Reply "CIF" Crikey! It's a Forum~!
I fail to see the point

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

ZOMG_TEH_ZOMBEH

PostPosted: Sun Oct 22, 2017 10:52 am
in using Platinum to make numbers smaller. then start granting MORE platinum, as platinum is already worth a lot more than gold.
I assumed that in addition to converting things into platinum, they'd be reducing the amount of platinum being given out to mostly 1, 2, 3, and maybe up to 10 per thing. and continue to load up on gold/platinum sinks, There doesn't seem to be much reducing the inflation, just reducing the numbers through converting.  
PostPosted: Sun Oct 22, 2017 3:47 pm
Yeah... I've wondered the same thing too when they introduced the new system.  

Prof. Moonie

Crew

Rainbow Nerd

33,240 Points
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Bookworm 100
  • Magical Girl 50

wellwisher
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Mon Oct 23, 2017 7:43 am
the actual gold in the system, is still increasing.  
PostPosted: Mon Oct 23, 2017 12:14 pm
Yeah, all of a sudden the DC started granting like 300p and I'm like "Wait... wtf?!"  

Zphal
Captain

Shameless Humorist

24,750 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Gender Swap 100
  • Guildmember 100

Lady Lagomorph

Wheezing Bunny

25,075 Points
  • Very Thankful 25
  • Friend of the Goat 100
  • Are You Jelly? 500
PostPosted: Mon Oct 23, 2017 3:32 pm
The whole Platinum thing has some good ideas going for it, but it's also so flawed. neutral IDK what to make of it. I still use gold on this account to be honest. I don't have enough that switching to platinum helps me.  
PostPosted: Tue Oct 24, 2017 7:47 am
Lady Lagomorph
The whole Platinum thing has some good ideas going for it, but it's also so flawed. neutral IDK what to make of it. I still use gold on this account to be honest. I don't have enough that switching to platinum helps me.
If nothing else the platinum grants from daily chance are pretty significantly better than from gold.

Speaking of wich, since I have about 17 accounts, I could get two weeks worth of data in a day calculating an average platinum.
I think i read somewhere that 1 platinum is supposed to be 10,000,000 gold? roughly?
So.... let's see. I could just run it one day. or I could run it for 7 days. get about 4 months worth of data.  

wellwisher
Vice Captain

Zphal
Captain

Shameless Humorist

24,750 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Gender Swap 100
  • Guildmember 100
PostPosted: Tue Oct 24, 2017 12:45 pm
Lady Lagomorph

Totally unrelated but ooooh, you're gonna NaNoWriMo? biggrin  
PostPosted: Tue Oct 24, 2017 4:33 pm
wellwisher

I've heard that, so far as the DC being worth more. Trying it on a mule and so far not having much luck, but meh.

And yeah the exchange is 10 million. Which means for items like the gold shop that still aren't that high, it's worthless because you'll spend the equivalent of 10 mil for an item worth in the thousands. Marketplace stuff seems a little more balanced since they force the 10 mil minimum now, but not entirely IMHO.

Zphal

Yep! There's a NaNo thread in Gaia's Writer's forum if you're interested in the goings-on with it. C:  

Lady Lagomorph

Wheezing Bunny

25,075 Points
  • Very Thankful 25
  • Friend of the Goat 100
  • Are You Jelly? 500

Zphal
Captain

Shameless Humorist

24,750 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Gender Swap 100
  • Guildmember 100
PostPosted: Wed Oct 25, 2017 11:18 am
Lady Lagomorph
Zphal

Yep! There's a NaNo thread in Gaia's Writer's forum if you're interested in the goings-on with it. C:

I've always kind of wanted to try it out.  
PostPosted: Wed Oct 25, 2017 3:30 pm
Zphal

Join ussss! : D We have the thread and a Discord server this year. You don't technically have to be committed to Nano to join in on the thread, but really the support in it's the only reason I won my first year back in 2014.  

Lady Lagomorph

Wheezing Bunny

25,075 Points
  • Very Thankful 25
  • Friend of the Goat 100
  • Are You Jelly? 500

Zphal
Captain

Shameless Humorist

24,750 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Gender Swap 100
  • Guildmember 100
PostPosted: Wed Oct 25, 2017 4:32 pm
Lady Lagomorph
Zphal

Join ussss! : D We have the thread and a Discord server this year. You don't technically have to be committed to Nano to join in on the thread, but really the support in it's the only reason I won my first year back in 2014.

Oh, that's so cool! Congrats on your 2014 win, btw.

I've subscribed to the thread. Idk how crazy busy my November is gonna be yet, which is why I haven't committed... but there's still time! O_O  
PostPosted: Wed Oct 25, 2017 6:11 pm
Zphal

Oh, that's so cool! Congrats on your 2014 win, btw.

I've subscribed to the thread. Idk how crazy busy my November is gonna be yet, which is why I haven't committed... but there's still time! O_O

There's always time! And you can always join in knowing you won't make the 50k. Lots of people do. emotion_yatta

I won in '14 and '15, then had some medical/personal issues that interrupted last year. Technically though, I won the other two by the skin of my teeth, and really only with support via write-ins and word wars, etc. lol If it was just me by my lonesome, I'd never make it that far.  

Lady Lagomorph

Wheezing Bunny

25,075 Points
  • Very Thankful 25
  • Friend of the Goat 100
  • Are You Jelly? 500
"CIF" Crikey! It's a Forum~!

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items