Prof. Moonie
Crew

Rainbow Nerd

33,240 Points
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Bookworm 100
  • Magical Girl 50
PostPosted: Fri Dec 21, 2018 4:14 pm
Looks like Gaia decided to go the simple way with this year's event by disguising it as a "Toy Drive". In reality, it's just another junk and money dump event. The event items looked cute though. Just going to take awhile to get anything done as the donation inventory is glitchy right now... and I don't really have any "junk" to be giving away.

TIPS:
- Do NOT donate platinum. You apparently only get 1 point per every 500 platinum donated (the minimum).
- Supposedly the Crying Emote Mask will give you an average of 400-500 points. I have yet to confirm this myself as the donation part is glitchy and not letting me see the masks I just got. ((Purchase them through the Barton Boutique, not the MP. Only 1 platinum in the store.))  
PostPosted: Fri Dec 21, 2018 4:41 pm
Prof. Moonie
Looks like Gaia decided to go the simple way with this year's event by disguising it as a "Toy Drive". In reality, it's just another junk and money dump event. The event items looked cute though. Just going to take awhile to get anything done as the donation inventory is glitchy right now... and I don't really have any "junk" to be giving away.

TIPS:
- Do NOT donate platinum. You apparently only get 1 point per every 500 platinum donated (the minimum).
- Supposedly the Crying Emote Mask will give you an average of 400-500 points. I have yet to confirm this myself as the donation part is glitchy and not letting me see the masks I just got. ((Purchase them through the Barton Boutique, not the MP. Only 1 platinum in the store.))

No wonder I got so much the first round of junk I tossed in.

And I agree with you. It's not surprising they copped out but it's still disappointing. They need something fresh and exciting to get folks to log back in and revel in the "joy of Gaia" to make a comeback. confused  

Zphal
Captain

Shameless Humorist

24,750 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Gender Swap 100
  • Guildmember 100

Prof. Moonie
Crew

Rainbow Nerd

33,240 Points
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Bookworm 100
  • Magical Girl 50
PostPosted: Sat Dec 22, 2018 10:21 am
Zphal
Prof. Moonie

TIPS:

And I agree with you. It's not surprising they copped out but it's still disappointing. They need something fresh and exciting to get folks to log back in and revel in the "joy of Gaia" to make a comeback. confused

Yeah. I was able to quickly get a fourth or more of the points taken care of by just donating the 3 masks I purchased. I purchased a few more to take care of the rest but now I have to wait for the event inventory to refresh again, so they appear for me to donate. whee

Indeed. And with such random amount of points you get per donations is ridiculous. Some things being only 1 point but others being a whole bunch? All the while they're all the same basic "junk" status. *shrugs* I don't know.  
PostPosted: Mon Dec 24, 2018 9:33 am
Prof. Moonie
Zphal
Prof. Moonie

TIPS:

Yeah. I was able to quickly get a fourth or more of the points taken care of by just donating the 3 masks I purchased. I purchased a few more to take care of the rest but now I have to wait for the event inventory to refresh again, so they appear for me to donate. whee

Indeed. And with such random amount of points you get per donations is ridiculous. Some things being only 1 point but others being a whole bunch? All the while they're all the same basic "junk" status. *shrugs* I don't know.

Yeah and I was plenty willing to dump stuff in there. I have so many freebies that aren't even worth a single platinum cluttering up my invo. Half of it I'm not willing to commit the time to finding out if it has value. Gaia needs to recognize there's no point in giving freebies without value. Creating a sink for stuff they needlessly gave out is two steps that could just be removed altogether.  

Zphal
Captain

Shameless Humorist

24,750 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Gender Swap 100
  • Guildmember 100

Prof. Moonie
Crew

Rainbow Nerd

33,240 Points
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Bookworm 100
  • Magical Girl 50
PostPosted: Mon Dec 24, 2018 12:50 pm
Zphal
Prof. Moonie
Zphal
Prof. Moonie

TIPS:

Yeah and I was plenty willing to dump stuff in there. I have so many freebies that aren't even worth a single platinum cluttering up my invo. Half of it I'm not willing to commit the time to finding out if it has value. Gaia needs to recognize there's no point in giving freebies without value. Creating a sink for stuff they needlessly gave out is two steps that could just be removed altogether.

Indeed.  
"CIF" Crikey! It's a Forum~!

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff