Tags: Roleplaying, Polls, Spam 

Reply "CIF" Crikey! It's a Forum~!
huh, platinum

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

I'm not really back
  But I have noticed this place has some rather old posts on the first page still, thats sad.
View Results

wellwisher
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Sun Oct 15, 2017 9:57 am
Seems like it earns more? I'm not really on enough to notice much of a difference. I have however noticed that most of the random junk that I used to get in DC can now be sold for 0 P. Does it still store that value and eventually become worth 1P? or does it round? is it worth selling them even?

also, what's up with this Ring: Randomizer? it lists 39 rings, but I already have 45.

Is any of it worth it at this point? I'm like a dinosaur from an older time. I do DC, but that's about it, too much other things to do, plus scheduling.  
PostPosted: Mon Oct 16, 2017 5:03 pm
Because of the conversion rate from gold to platinum, some items will be under the 1 P amount. You'll still have that amount sitting there until you earn enough to round it up to the 1 P. Is it worth it? If you don't want random junk sitting in your inventory, it can be beneficial, especially if it's any of the items that aren't very popular of being purchased via the Marketplace.

I believe the Ring Randomizer was related to zOMG. *shrugs* I could be wrong. I haven't played it since it first came out years ago.  

Prof. Moonie

Crew

Rainbow Nerd

33,240 Points
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Bookworm 100
  • Magical Girl 50

Prof. Moonie

Crew

Rainbow Nerd

33,240 Points
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Bookworm 100
  • Magical Girl 50
PostPosted: Mon Oct 16, 2017 5:05 pm
Oh... and in response to the poll, there's not as many folks posting now a days here in Why Not. Life and work has gotten in the way for the most part. At least for those of us who still hang out on Gaia and haven't gotten fed up with the site and decided to leave it for some other forum site or other.

For me, I pretty much only hang out here in Why Not when I come on Gaia. Occasionally I might adventure out elsewhere during the events, if I even bother participating. Otherwise, a majority of us who wanted to stay in touch have connected via Facebook. sweatdrop  
PostPosted: Tue Oct 17, 2017 12:15 am
It does accrue... "faster". Except slower. Except not. As for the Daily Chance, practically useless except for the platinum grants and charm grants (sold through the MP). I log into my accounts currently to poke the "candies" on the scrolling list of banner/threads on the My Gaia page, as they grant 2-10 platinum a piece, plus often Gaia Cash in conjunction.  

Zphal
Captain

Shameless Humorist

24,750 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Gender Swap 100
  • Guildmember 100

wellwisher
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Tue Oct 17, 2017 7:57 am
huh, interesting.  
PostPosted: Tue Oct 17, 2017 8:00 am
Though I've been out of the loop on market place trends for, a few years now. So, I am not really sure what is considered a decent amount of gold or not, er, platinum. Maybe I have a decent amount? probably not. I haven't done much besides daily chance for a few years.  

the Lonely Pheonix

ZOMG_TEH_ZOMBEH

PostPosted: Tue Oct 17, 2017 8:10 am
Maybe I'll finally be able to get my random junk from daily chance all sorted out. I seem to get less junk from daily chance.  
PostPosted: Wed Oct 18, 2017 1:48 pm
the Lonely Pheonix
Though I've been out of the loop on market place trends for, a few years now. So, I am not really sure what is considered a decent amount of gold or not, er, platinum. Maybe I have a decent amount? probably not. I haven't done much besides daily chance for a few years.

I'm not certain either. After all, I used to be in the "rich" tier for Gold for awhile (back in the Aquarium days), then when I put less effort in and the inflation hit I became essentially dirt poor. Now I think I'm somewhere in the middle... 33,862 platinum. Reminds me of how 40kg for Fairy Wings used to be considered "god-tier".  

Zphal
Captain

Shameless Humorist

24,750 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Gender Swap 100
  • Guildmember 100

Prof. Moonie

Crew

Rainbow Nerd

33,240 Points
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Bookworm 100
  • Magical Girl 50
PostPosted: Wed Oct 18, 2017 5:09 pm
Zphal
the Lonely Pheonix

I'm not certain either. After all, I used to be in the "rich" tier for Gold for awhile (back in the Aquarium days), then when I put less effort in and the inflation hit I became essentially dirt poor. Now I think I'm somewhere in the middle... 33,862 platinum. Reminds me of how 40kg for Fairy Wings used to be considered "god-tier".

Well, you're definitely richer than me when it comes to platinum. I'm only at about 2500 right now.  
PostPosted: Wed Oct 18, 2017 10:22 pm
I recall my inventory being worth.......more. Then again, the platinum conversion may just be distorting it slightly.
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.
I, actually only have around 16K platinum. just from gold stored on my storage account. I suppose I could check that accounts inventory worth, it's got a few angelic donation items on it. Can't remember from where I got them. some, event I randomly won that gaia ran that I didn't technically join.  

wellwisher
Vice Captain

the Lonely Pheonix

PostPosted: Thu Oct 19, 2017 4:55 pm
Er, sorry, it's like, 63K platinum. again, have no idea if that's a lot or not.  
"CIF" Crikey! It's a Forum~!

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games