute, and Circumflex are the extra symbols above/below the letters. they're called diacritic. they're used when writing languages that have specific inflections on letters when spoken. You get them from latin based languages.  
PostPosted: Sat Jan 28, 2017 8:13 am
Ya'll just figured out Blue's Clues  

Mama Ame
Vice Captain

Shy Conversationalist

"CIF" Crikey! It's a Forum~!

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items