Saikii
Crew

Friendly Fox

30,225 Points
  • Swap Meet 100
  • Contributor 150
  • Full closet 200
PostPosted: Tue Nov 07, 2017 4:41 am
Deep down, I want this shrinking world of mine that feels like it could swallow me whole to expand. I want to be free, to travel all around the world, make lots of new friends, and try and learn all sorts of new and interesting things. And then... I open my eyes and I'm here again: the same house in a shrinking world. *sighs* Sorry I felt the need to vent. I have my family, I suppose, but I'm mostly lonely and feeling trapped. It'd be nice to escape almost anywhere. I know they say, if you want the world bigger, you've got to make it happen yourself. Funny thing about that... You can't really expect to take off when you keep hitting walls, floors, and ceilings, can you? ^^;  
PostPosted: Tue Nov 07, 2017 4:50 am
I long for excitement, for surprise and adventure unlike anything I've experienced before...  

Saikii
Crew

Friendly Fox

30,225 Points
  • Swap Meet 100
  • Contributor 150
  • Full closet 200

Zphal
Captain

Shameless Humorist

24,750 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Gender Swap 100
  • Guildmember 100
PostPosted: Tue Nov 07, 2017 9:39 am
Apply for grad school, lol.  
PostPosted: Wed Nov 08, 2017 5:01 am
You're joshing me... ewe yep...  

Saikii
Crew

Friendly Fox

30,225 Points
  • Swap Meet 100
  • Contributor 150
  • Full closet 200

Prof. Moonie
Crew

Rainbow Nerd

33,240 Points
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Bookworm 100
  • Magical Girl 50
PostPosted: Thu Nov 09, 2017 5:24 pm
I know the feeling. Lately I've been feeling trapped in a rut. I want to escape it... but the world isn't being very accommodating unfortunately.  
PostPosted: Sat Nov 11, 2017 3:14 am
i feel like the freedom is inside yourself

like the last lines of The Ballad of Reading Gaol  

beaulolais

Prof. Moonie
Crew

Rainbow Nerd

33,240 Points
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Bookworm 100
  • Magical Girl 50
PostPosted: Sat Nov 11, 2017 2:55 pm
beaulolais
i feel like the freedom is inside yourself

Some freedom does lie within yourself, such as being able to be true to who you truly are and be able to embrace the interests you enjoy without worrying about what others want to do. However, another part of freedom lies outside of oneself. The freedom to work where you want, freedom to live in a place you want to, freedom to go and do things when you want to (and not have to worry about other stuff [like work] getting in the way - especially if you're trying to schedule something).

Everyone experiences the amount of freedom in both areas differently. Some have it easier of finding a place to work and live, etc. than others because of circumstances they've been honored with.  
PostPosted: Sun Nov 12, 2017 12:09 am
I agree. I really wish I could travel more. It's what I really want to do in life as opposed to taking on more and more school debt for... well... The sake of going to school. I already went to college and high school, so a GED would be pointless to me. Also, there's the fact that school, be it high school or college haunts me in every other dream. I have to deal with that for the rest of my life, having dreams of being in school where I'm either failing, missing classes I don't know of, but feel I should, failing courses, or it's forever the last day of school or the building goes on forever and I seem to be trapped in the building by my wild imagination and it randomly turning into a mental hospital or a crazy, endless mall at certain points. ewe;  

Saikii
Crew

Friendly Fox

30,225 Points
  • Swap Meet 100
  • Contributor 150
  • Full closet 200

Hiddochi wolf
Crew

Sexy Nerd

14,825 Points
  • Champion 300
  • Partygoer 500
  • Perfect Attendance 400
PostPosted: Sun Nov 12, 2017 8:15 am
Great adventures start out small.

When I feel stuck, or upset, or crave new horizons, I go for a walk. I go as far as my legs will take me, immersing myself in my environment, lingering longer in areas where I feel a part of my soul resides. I know that a walk won't solve any barriers in your career or living situation, but it will make you feel better. It will give your inner adventurer a compass to find their way home.  
PostPosted: Sat Nov 18, 2017 1:04 pm
i mostly go to imaginary worlds inside myself, or to visions of this world through a new sort of lens

with help from Neil Gaiman

and Charles de Lint  

chessiejo

"CIF" Crikey! It's a Forum~!

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas